• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What IP do you think would work well as a video game?

Malyse

Also what genre of game would suit the IP in question.

Alternatively, what game IP would you like to see in another genre? For example, Kingdom Hearts as a non leveling Character Action game a la Devil May Cry, or League of Legends as a JRPG in the vein of Suikoden.

----

For the first: Book of Swords. That would make an amazing RPG.

I would like a survival horror Metroid. If you made the enemies immune to power beam shots, I think it could work. Basically, imagine Dead Space sans all the over the top violence meets Metroid Prime, save in third person. Also, I want the whole game to be in space. I think it would be fun to have Samus in a derelict space station for the entirety of the game. Plus, finding armor upgrades and more powerful weapons would make a hell of a lot more sense.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Final Fantasy Tactics style SRPG adaptation of either Aegon's conquering of Westeros or Robert's Rebellion from Game of Thrones.

Survival horror Metroid sounds great.

A non-horror Resident Evil action spinoff starring Leon as the president's bodyguard or a stealth style game with Ada Wong doing spy things.

BiggNife

Star Trek TNG would be an amazing Telltale game and I'm mad it hasn't happened yet

The main cast is still around and doing work so you could even get them to do VA

I think mass effect could be a great Xcom like strategy game.
Edit A Green lantern game could be good if it's close to Scribblenauts or Infamous.

TVGamer

Neo Member
Marvel Cinematic Universe characters. Imagine shit like a Captain America game made by the people who made the Batman games, or Platinum making a Black Widow game

Durante

My standard answer to this is a Mistborn ARPG.

But then I consider it more carefully and I can't think of any development studio which could do it justice.

Maybe an Obsidian/Platinum joint venture.

Jurassic Park, Alien Isolation style.

That thread convinced me.

Seconding that one.

I always thought the movie Equilibrium should have been a video game. Maybe have Gun Kata puzzles or some kind of elaborate move set for shooting, something to break up the tradition of mouselook, etc.

georly

One punch man musou

3280042-6192671870-29533.jpg

A Final Fantasy that plays like Kingdom Hearts would be pretty great.

So FFXV?

A Final Fantasy that plays like Kingdom Hearts would be pretty great.

Beyond genre changes like that it seems like most IPs I really love get at least a token game. That said, I really wish Dungeons and Dragons would get a video game that really delivered on the potential the franchise has.

Perdido Street Station and the whole Bas-Lag "trilogy" by China Mieville. You could make so many incredible RPGs in that world. Love those three books, especially Perdido. It would be a refreshing departure from high fantasy.

RowdyReverb

Star Trek TNG would be an amazing Telltale game and I'm mad it hasn't happened yet

The main cast is still around and doing work so you could even get them to do VA
This is a terrific idea. Telltale's format would work perfectly for the show.

DrArchon

I'm still waiting for a really good Godzilla game, but almost all of them end up being dogshit. How do you keep screwing up games about 60 story tall atomic dinosaurs (trick question, the answer is a lack of time and budget).

Also, if Konami wasn't heading towards infinite pachinko purgatory, I'd love to see a Castlevania game in the style of Dark Souls. Much more appealing to me than one in the style of God of War.

Sushi Nao

Dhalgren by Samuel R. Delaney.

It's a surreal novel about a city lost in time. Its streets shift and fade in and out, and rival gangs settle bloody disputes with melee weapons. It's debauched, frank, and full of mind-fucks.

- scavenge survival materials from stores

- randomly generated areas, changing when you're not looking

- gang rumbles in the park

- forging allegiances with the semi-sane holed up in apartment buildings

- find and win Orchids, the savage fist-strapped weapon of the streets

I think adventure/rpg/action would be the best fit

Zeta Oni

Hmmm...

I think Ghost in the Shell has potential for an "open-world" style game that's like a hybrid between L.A. Noire and Watchdogs. Investigate cyber crimes and hack into other peoples minds, I think it could be great.

Berserk is long overdue for another game (and chapter) as well, it really has a ton of potential for a unique character action game.

woodland

Malazan Book of the Fallen done by Telltale maybe? It would need a pretty sizeable amount of games I think - like 4+

Jurassic park but not like Alien Isolation, more like Far Cry 3 with less Ubisoft. Have to adapt to survive and find a way off the island.

I would make Playstation All stars a Kart racer.

I always thought that an ambitious Tarzan (Disney or not) game would be really cool: an island with a jungle, mountains, sea, full of animals and dangerous humans, a character that can surf on trees... Only in my dreams sadly.

Also, The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck HAS to be adapted one day, it's basically Unchartedisney, with the OST by Tuomas Holopainen of course, he did a great work with his album about the duck, I mean, listen to this, this or that.

Boss Mog

Burn Notice.

An open world game in Miami like GTA. I mean that show is pretty much made like a videogame with its main missions and side missions in every episode. it's got a great main cast (you can't go wrong with Bruce Campbell) and plenty of colorful side characters as well.

Mihos

Gold Member
A Mystery Science Theater 3000 adventure game that makes fun of old video games int he Stick of Truth style could be amazing

Top Bottom