• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

- Trailer for WGN America’s ‘Manhattan’
John Benjamin Hickey, Daniel Stern, Olivia Williams, Ashley Zukerman and Rachel Brosnahan star in WGN America‘s 13-episode scripted series Manhattan, slated to premiere in July. Set during the clandestine mission to build the world’s first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, NM, Manhattan follows the brilliant but flawed scientists and their families. Here’s a sneak-peek at the teaser trailer that will air during Salem‘s season premiere on Sunday. Manhattan is from writer Sam Shaw and director Thomas Schlamme, Skydance TV, Tribune Studios and Lionsgate TV.
Weird trailer.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What the hell is WGN America? *looks* It's an unaffiliated Chicago station? And they're producing original programming? What's the carriage situation for a station like that?

TheOddOne

What the hell is WGN America? *looks* It's an unaffiliated Chicago station? And they're producing original programming? What's the carriage situation for a station like that?
This was tucked under their "About Us" section:
WGN America, the national flagship of Tribune Broadcasting Co. available in more than 75 million homes, is your brand new home for noisy, elevated and premium original content that will transport viewers to a world they’ve never been…present, past & future, with the highest stakes and deepest emotional connection for the viewer.

Available through all major MSOs as well as national satellite coverage with DirecTV and DISH, and telco-providers Verizon and AT&T, WGN America’s programming approach offers advertisers and viewers a broad demographic appeal by day part, program-specific as well as by genre.

Network Information
Subscribers: 75 million homes
Source: Nielsen Media Research, October, 2013
Service type: Basic
Satellite Feed: Single, Super-Station
Launch Date: November 1978
Ownership: Tribune Broadcasting Company

ivysaur12

Banned

They operate like a Chicago-centric in affiliates broadcast network that reaches a fairly significant amount of homes. Not as many as USA/FX/TBS etc. They're great for Cubs games.

At this point, they're a defacto cable net. They picked up POI in syndication for a very healthy amount per ep.

Whooter

They operate like a Chicago-centric in affiliates broadcast network that reaches a fairly significant amount of homes. Not as many as USA/FX/TBS etc. They're great for Cubs games.

At this point, they're a defacto cable net. They picked up POI in syndication for a very healthy amount per ep.

Yep, back in the "old days" of cable TV, WGN, WTBS, and WWOR were primarily places to watch Cubs, Braves, and Mets games, respectively. WTBS is, of course, just TBS now. Dunno if WOR is still around, or not...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Trailer for We tv's The Divide (originally in development at AMC) - Link

Seems like "The Peter Sarsgaard Storyline from Season 3 of The Killing: The Show". Could be good though, and I applaud We tv for doing something like this as their first series instead of, like, a drama version of The Real Housewives or Bridezillas or something.

Awww yiiiiiiis.

Black Sails vs Crossbones.

That doesn't look half bad.

Looks cool, looking forward to more pirates on my TV.

That looks good. But there are two plot points in this trailer straight from Black Sails.

Holy shit that looks good.

Maybe NBC is learning something. First Spader makes the whole spy world thing look like his playing field, and now they've got Malkovich taking on pirates.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Personally, I found Salem a bit overbearing. A little hard-boiled, with the creepiness mostly coming from really over the top in-your-face creepiness rather than sort of dynamic tension and release.

- Deadline: Premiere Dates Set For Netflix’s ‘The Killing’, A&E’s ‘Longmire’
Netflix has set August 1 for the premiere of the six-episode final installment of The Killing, and A&E has slotted Monday, June 2 (10 PM) for the third season premiere of Longmire. The Killing stars Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman will return for the final chapter of the series which was cancelled by AMC last year, then resurrected with a third-season order. It staged yet another comeback after being canceled by the network again in September. It was then picked up by Netflix for the final installment. Longmire, A&E’s No. 1 original drama series of all time in total viewers, will return for Season 3 with star Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire, along with Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Cassidy Freeman and Adam Bartley.

Shadow780

I watched first episode of Bad Teacher, yeah it's baaaaad.

Ryan Hansen is in it as Dick, and there's a girl who's looks like Mean Girls Lindsay Lohan but in middle school.

styl3s

I watched first episode of Bad Teacher, yeah it's baaaaad.

Ryan Hansen is in it as Dick, and there's a girl who's looks like Mean Girls Lindsay Lohan but in middle school.
I bailed out after the divorce part in the very beginning, like 30-60 seconds in i knew right away it going to be complete fucking shit.

Vert boil

Urg, I'd have thought that Lucky 7 would have been the most grotty story we'd see for a few years. Bravo Bad Teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom