• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your most anticipated JRPG of 2024?

Which JRPG are you most excited for in 2024?

• Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Votes: 39 15.5%
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • Persona 3 Reload

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Votes: 36 14.3%
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Votes: 110 43.7%
  • Dragon Quest XII

Votes: 36 14.3%
  • Dragon's Dogma 2

Votes: 48 19.0%
  • Rise of the Rōnin

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Eiyuden Chronicle

Votes: 11 4.4%
  • Ys X: Nordics

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 4

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Other (comment your choice in the thread)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Unicorn Overlord

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Visions of Mana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Decapolice

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak

• Total voters

Isa

Trust me, I get it lol. It's taken me decades to figure this out.
While I do agree with you a great deal on the point, for some things I support day 1 even if I get to them later. Getting so many Japanese games that would normally never get localized, often day and date roughly is a dream come true. My only issue in regards to time are my priorities lol.
mr bean no shame GIF
dave chappelle prince GIF

Season 5 Ron GIF by Parks and Recreation

Its going to be an amazing year for games again, depending on one's tastes. Hell even this year has been super exciting and fun to behold and partake in. A neat little title, Little Goody Two Shoes is out tomorrow I believe. It looks absolutely gorgeous!!!! RPG Maker style VN horror switched over to Unity.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
While I do agree with you a great deal on the point, for some things I support day 1 even if I get to them later. Getting so many Japanese games that would normally never get localized, often day and date roughly is a dream come true. My only issue in regards to time are my priorities lol.
mr bean no shame GIF

Its going to be an amazing year for games again, depending on one's tastes. Hell even this year has been super exciting and fun to behold and partake in. A neat little title, Little Goody Two Shoes is out tomorrow I believe. It looks absolutely gorgeous!!!! RPG Maker style VN horror switched over to Unity.

Yep, truth be told I'm the same way. I purchase so many games I'm embarrassed to even list them all. I can't start Robocop until like December but still got it day 1 for that reason. You bring Peter Weller, you're getting my money.

• Love
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Yep, truth be told I'm the same way. I purchase so many games I'm embarrassed to even list them all. I can't start Robocop until like December but still got it day 1 for that reason. You bring Peter Weller, you're getting my money.
Ah nice, me too! Makes it that much more authentic lol. Got it dl'd and ready to go. From what little I've seen it looks really good.

mr bean no shame GIF

Oh! I didn't know reviews have started dropping on this one. I'll be making a review thread in a short bit.

Thankfully I have limited taste, there were lot of games came out that considered "big" but I just wasn't in to like Spider Man 2.

But this fucking Feb every JRPG devs decided to release their games this month.
Haha, you're lucky in that case. I play almost everything (other than sport, some sim games and certain GaaS titles) so it can be difficult for me on what titles to pick day 1. That said, I usually do preorder niche games (VNs and indies) that release physically on Switch, PS5 or PS4 that I know I'll eventually get to just to support the devs (and I guess to grow my collection as well). And ofc the games I'm hyped about are day one too. :D

Made a review thread here for Little Goody Two Shoes:

Last edited:

AmuroChan

1. The Legend of Heroes: Trails through Daybreak
2. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
3. Persona 3 Reload
4. FFVII Rebirth
5. Dragon Quest XII

Dazraell

Definitely Rebirth. I'm so hyped for this game, looking forward to play Persona 3 Reload as well

I'm also curious about Infinite Wealth, although I haven't yet played any Yakuza games so that one is sorts of on a backburner

Top Bottom