• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
Ah damn, my bad, Matt. I meant to reply and forgot.

I've noticed you only start posting again when it's to rebut something Jordan has said, but otherwise we never see you. Don't have an issue with you and I think you provide a decent left-leaning perspective but I'm just wondering why you don't post otherwise.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I've noticed you only start posting again when it's to rebut something Jordan has said, but otherwise we never see you. Don't have an issue with you and I think you provide a decent left-leaning perspective but I'm just wondering why you don't post otherwise.

Eh, it may seem that way, but my last few posts before that were in the Fitness OT and the Gaming Setup thread. And I now wish I hadn't bothered engaging Jordan the other day.

I still lurk here occasionally, but generally I'm trying to spend less time on forums these days. Busy with IRL stuff, etc.

Scotty W

so who is the odd scarecrow here?
Kev, don’t take this wrong, but I always thought you avatar looked kind of strange. But I zoomed in on it a few days ago, and it looks like you are wearing a hat, but all that can be seen of it is a bit of a black halo. Apart from that, in the zoomed in version, you look normal.

Kev Kev

Kev, don’t take this wrong, but I always thought you avatar looked kind of strange. But I zoomed in on it a few days ago, and it looks like you are wearing a hat, but all that can be seen of it is a bit of a black halo. Apart from that, in the zoomed in version, you look normal.
i have very much taken this the wrong way and all i have to say now is fuck you very much sir and i bid you adieu

Kev Kev

I guess I have nothing to lose then by saying you remind me a bit of Guy Fawkes with a black halo.
call me.... Vek Vek
gif3_041317115136.gif

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
If you guys think ResetEra is bad, try GameFAQs lol

I love their layout and their discussion but you simply could not express yourself there. A joke? Banned. Your political view is stated vehemently? Banned. You called someone or even insinuated that someone is being foolish or stupid? Ok that’ll be three months in purgatory lol

I once spent an entire 9 months in purgatory there, because some snitch reported my post (it was a harmless joke) and the mods were tired of seeing my face essentially. Was basically banned for going to into a Kirby Tilt ‘N’ Tumble thread and saying something funny lol

The mods are Nazi-like and ruthless. They have the least bit respect for creativity and freedom of speech. I really do love the discussion of there and their layout, but I don’t think it’s worth it if the mods are going to belittle and cut off entirely people’s right to express themselves creatively. It’s not possible over there. It felt like a form of prison in a way, like solitary confinement for the mind. You second guess all your thoughts and and don’t even have it in you to make a thread asking for help even without fear of being banned. A very depressing system. I feel bad for all the good people over there that are stuck in such an aggressively strict and apathetic forum run by mods who wont even listen to reason

To all the mods at GameFAQs, if you’re reading this, you’re all fucking pussies, straight up. I’ll beat your ass in Super Smash Bros Ultimate then invite your mom and aunt to an expensive restaurant lead by a world renown chef, show them the replay of the match I just beat your ass in, and tell them to get the fuck out my face

DKehoe

To all the mods at GameFAQs, if you’re reading this, you’re all fucking pussies, straight up. I’ll beat your ass in Super Smash Bros Ultimate then invite your mom and aunt to an expensive restaurant lead by a world renown chef, show them the replay of the match I just beat your ass in, and tell them to get the fuck out my face

Are you showing the replay to the chef too? Or just the aunt and mom.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I’ll make my first twitter account personally just so I can send the link of the replay to the President of the United States of America. I may win some sort of honorary award, perhaps I’ll be representing the U.S. for having won the Freedom of Speech award. Standing up to GameFAQs tyrants aka so-called “Mods”

I’ll inform the chef that two Karens are in needing of assistance in finding their way back to the parking lot

Papa

Banned

I love their layout and their discussion but you simply could not express yourself there. A joke? Banned. Your political view is stated vehemently? Banned. You called someone or even insinuated that someone is being foolish or stupid? Ok that’ll be three months in purgatory lol

I once spent an entire 9 months in purgatory there, because some snitch reported my post (it was a harmless joke) and the mods were tired of seeing my face essentially. Was basically banned for going to into a Kirby Tilt ‘N’ Tumble thread and saying something funny lol

The mods are Nazi-like and ruthless. They have the least bit respect for creativity and freedom of speech. I really do love the discussion of there and their layout, but I don’t think it’s worth it if the mods are going to belittle and cut off entirely people’s right to express themselves creatively. It’s not possible over there. It felt like a form of prison in a way, like solitary confinement for the mind. You second guess all your thoughts and and don’t even have it in you to make a thread asking for help even without fear of being banned. A very depressing system. I feel bad for all the good people over there that are stuck in such an aggressively strict and apathetic forum run by mods who wont even listen to reason

lol gamefaqs

Kev Kev

wkrOd.gif

fr tho that place is almost worse than era

almost

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I’m a bit bias but the answer is Whirlpool ... great Australian forum, and my first online home.

RE can be quite an unwelcome place if you disagree with the masses or are undecided, and you’re often put on the back foot. Easier to just not say anything.

I’ve only recently come back to NG but it feels way more relaxed (ironically like RE was when it first formed), and I feel I can just behave like a normal flawed person capable of making mistakes and perhaps not being punitively punished for it, instead of being an absolute paragon of virtue. Pretty sure GAF will regain the critical mass it needs to be among the top sites again.

One of the main issues is the cult of personality that migrated from NG to RE. Often they’re either mods, or ‘senior’ members that dictate the tone of the conversation or derail threads into this exclusive self-congratulatory circle-jerk, to the exclusion of everyone else.

Then there is the hypocrisy of some of the members there. They’re always championing for the vulnerable and for a fair go, but they will tear you down quicker than you can blink for any perceived misdemeanours such as what happened to dark1x and others that defended him.

Then there was the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard saga. Quite a few folk were banned for having the temerity of demanding that Johnny deserved the presumption of innocence. Boy, the silence in the room was deafening when evidence started showing Heard wasn’t the sweet poor victim that she was letting on.

There was another thread where the OP declared that Australia was a racist country. My mate (we’re both Australians with a close diverse ethnic circle), interjected with the assertion that not all Australians were racist and overall Australia is a very welcoming country. He earned a one month ban for that for dismissing bigotry,

Don’t even dare criticise the new Star Wars movies over there. You’ll be labeled a misogynist homophobic racist etc., etc. for even contemplating that those movies might be flawed (or simply garbage).

And the Reade threads where revelations of her being a compulsive liar still haven’t swayed her supporters ...

NG seems to be in good place at the moment and not too far left with virtue warriors waiting in the shadows to jump you. Over in RE, mentioning NG is extremely frowned upon which I always thought as disappointing and extremely arrogant — that somehow RE and their members were far better than everyone else. Don’t me wrong, there are some great folks in RE, but there are also some absolute self-righteous, intolerant, self-deluded, egotistic members there that just bring down an otherwise decent forum.

Sorry for the wall of text; kinda got carried away.

Last edited:
"just numbered regions" sends chills down my spine

fuckin commies, man

Methos#1975

I was literally just banned from the dumpster fire that is ResetEra for posting I voted Trump because I perfered him to Hilary, that was some how trolling. How do the mods there even sleep at night with a clear conscious, they are garbage people,

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I was literally just banned from the dumpster fire that is ResetEra for posting I voted Trump because I perfered him to Hilary, that was some how trolling. How do the mods there even sleep at night with a clear conscious, they are garbage people,

You are only now figuring this out? It was obvious as soon as a week after the site went up.

Meowzers

Definitely, Reset-your brain and it should surpass the virus that makes people think they like Resetera and turn them back into good, wholesome NeoGAF lovers.

JordanN

Banned
A tale of two Reset users.

tRpJdBo.png

vs.
d1cOqbk.png

The next time someone sees a game developer/publisher on Resetera, show them this.

I wont do it because I don't wanna touch Reeshit, but I really want answers as to how these industry peeps turn a blind eye to this stuff but then get on their knees every time a game is deemed "offensive".

Bonus:

M3iQCap.png

More users are waking up, but Reset clamps down even harder.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
They will ban anyone who says anything nice about Trump.... check that, they will ban anyone who says anything that isn’t vile about Trump. They will ban anyone doesn’t mindlessly follow along in their echo chamber,

teezzy

Banned

Nice to have you. Hope you stick around a while. Tesseract Tesseract has milk and freshly baked cookies if you'd like.

Airola

It would be interesting to know what they'd do to someone who said they voted for 3rd party.
Before Era was formed and they were still here it was very close to unacceptable to suggest voting for 3rd party.

A tale of two Reset users.

tRpJdBo.png

vs.
d1cOqbk.png

The next time someone sees a game developer/publisher on Resetera, show them this.

I wont do it because I don't wanna touch Reeshit, but I really want answers as to how these industry peeps turn a blind eye to this stuff but then get on their knees every time a game is deemed "offensive".

Bonus:

M3iQCap.png

More users are waking up, but Reset clamps down even harder.
Racist shitbags enabled by the racist shitbag mods on a racist shitbag forum masquerading as a 'gaming' forum.

Papa

Banned
Now the bans are upgraded to permanent for pointing out race hypocrisy.

1wgltwn.png

And proof the moderation defends it.

0FrdXiA.png

It sounds like a challenge.

More like ElectricDumpsterFire

What a tosser. I remember that corny cunt when he was stinkin up the joint here.

JordanN

Banned
Update on Reeshit banning of Bojtrek.

Gx4iCur.png

So the old man in the nursing home getting beaten to the point of leaking blood is still considered the "oppressor".

Again, this stuff needs to be shown to any and all game developers who interact with that site.

Edit: One more mod cunt.

u3tozpP.png

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

I think the mods might be the most radicalised people on that site. And you can tell they are parroting the same shit that was subtelty dropped into threads about 4/5 months ago by the likes of Nepenthe and Slayven.

...Ibram X. Kendi systematically demolishes this notion in his provocative new book, "How to be an Antiracist." Kendi, a lean man with long dreads and an encyclopedic knowledge of Western history, says the notion that black people can't be racist is tainted by racism itself.

"Like every other racist idea, the powerless defense underestimates black people and overestimates white people," Kendi says.

Kendi's new book is essential reading for anyone trying to figure out why racism remains such a destructive force in American life. There is arguably no better commentator on race in America today. Kendi's previous book, "Stamped from the Beginning," won a National Book Award. He is also the founding director of The Antiracist Research and Policy Center at American University and a 2019 Guggenheim fellow.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/22/us/kendi-book-anti-racist-blake/index.html

But instead they leech off activists like Tim Wise

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I dig your avatar. What game is that? Looks familiar. A few of us here are Era refugees who fled due to no longer feeling at home in that community any longer. I hope you stick around for a while. I'll keep the water warm.

My avatar is Torin the Chosen, a hero character from the fantastic classic 4X game and one of my favorite games of all time, Master of Magic!

And like I said, I've been a GAF member for like 15 years now, lol.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
Let's count the points:
- Resetera has more users and more posts in gaming category
- My personal beliefs are closer to those expressed by Resetera users with a huge asterisks that I do not adhere to the purity of thought and accept that some opinions need to be challenged and nuanced which is untenable on that forum

- Neogaf doesn't drive hardline adoption of far-left beliefs and create safety bubbles for the oppressed. On the other hand it's clearly much more right-leaning as a result which makes the two forums kind of a mirror image in that aspect.

Tough!

I think initially Resetera had a very good movement, lot of positivity and variety but as many have expressed it's not tenable to have a gaming forum alongside an off-topic discussions ranging from Star Wars and Marvel showdowns to political where the discussion is stifled by moderators promoting very fringe ideas in addition to users themselves. I think NeoGAF does this better with allowing open if sometimes hostile discussion.

The one thing that I think is underrated is having tags for each thread available. A lot can be solved by having additional tags as "sensitive" or "serious" or "for fun" instead of oppressive moderation. You can allow a feminist thread which is serious and a boobs thread for fun.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Let's count the points:
- Resetera has more users and more posts in gaming category
- My personal beliefs are closer to those expressed by Resetera users with a huge asterisks that I do not adhere to the purity of thought and accept that some opinions need to be challenged and nuanced which is untenable on that forum

- Neogaf doesn't drive hardline adoption of far-left beliefs and create safety bubbles for the oppressed. On the other hand it's clearly much more right-leaning as a result which makes the two forums kind of a mirror image in that aspect.

Tough!

I think initially Resetera had a very good movement, lot of positivity and variety but as many have expressed it's not tenable to have a gaming forum alongside an off-topic discussions ranging from Star Wars and Marvel showdowns to political where the discussion is stifled by moderators promoting very fringe ideas in addition to users themselves. I think NeoGAF does this better with allowing open if sometimes hostile discussion.

The one thing that I think is underrated is having tags for each thread available. A lot can be solved by having additional tags as "sensitive" or "serious" or "for fun" instead of oppressive moderation. You can allow a feminist thread which is serious and a boobs thread for fun.

It's important to remember that we're on gaming forums. The social dynamics of political opinions are driven by the lowest common denominator i.e. dumb motherfuckers who confuse spending too much time on social media with being informed; those echo chambers make users more extreme in their beliefs over time

JordanN

Banned
Not making this up.

"White people are either adversaries, obstacles, or scenery. "

wYPpHbD.png

And yeah, there have been a lot of replies about race recently but this just shows the dynamics of how Reset works.

There is no underlying agenda here. Whoever I make a post or reply to, race isn't the first thing to come to mind. Common sense is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom