• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your most anticipated JRPG of 2024?

Which JRPG are you most excited for in 2024?

• Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Votes: 39 15.5%
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Persona 3 Reload

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Votes: 36 14.3%
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Votes: 110 43.7%
  • Dragon Quest XII

Votes: 36 14.3%
  • Dragon's Dogma 2

Votes: 48 19.0%
  • Rise of the Rōnin

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Eiyuden Chronicle

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Ys X: Nordics

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 4

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Other (comment your choice in the thread)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Unicorn Overlord

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Visions of Mana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Decapolice

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak

• Total voters
What is the chance of DQ III HD actually releasing at this point. They have gone completely silent on this one. :(.

As for Falcom, I give up on their newer games. It's too much work and it was too much Rean in Cold Steel. I got through 1&2, but can't make myself to finish 3&4 despite owning them on multiple platforms, lol.

Yeah Cold Steel I noticed is the stopping point for people who drop the franchise

I love Rean but that whole Story Arc is 5 games so I understand man, I understand.

As for DQ III HD-2D Remake, I'm expecting that to come late 2024. I hope SquareEnix starts doing more HD-2D REMAKEs of their older SNES/PS1 titles

It is starting with Live A Live and Star Ocean II HD-2D Remake

I hope we get HD-2D Remakes of

DQ 4 - 6
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
Final Fantasy Tactics

Etc etc

StereoVsn

Yeah Cold Steel I noticed is the stopping point for people who drop the franchise

I love Rean but that whole Story Arc is 5 games so I understand man, I understand.

As for DQ III HD-2D Remake, I'm expecting that to come late 2024. I hope SquareEnix starts doing more HD-2D REMAKEs of their older SNES/PS1 titles

It is starting with Live A Live and Star Ocean II HD-2D Remake

I hope we get HD-2D Remakes of

DQ 4 - 6
Chrono Trigger
Xenogears
Final Fantasy Tactics

Etc etc
Oh damn, forgot about Star Ocean. Going to snag a physical for the Switch if that exists. Not going to play it for a while but that's pure nostalgia.

And yeah, Xenogears or Chrono 2.5D remake would be amazing. Don't see either happening though, especially Xenogears.

Edit: Cold Steel just dragged on too damn long. The first game also simply wasn't that good, and 2nd just didn't excite me much. That's a shame considering I have been Falcom fan for many years.

Last edited:
Oh damn, forgot about Star Ocean. Going to snag a physical for the Switch if that exists. Not going to play it for a while but that's pure nostalgia.

And yeah, Xenogears or Chrono 2.5D remake would be amazing. Don't see either happening though, especially Xenogears.

Edit: Cold Steel just dragged on too damn long. The first game also simply wasn't that good, and 2nd just didn't excite me much. That's a shame considering I have been Falcom fan for many years.

Yeah there's a physical for Star Ocean 2 HD-2D Remake. Pretty sure it's on Amazon

As for Cold Steel story arc, I still love it despite it being the weakest so far. Also 5 long ass games so I understand. The Libral and Crossbell Arc are way better

As for the Calvard Republic Arc, it's a noticeable improvement. But you have to get through the Ereberean Cold Steel Arc so I understand. It's 5 games.

Reactions: Isa

StereoVsn

Yeah there's a physical for Star Ocean 2 HD-2D Remake. Pretty sure it's on Amazon

As for Cold Steel story arc, I still love it despite it being the weakest so far. Also 5 long ass games so I understand. The Libral and Crossbell Arc are way better

As for the Calvard Republic Arc, it's a noticeable improvement. But you have to get through the Ereberean Cold Steel Arc so I understand. It's 5 games.
Yep, and I just don't have the time to spend on this series which wastes at least half the time out of 400 hours or so it would take to finish 5 games in question. Mind you, I am about 150 hours in so far, but just don't have it in me to continue.

Maybe I will watch summaries of Cold Steel 3&4 plus the follow up and jump into next arc.

Ooh, and thanks for the tip on Star Ocean, going to grab it, it's pure nostalgia.

Yep, and I just don't have the time to spend on this series which wastes at least half the time out of 400 hours or so it would take to finish 5 games in question. Mind you, I am about 150 hours in so far, but just don't have it in me to continue.

Maybe I will watch summaries of Cold Steel 3&4 plus the follow up and jump into next arc.

Ooh, and thanks for the tip on Star Ocean, going to grab it, it's pure nostalgia.

Yeah can't wait for Star Ocean

Also yeah might I well just watch summaries of Cold Steel 3 and 4

I only played Kuro No Kiseki but it's a noticeable improvement so far

I wish Sea of Stars Physical was releasing the same time as the digital release

Last edited:
Rebirth is absolutely going to crush the competition. Where is DQ3 Remake though??

Somone forgot YS X
Added them both to the poll. I've also decided to make the poll multiple choice since initially there were only 5 options and now there are 10+ lol. I've also added Kindom Hearts 4 since it has a release window of 2024 - 2025 so who knows maybe it will launch next year after all.

Tagging some GAF members to revisit the thread and vote again as you have multiple favorite JRPGs that you'd like to play in 2024: graywolf323 graywolf323 Danjin44 Danjin44 RoboFu RoboFu yazenov yazenov YukiOnna YukiOnna Isa Isa NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt . Might have missed some peeps, sorry about that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Added them both to the poll. I've also decided to make the poll multiple choice since initially there were only 5 options and now there are 10+ lol. I've also added Kindom Hearts 4 since it has a release window of 2024 - 2025 so who knows maybe it will launch next year after all.

Tagging some GAF members to revisit the thread and vote again as you have multiple favorite JRPGs that you'd like to play in 2024: graywolf323 graywolf323 Danjin44 Danjin44 RoboFu RoboFu yazenov yazenov YukiOnna YukiOnna Isa Isa NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt . Might have missed some peeps, sorry about that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Thanks man

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake hasn't been officially announced though as coming out in 2024. I do expect it to be a late 2024 release

As for Kingdom Hearts 4, not interested at all. Kingdom Hearts 3 completely turned me off. Not to mention, I always thought thus franchise was overrated and overhyped anyways :p

Last edited:

ranmafan

Right now easily my number one is going to be Metaphor: ReFantazio. Everything about that title has me so intrigued. Followed by Granblue Fantasy Relink, Persona 3 Reload, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Dragon Quest III HD2D remake,and Eiyuden Chronicle. Dragon Quest XII would be high on that list too but I have doubts it will make it next year. I hope I’m wrong. Also if it misses this year, which wouldn’t surprise me, I’ll add the Suikoden remakes to my list too but im hoping that it still makes its 2023 release date.

Robb

Gold Member
Nothing for me yet. I will be getting the Mario RPG remake though, but that’s this year.

If that Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door remake is real and release next year I’ll be getting that as well I’m sure.

NanaMiku

For me it's: Like a Dragon 8, Metaphor: Refantazio, and Granblue Fantasy Relink. Oh, and I already backed Eiyuden Chronicle

Hopefully there's something new from Monolith Soft too.

NanaMiku

I'm expecting a Xenoblade Chronicles X Port as thier last game for Switch. Just before a Switch 2 comes out

xenoblade-xenoblade-x.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
1. Metaphor: ReFantazio
2. Granblue Fantasy Relink
3. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
4. Persona 3 Reload
5. Dragon Quest XII
6. Super Mario RPG
I guess I have to redo my list again.

1. Metaphor: ReFantazio
2. Granblue Fantasy Relink
3. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
4. Persona 3 Reload
5. Dragon Quest XII
6. Dragon Quest III 2D-HD
7. Kingdom Hearts 4

Thief1987

I very much doubt that Ys X will be a 2024 release, if we talking about the west. Though I hope that we will get Kuro no Kiseki next year, and it will be my most anticipated JRPG in this case. From the poll I'm interested in Rise of Ronin, Granblue Fantasy and Metaphor.

Last edited:

graywolf323

I've added Kuro no Kiseki in the poll as well since it has been mentioned several times in this thread and apparently the publisher for the game in the West (NIS America) said that the English localization will be done asap.

kiseki-kuro-no-kiseki.gif

8wPx4C.gif

1688520654_new_grimcats_transform.gif
I’ll likely stick with Rebirth but this would be a very close second for me

at this point you might want to just add an “Other (Comment Your Choice)” option? 🤔😜

Last edited:

NanaMiku

I still have the game on my Wii U

But stopped playing after 10 hours since getting confused on what to do to progress the main story. Still a good game but would rather play it on Switch. Not to mention the small text and the gamepad
I also still have it. I even tried playing it in emulator because I want to play with JP dub. But the small text stopped me

Isa

I've added Kuro no Kiseki in the poll as well since it has been mentioned several times in this thread and apparently the publisher for the game in the West (NIS America) said that the English localization will be done asap.

kiseki-kuro-no-kiseki.gif

8wPx4C.gif

1688520654_new_grimcats_transform.gif
Nice. I know some people might poopoo the game's gfx but I think its a noticeable step up for Falcom visually. Nice transformation too! Excited to start a new arc.

I forgot to mention DQ III HD2D remake I think. It looks great and is among my most anticipated nostalgia trips. Looking back I had so much fun with all of the franchise, but for some reason after I&II, III just clicked with me in such a great way. I think it was a mix of the character creation and art. Also two main protags to chose from(4 had this as well iirc). I always struggle to think of which entry I love the most as they all have a special place in my heart. I, III, IV, V, VIII, XI. DQ IIImake will be a title I drop other games for at the time to play lol.

I know my sister's most anticipated. Star Ocean II HD2D, and the Suikoden 1&2 remasters as well as Eiyuden Chronicle game. She was huge into those back during the PS1 era.

Bkdk

if nomura really did make KH4 released in 2024, he would break a lot of record in terms of productivity for aaa games.

GymWolf

Yakuza of course.

Second place dragon dogma if they fix everything wrong with the first game (so everything except some of the combat).

Rise of the ronin third place but i need to see more.

And of course negative hype for remilk part 2.

Last edited:
If I had a PS5, then FFVII Rebirth no questions. So my choice goes to Persona 3 Reload (unless Xenoblade X comes to the Switch). Metaphor and Eiyuden Chronicles are good runner-ups.

Honestly I doubt DQXII will release next year.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Granblue Fantasy

It's a unique opportunity, so many gatcha games have very intresting worlds and characters, this is because especially with the latter they monetise those directly.

This is a full price regular game, and has a chance to let people who want actual gameplay and not just a dopamine rush from gambling to experience some solid existing worldbuilding. It could open up other games giving it a shot...

I still feel bad about Dragalia Lost, an interesting world designed by the Granblue Guys and Nintendo as a joint venture only to be squandered as a mobile gatcha game.

Labadal

If all these release in 2024, it will be mental. Which ones do I want day 1? I will put them in bold. Most anticipated? The new Yakuza game.
  • Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • Dragon Quest XII
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Rise of the Rōnin
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
I'm reviving this topic for a bit.

All the above mentioned games, plus:
  • Suikoden I&II HD Remaster Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • Goblin Slayer -Another Adventurer- Nightmare Feast
  • Dragon Quest III 2D-HD
  • Sand Land
  • Decapolice
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • SaGa Emerald Beyond
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak
  • Inazuma Eleven: Victory Road

I will most likely buy those not in bold text at some point, too. That's possibly 19 JRPGs that I will buy in one year. I remember the times when we had to beg for them. I'd buy the Tales of Arise expansions if it's standalone.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You mean fire of hell! they coming out way too fucking close to each other and almost all them close to 80-100 hours RPGs and if the rumours are true about Elden Ring DLC coming out on Feb 5th then I'm FUCKED!
I've come to realize that's nothing but good for the consumer. It's the publishers' loss.

You can only play one at a time, so the sooner all of them come out, the sooner you get price cuts. So just play 1 of them. Then when you get the next, it might be $10 off. Then get the next and maybe it's $20 off. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I've come to realize that's nothing but good for the consumer. It's the publishers' loss.

You can only play one at a time, so the sooner all of them come out, the sooner you get price cuts. So just play 1 of them. Then when you get the next, it might be $10 off. Then get the next and maybe it's $20 off. They have no one to blame but themselves.
You forgetting one crucial point............I have problem and I want to buy them day one.
milakunis-i-have-issues.gif

Top Bottom