• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Linius
Moon Speak™
(Today, 09:37 AM)

The first couple of episodes can be seen as a drag because it mostly focuses on politics between the factions on the show. Not to say that the politics is super boring though, but it’s not the main thing some would want from a pirate show—that is adventures at sea and pirates being bloody pirates. All of that happens in the latter half of the season. They could have balanced it a little more evenly.

Linius

Damn it Odd, I actually scrolled up to take a look at that area beneath my avatar.

And I guess I'll check it out later this year eventually. When bingewatching a show it doesn't really bother me if it starts slow, I'll get trough it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Ysz2KJz.gif

Was Season 1 any good?

iUFTrgyC72nBe.gif

NOPE

- Teaser for FX's Tyrant
Tyrant tells the story of an unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation. Bassam “Barry” Al Fayeed (Adam Rayner), the younger son of the dictator of a war-torn nation, ends a self-imposed 20-year exile to return to his homeland, accompanied by his American wife and children, for his nephew’s wedding. Barry’s reluctant homecoming leads to a dramatic clash of cultures as he is thrown back into the familial and national politics of his youth.
- Full trailer for WGN America's Salem
"Salem" stars Janet Montgomery ("Human Target," "Made in Jersey") as the ruthless but vulnerable Mary Sibley, Salem's most powerful enchantress - and Alden's onetime love interest; Shane West ("Nikita," "ER") as handsome, hardened war veteran John Alden; Seth Gabel ("Fringe") as local aristocrat Cotton Mather who fans the flames of Salem's witch hunt; Ashley Madekwe ("Revenge") as Mary's mysterious, carnal accomplice; Xander Berkeley ("Nikita," "The Mentalist") as chief politician Magistrate Hale; Tamzin Merchant ("Jane Eyre") as the forthright Anne Hale, an artist with a perilous attraction to Alden; and Elise Eberle ("The Astronaut Farmer") as the mysteriously afflicted Mercy Lewis. In "Salem," witches are real, but they are not who or what they seem. The show, which centers on an epic romance wrapped around this explosive revelation, delivers a bold new vision of Salem - and an even bolder new vision of witches.

I'll watch whatever FX puts out! You?

Same for me. FX would have to put out a pretty consistant list of shit shows at this point for me to stop at least checking out everything they air.

American Horror Story is pretty much the only show they've put out recently that I haven't followed.

The preview for tyrant looked very promising during Fargo last night.

Still not sure how it's possible for Cuse to run two shows at the same time (The Strain and Bates Motel).

This looked kinda meh to me. I guess the concept sounds interesting... then again, the concept for The Americans and The Bridge were really interesting and I wasn't able to finish either's first season.

FX shows seem to be hit and miss for me. Though I'm hyped for Fargo, checking that out tonight.

This just looks ridiculously loony. I guess I can hope it's as fun as Sleepy Hollow.

It's kinda creepy, but a little silly at the same time.

So what is this show, vampire apocalypse or something?

It's kinda creepy, but a little silly at the same time.

So what is this show, vampire apocalypse or something?
Yes, something like that. Here's the logline for the first novel:
A plane lands at JFK and mysteriously ‘goes dark’, stopping in the middle of the runway for no apparent reason, all lights off, all doors sealed… Ephraim Goodweather and his team from the Center for Disease Control must work quickly to establish the cause of this strange occurrence before panic spreads. The first thing they discover is that four of the victims are actually still alive. But that’s the only good news. And when all two hundred corpses disappear from various morgues around the city on the same night, things very rapidly get worse. Soon Eph and a small band of helpers will find themselves battling to protect not only their own loved ones, but the whole city, against an ancient threat to humanity

TheOddOne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom