• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What IP do you think would work well as a video game?

Ghost in the Shell as a Deus Ex style game playing as the members of Section 9 and their different specialties. The Major and Batou are the heavy hitters, Togusa as detective, Ishikawa hacking, Saitou sniping and the Tachikomas for armour assault.

FluxWaveZ

Cowboy bebop as uncharted in space.

Hell, Cowboy Bebop as Mass Effect 2 without the lasers.

I'll always answer with Battle Royale.
Battle_Royale-p3.jpg
And since I mainly want it to be story driven, it would follow the structure of a Life is Strange, Telltale game or just a visual novel.

Even gameplay wise (ignoring mods), the concept is sound. Have a bunch of players in a large scale map, with different weapons and abilities, having to hunt down and kill each other. Forging alliances, betraying each other, etc. with the objective of being the only one left alive.

barit

The Walking Dead as CRPG and with focus on conquering and defending different camps/towns/hideouts against all kinds of threats.

Damn I love this show and just want more of it lol

url.53e98152430.original.jpg

The Fugitive - Third person action-adventurer mix of LA Noires' sleuthing and assassins creeds crowd based cover using hitmans awareness meter where in you have to remain anonymous in plain sight after escaping a prison transport and find evidence to clear your name and prosecute the real murderer of your wife. all the while narrowly avoiding the pursuing authorities.

I know there have been games based on Harry Potter but I would love to see Harry Potter expanded in video games... like an open world RPG or something along those lines

Terminator game that was an open rpg like Fallout.

Tintin game that was like uncharted and tomb raider.

American Horror Story telltale game

PantsuJo

Platinum that makes a Kill la Kill game: blood, furious action, blades, charismatic girls and fucking evil bitches, half naked warriors, overpowered clothes and fucking awesome boss fights.

Gimme this, Platinum.
Gimme this.

Gaunt's Ghosts

A 40k fps from a human's perspective may not sound particularly interesting, and lord knows we have enough "gritty" sci-fi shooters. But if any of you have read the books you'd understand how amazing it would be. Gameplay more like rainbow 6 than CoD, but large scale battles. Trench warfare. Old school WW1/2 like weapons. Events happen in real-time not at a scripted moment, so that bomb you would normally discover and disarm with 1 sec remaining in a qte? That bomb is going to go off in 15 mins and you don't even know it's there. Either reach it and disarm it or be far enough away and deal with the consequences. Get a mixture of scripted and emergent storylines in there. Get Abnett himself involved so you'll weep like a baby when Jenkins takes that bullet. You're going to go over-the-top or an inquisitor is going to execute you for insubordination. The large scale battles have random events. Maybe they'll send a maulerfiend barreling towards you, or drop a bio-weapon and one of the guys doesn't get his mask on in time and starts to turn, writhing into some twisted demon.

Not that I've thought about this or anything...

Hell, Cowboy Bebop as Mass Effect 2 without the lasers.

And since I mainly want it to be story driven, it would follow the structure of a Life is Strange, Telltale game or just a visual novel.

Even gameplay wise (ignoring mods), the concept is sound. Have a bunch of players in a large scale map, with different weapons and abilities, having to hunt down and kill each other. Forging alliances, betraying each other, etc. with the objective of being the only one left alive.

Well Lionsgate has made a deal with Telltale and Lionsgate owns The Hunger Games and the Hunger games is clearly inspired by Battle Royale.

So in conclusion probably nothing will happen.

SJRB

Gold Member
Inception

I still believe there's a genius concept for a videogame buried deep in there. A world within a world, you switch between layers, actions you take have repercussions on the lower layers.

Third person action/adventure. Good combat, smart writing and conversation options.

Lernaean

Banned
Gaunt's Ghosts

A 40k fps from a human's perspective may not sound particularly interesting, and lord knows we have enough "gritty" sci-fi shooters. But if any of you have read the books you'd understand how amazing it would be. Gameplay more like rainbow 6 than CoD, but large scale battles. Trench warfare. Old school WW1/2 like weapons. Events happen in real-time not at a scripted moment, so that bomb you would normally discover and disarm with 1 sec remaining in a qte? That bomb is going to go off in 15 mins and you don't even know it's there. Either reach it and disarm it or be far enough away and deal with the consequences. Get a mixture of scripted and emergent storylines in there. Get Abnett himself involved so you'll weep like a baby when Jenkins takes that bullet. You're going to go over-the-top or an inquisitor is going to execute you for insubordination. The large scale battles have random events. Maybe they'll send a maulerfiend barreling towards you, or drop a bio-weapon and one of the guys doesn't get his mask on in time and starts to turn, writhing into some twisted demon.

Not that I've thought about this or anything...

Ok, but it's got to have PVP, cause i wanna be Blood Pact.

myman.jpg

Don't forget zones and its associated pathfinding though, I'd love it if you were just given a map with landmarks at the start of the game and a compass, and made to evade the forbidden zones of your own accord. That could make it a bit too slow-paced though...

Gfgrrr I just need a Battle Royale game.

edit:

Point and Click Ulysses Moore
First person parkour Maze Runner

Lost in Space could be a pretty epic space drama game if done right

Inception could be interesting. Maybe even a multiplayer game where you and friends have to plant the idea into someone on multiple dream levels and the actions taking place in one dudes game is affecting the other members deeper in the dream ala the movie

Horohoro

4 player coop patroling the city with foot soldiers as real world oppoents. Finding pizza, beating up baddies, find stuff for the hideout, leading up to bigger boss battles like those found in destiny I think it could work very solidly as new type of beatemup...

RedSwirl

Hmmm...

I think Ghost in the Shell has potential for an "open-world" style game that's like a hybrid between L.A. Noire and Watchdogs. Investigate cyber crimes and hack into other peoples minds, I think it could be great.

My ideal GitS game would be more like a mash-up between L.A. Noire (or Ace Attorney) and oldschool Rainbow SIx. Probably wouldn't need to be open-world.

Terminator game that was an open rpg like Fallout.

You mean like a new one? Because Bethesda already made three Terminator games. The first one, in 1990, kinda looks like an early Fallout 3 prototype judging by the gameplay footage.

An RPG set in the His Dark Materials universe. Not necessarily following the plot of the books but taking on a number of scenarios that could happen in it.

I'm still waiting for a really good Godzilla game, but almost all of them end up being dogshit. How do you keep screwing up games about 60 story tall atomic dinosaurs (trick question, the answer is a lack of time and budget).

The early Pipeworks Software titles are the closest thing you'll get, specifically Godzilla: Save the Earth.

Also, if Konami wasn't heading towards infinite pachinko purgatory, I'd love to see a Castlevania game in the style of Dark Souls. Much more appealing to me than one in the style of God of War.

Bloodborne.

Final Fantasy Tactics style SRPG adaptation of either Aegon's conquering of Westeros or Robert's Rebellion from Game of Thrones.

Survival horror Metroid sounds great.

A non-horror Resident Evil action spinoff starring Leon as the president's bodyguard or a stealth style game with Ada Wong doing spy things.

Please never make a game.

hymanator

I wanted to see a Happy Gilmore golf game, that was a long time ago before Adam Sandler's movies took a turn for the worse.

Top Bottom