• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What IP do you think would work well as a video game?

Zeta Oni

My ideal GitS game would be more like a mash-up between L.A. Noire (or Ace Attorney) and oldschool Rainbow SIx. Probably wouldn't need to be open-world.

I think the life and behaviour of the general population in GitS is too important an aspect to leave out, hence the "openworld" desire.

Rainbow Six idea is great. Now that I think about it, GitS would be much better served as a tactical TP shooter rather than a stylized action one like that f2p fps game that shall remain nameless.

mcz117chief

An open world Miyamoto Usagi game would be fantastic. Travelling Japan, learning about it's culture, arts, crafts, history... just like the comic book but in video game form. Would be a hit I would bet.
usagi_yojimbo.jpg

Ghost in the Shell as a Deus Ex style game playing as the members of Section 9 and their different specialties. The Major and Batou are the heavy hitters, Togusa as detective, Ishikawa hacking, Saitou sniping and the Tachikomas for armour assault.

This but with MGSV gameplay.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
SCP as a high budget tvshow/ movie series and games would be a dream come true.

Though I don't know if i would want it to be in Xcom style

thinking xcomish base building / researching but the idea of having it be a fps or third person thing for away missions would be rad as well sending out your agents to investigate or sending in your mtf when you know the shits going to hit the fan

Mr-Joker

Banned
Either a Rurouni Kenshin game or Samurai Jack game developed by PlatinumGames.

I also think a Super Sentai JRPG game would be awesome to play, I would make it myself but I urm lack the skills to make video games.

Kalamoj

Gaunt's Ghosts

A 40k fps from a human's perspective may not sound particularly interesting, and lord knows we have enough "gritty" sci-fi shooters. But if any of you have read the books you'd understand how amazing it would be. Gameplay more like rainbow 6 than CoD, but large scale battles. Trench warfare. Old school WW1/2 like weapons. Events happen in real-time not at a scripted moment, so that bomb you would normally discover and disarm with 1 sec remaining in a qte? That bomb is going to go off in 15 mins and you don't even know it's there. Either reach it and disarm it or be far enough away and deal with the consequences. Get a mixture of scripted and emergent storylines in there. Get Abnett himself involved so you'll weep like a baby when Jenkins takes that bullet. You're going to go over-the-top or an inquisitor is going to execute you for insubordination. The large scale battles have random events. Maybe they'll send a maulerfiend barreling towards you, or drop a bio-weapon and one of the guys doesn't get his mask on in time and starts to turn, writhing into some twisted demon.

Not that I've thought about this or anything...
Wow I always Wated to play a Necropolis game. Sadly GW games are quite lackluster lately.

Loxley

The Matrix

I really feel like it has a ton of untapped potential for video games. Especially given how far third-person action games have come since that terrible Enter the Matrix and okay Path of Neo game. Imagine a game set in that universe with the melee combat of Arkham, and the third-person shooting of Max Payne 3. That just sounds cool as hell to me. As far as I'm aware though, the Wachowskis need to sign off (and be involved in some capacity) on anything Matrix-related that WB does, which would explain the lack of anything from WB Games in the Matrix universe.

A song of Ice and Fire: Could work as a 4X game, or as a RTS.
Worm: Open world action-adventure. Maybe a MMO. Adventures in Brockton Bay, fighting villains, heros, Endbringers, and manipulative assholes.

Zukkoyaki

- A John Wick game inspired by and plays like Max Payne
- The Last Samurai game inspired by Red Dead Redemption
- A Religious figure/icon/prophet fighting game

DeSolos

Final Fantasy Type 0 as a Persona style life/dating sim with a fixed calendar.

Kingdom Hearts set in one large world where you go on an adventure across the entire world like a Final Fantasy game. A "Disney World" where the continents are there own "Disney Lands" based on particular movies or areas where many similar Disney movies take place(ie. a London type area for Aristocats/Peter Pan, an African Jungle that blends into the African Serengeti for Tarzan, Jungle Book, and Lion King, European castle land for most of the Disney princesses, etc etc)

I'd love a Bladerunner game.

But really, I don't think that cool potential IP would be better than a new IP. Games should really be doubling down on brand new IP. That's my thoughts.

Malyse

Kingdom Hearts set in one large world where you go on an adventure across the entire world like a Final Fantasy game. A "Disney World" where the continents are there own "Disney Lands" based on particular movies or areas where many similar Disney movies take place(ie. a London type area for Aristocats/Peter Pan, an African Jungle that blends into the African Serengeti for Tarzan, Jungle Book, and Lion King, European castle land for most of the Disney princesses, etc etc)

Depending on if Xehanort gets his wish, this might be KH4

Akira as a semi open world game that also has levels.

Gantz can work as an action/adventure mixed in with some Persona elements for the slice of life chapters. Can also be an MMO

Walking Dead 16bit JRPG. Dead serious.

A Nightmare on Elm St 3rd person horror adventure game. The NES game had some really neat ideas on what the characters can be in their dreams.

Novocaine

Star Trek TNG would be an amazing Telltale game and I'm mad it hasn't happened yet

The main cast is still around and doing work so you could even get them to do VA

This is the only way I will get into Telltale games. It wouldn't even have to be TNG to get me on board, just a good Trek Story.

Man I could go another good Trek game, what was the last decent one, like Elite Force? Armada?

yurinka

I know there have been several games with these IPs, but I'd do:

Masters of the Universe: by Platinum (hack & slash) or by Capcom (2D fighter like SFV or 2D brawler like the fan-made one).

X-Men: think Batman AK with Infamous-like powers but with 4P co-op (other chars optionally controlled by IA) and more story driven in a Naughty Dog way.

Ghost In the Shell: AAA, imagine Deus EX with Fuchikomas and some mind-hacking stuff to manipulate enemies.

Kill Bill by Platinum.

Pulp Fiction by Double Fine.

Thundercats by Vlambeer.

Blade Runner by Kojima.

Twin Peaks by Quantic Dream.

Fox News by Peter Molyneux, published by Zynga.

JP

Now sure if it would work well but I've long wanted David Cage to make a Columbo detective game. Not sure what it was while playing Heavy Rain that made that pop in my head but it's been there ever since.

exfatal

tumblr_nrnpmoRM2p1ub06d3o1_400.gif

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Muso game

tumblr_nadcgtKOXE1s3wjuno1_400.gif

Akame ga Kill - Fighting game made by cyberconnet

Gantz- Open world game akin to GTA/Bully, as you complete missions and upgrade your gear u can start doing crazy crackdown shit,
and aliens start appearing outside missions
also dating sims aspect to it as well.. cause you know why

tumblr_n140efTCM21rtukhko1_500.png

Pokemon- Dating sims gotta date em all!

RK128

Fairy Tale:

This could work for a number of genre's
-Action Title
-Action JRPG
-Adventure/Brawler (like the One Piece World Adventure titles)
-Dynasty Warriors-Style Game
-Fighter (2D or 3D)

The amount of characters they can play with is massive, you have hundreds of episodes/manga chapters to use for story material and you have a ton of gameplay mechanics to play with (Lucy using her magic similar to how Pokemon/Digimon/Yo-Kai work, Natsu using various fire and melee attacks, ect).

Would love to see Bamco make a game with the IP at some point :).

exfatal

Fairy Tale:

This could work for a number of genre's
-Action Title
-Action JRPG
-Adventure/Brawler (like the One Piece World Adventure titles)
-Dynasty Warriors-Style Game
-Fighter (2D or 3D)

The amount of characters they can play with is massive, you have hundreds of episodes/manga chapters to use for story material and you have a ton of gameplay mechanics to play with (Lucy using her magic similar to how Pokemon/Digimon/Yo-Kai work, Natsu using various fire and melee attacks, ect).

Would love to see Bamco make a game with the IP at some point :).
im actually surprise there aren't more fairy tail games, like naruto and dbz

RK128

im actually surprise there aren't more fairy tail games, like naruto and dbz

Its really ironic as Bamco has gaming rights to One Piece; considering Fairy Tail mirrors the look of that series so much, it would be interesting to see the same studio/publisher tackle making games for the IP.

I think a Matsu-style game or a title similar to One Piece World Adventure could be a good fit for the IP.

Star Trek TNG would be an amazing Telltale game and I'm mad it hasn't happened yet

The main cast is still around and doing work so you could even get them to do VA

Cowboy bebop as uncharted in space.
Kill la Kill game developed by Platinum.

Alternatively, Arc System Works.
A Mystery Science Theater 3000 adventure game that makes fun of old video games int he Stick of Truth style could be amazing

Stop telling me things I never knew I wanted and would never get them ;_;

Never forget.
Cowboy_Bebop.png
Same could be said for this:
Sword_of_the_Berserk_Guts'_Rage.jpeg

It was meh from what I remember. Dark Souls style this would rock.

Big Trouble in Little China
by Flying Wild Hog (c'mon Shadow Warrior is basic this movie)

Escape from New York
by Kojima

The Fifth Element
by Creative Assembly

Django Unchained
by Rockstar San Diego

Elite Squad
by Bohemia

Children of Men
by Naughty Dog

Mononoke Hime
by Nintendo EAD

Shutter Island
by Red Barrels

Nodnol

A Discworld game. I can't settle on the genre; it would lend nicely to a few sub categories. RPG, MMORPG, hell maybe even something linear to make the most of the established characters (maybe a slightly more linear RPG in the Fable sort of way). At the same time, the universe in general would be fun to play in, so something far broader would work too.

exfatal

Its really ironic as Bamco has gaming rights to One Piece; considering Fairy Tail mirrors the look of that series so much, it would be interesting to see the same studio/publisher tackle making games for the IP.

I think a Matsu-style game or a title similar to One Piece World Adventure could be a good fit for the IP.

I'd love to see them do another fighting game like naruto. Just to see the over the top specials, and Erza armor change.
and 5 different Natsu you can select

Heyt

Banned
claymore_manga_tomo_23.png

This would make a pretty good co-op hunting game: creative and customizable powers, focusing on attack or limb reattachment, managing the youki to power your attacks while trying to not become a monster (or doing it so on purpose but having to kill the other Claymores you're playing with). Yeah, that would be cool. Too bad it wasn't a very popular series.

gelf

A Discworld game. I can't settle on the genre; it would lend nicely to a few sub categories. RPG, MMORPG, hell maybe even something linear to make the most of the established characters (maybe a slightly more linear RPG in the Fable sort of way). At the same time, the universe in general would be fun to play in, so something far broader would work too.

I would love more games set in Discworld. And not just more point and click adventures, though those would be welcome too. I like the idea of a Discworld RPG.

Top Bottom