• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your most anticipated JRPG of 2024?

Which JRPG are you most excited for in 2024?

• Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Votes: 39 15.5%
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Persona 3 Reload

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Votes: 36 14.3%
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Votes: 110 43.7%
  • Dragon Quest XII

Votes: 36 14.3%
  • Dragon's Dogma 2

Votes: 48 19.0%
  • Rise of the Rōnin

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Eiyuden Chronicle

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Ys X: Nordics

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 4

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Other (comment your choice in the thread)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Unicorn Overlord

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Visions of Mana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Decapolice

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak

• Total voters
The end of the year is quickly approaching, and as we all know there are some heavy-hitter JRPGs planned to be released in 2024.

So without further ado please go ahead and vote (and comment as well if you'd like) for the 2024 JRPG you're currently most excited about.

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth releases early 2024
giphy.gif

Metaphor: ReFantazio coming sometime in 2024
metaphor-refantazio-metaphorrefantazio.gif

Persona 3 Reload releases February 2, 2024
awakening-persona-3.gif

Granblue Fantasy: Relink releases February 1, 2024.
team-granblue-fantasy-relink.gif

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth coming early 2024
giphy.gif

Dragon Quest XII aiming for a 2024 - 2025 release
dragon-quest-xii-the-flames-of-fate.large.jpg

Dragon's Dogma 2 coming 2024
dragons-dogma-ii.gif

Rise of the Rōnin coming early 2024
s1BvmTp.gif

Eiyuden Chronicle aiming for a Q2 2024 release window
911a47cb200369818e42c531f93d726f_original.gif

Ys X: Nordics probably coming in the west in 2024
ys-x-nordics-ys-x.gif

Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake possibly releasing in 2024

6b89514813dd21d9df04abcd868ead9e826f672a.gif

Kingdom Hearts 4 with a 2024 - 2025 release window
be1227f6a97d7b69bf6bcb646eb18c3eaa0dd672.gif

The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki which will be releasing in the West ASAP according to NIS America
1688520654_new_grimcats_transform.gif

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
The end of the year is quickly approaching, and as we all know there are some heavy-hitter JRPGs planned to be released in 2024.

So without further ado please go ahead and vote (and comment as well if you'd like) for the 2024 JRPG you're currently most excited about.

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth releasing in early 2024
Like-a-Dragon-Infinite-Wealth.jpg

Metaphor: ReFantazio coming sometime in 2024
Metaphor-ReFantazio_2023_06-11-23_012.jpg

Persona 3 Reload releases February 2, 2024
P3-Reload-Ann_06-11-23-768x432.png

Granblue Fantasy: Relink releases February 1, 2024.
maxresdefault.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth coming early 2024
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

That's a lot of angry soyface

graywolf323

all of the above?

FFVII is #1 though, Persona 3 might have managed to pull ahead but the lack of FeMC plus other things keeping it from FINALLY getting a definitive edition keeps it lower, so my ranking would probably be

1. Rebirth
  2. Metaphor
  3. Persona 3
  4. LIke a Dragon
  5. Granblue
but I plan to get all 5 of them day 1

Celcius

°Temp. member
1. FF7 Rebirth - EZ No Question.
2. GranBlue Fantasy Relink - I've been looking forward to this for the years and really like the GB universe
3. Persona 3 remake - I've never played P3 and with the graphics being updated to look like P5R I'm really interested.

YukiOnna

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is my most anticipated JRPG.

I think Dragon Quest 12 might be released in 2024 but no official dates have been set yet.
I was thinking KH4 would release before DQ12 since it was announced as a logo, but not sure anymore either. TGS or TGA hopefully has something.

Okay, I'll add to the poll both Dragon's Dogma 2 and DQ 12 because I hate to be a party pooper lol.
You could technically add Rise of the Ronin, too... that's supposed to be 2024.

YukiOnna

Rise of Ronin is not an RPG.

Anyway looking to all those. Specially DQ12. It will be about damn time we see news about it, hopefully TGS next month.
From TN themselves:
Rise of the Ronin is a combat focused open-world action RPG

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
1. Dragon’s Dogma 2
2. FF7 Rebirth

Will wait and see if Granblue and Like a Dragon are any good. I’m mildly interested but don’t have any expectations for them.

Not interested in the rest.

Isa

Very tough choice for me, at least in deciding on a personal most anticipated. On one hand Yakuza 7 blew me away and I have been eagerly awaiting the next chapter. I also am super pumped for Metaphor as well. I also can't forget the horribly long wait for Dragon's Dogma 2. I'm looking forward to all on your list though, it will be another great year for Jrpgs indeed.

This year also has plenty I've been playing and going to play, like Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles(really excited to play these in english for the first time!), Nayuta, Crymachina, Disgaea 7, Lost Eidolons just came out on console, DQ Infinity Strash, SWO Last Recollection, P5T, Star Ocean 2 HD, Eternights. Plenty too that I've had to add to the backlog and prioritize lol. Plus replays of classics I've been doing this year. The only one I'm not super sold on is FF7 Rebirth. The story in the first was so incoherent that my girlfriend had no idea to this day what was happening and is quite put off to say the least. So it kind of soured me on the next entry. I do really want to see the next proper DQ game, and find out how much it changes if anything.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Im surprised, I thought you HATED FFVIIRemake.
I thought the story/writing were really dumb and I didn’t like how they padded it to justify making the entire game cover the first 5 hours of the original. I’m still really curious about the second one. Could end up being some dumb fun now that they’ve given up even pretending to tell the same story, and we have more freedom of exploration and more party members to play around with.

Kinda hoping it’ll end up in “so bad, it’s good” territory like Stranger of Paradise.

Fbh

1: Dragons Dogma 2.
The first one wasn't flawless but did a lot of things right and is still one of the most memorable games from the Ps3 generation. If they can build upon what made the original good while ironing out some of the issues this should be absolutely fantastic

2: FF7 Rebirth.
While I still have my doubts about the story, I really enjoyed the combat and production values of the first, and those should be the same or better in this one. Also the trailers have shown bigger environments which already improves on one of my biggest issues of the first one.

3. Metaphor: ReFantazio
Atlus has always been a bit hit and miss for me. As much as I like SMT, stuff like Persona has never really clicked with me. But at least the setting and art style look really nice so far. I just hope it's not a slow, bloated slog like Persona 5

4. Granblue Fantasy:
The environments and combat look amazing. I just worry the story and characters will be "anime" beyond my tolerance threshold

Yakuza looks great but I still need to play 7, have been lagging behind a bit with that franchise.

EDIT:
Also the list missing Eiyuden Chronicle
911a47cb200369818e42c531f93d726f_original.gif

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I thought the story/writing were really dumb and I didn’t like how they padded it to justify making the entire game cover the first 5 hours of the original. I’m still really curious about the second one. Could end up being some dumb fun now that they’ve given up even pretending to tell the same story, and we have more freedom of exploration and more party members to play around with.

Kinda hoping it’ll end up in “so bad, it’s good” territory like Stranger of Paradise.
I'm getting feeling you are going to hate FFVII Rebirth as well.

Hudo

If I had to make a "ranking of interest", it would be like this:

Dragon's Dogma II > Dragon Quest XII > Metaphor > Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth > Persona 3 Reload

Edit: FF7 Rebirth for PC is probably a 2025 game, which is why I omit it.

Last edited:

X-Wing

I'm not sure I'd consider Like A Dragon a JRPG. But whatever.
Looking forward for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

digdug2

Dragon's Dogma 2 and Elden Ring's DLC (I'm assuming this will be a 2024 release since we haven't heard shit about it outside of a handful of images back in Feb).

Hudo

It's my bad actually, I read and I thought it was about Yakuza: The man who erased his name. :ROFLMAO:
Like a Dragon is absolutely a JRPG. And a pretty good one.
Still more excited for FF7R.
Ah, yeah, Sega is a bit weird with their naming, I guess. The Man who erased his name is like the old "brawler" Yakuza games, you're right. Can understand your excitement for Rebirth, tho!

iorek21

2024 is the year of the JRPG, lots of promising releases.

I'll go with Metaphor as my most anticipated, but Rebirth, P3 Remake and Rise of the Ronin are very close.

Though I guess Rebirth will take the most attention since the production values will be huge and probably bigger than FF16 and everything after this year's Spider-man 2.

Top Bottom