• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What house you going to choose in Harry Potter Legacy?

Where will the sorting hat put you?

• Gryffindor - courage, daring

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • Hufflepuff - justice, loyalty

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • Ravenclaw - wisdom, creativity

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Slytherin - ambitious, cunning

Votes: 74 38.1%

• Total voters
Is there a TERF HOUSE option?
tenor.gif

Isn’t the correct answer to this poll - no one because I’m boycotting the game because JK Rowling is a TERF, fuck JK Rowling?
Now just to warn you, I am going to end this on a silly, slightly insulting and obvious joke, but please don't let that make you miss the point.

Maybe take a step back and think about the person you're accusing of being a hateful bigot.

Because it's JK Rowling.

You know, the woman who is considered so woke because of her inclusivity, supposed retconing to make all her characters gay or black or what have you, that she's practically a meme.

Someone who is notoriously super left wing, gave most of her massive fortune away to charities, creates books that teach the values of love, kindness, friendship and tolerance to children, that have inspired and given hope to people all over the world.

That's the woman you're ignoring the opinions of, not because you're countering them with fact and logic, as she has done in presenting them, but because she's a 'TERF', a slur that makes her less than you, and thus you dismiss her out of hand.

Do you think, bearing all that in mind, that you might, just might, not actually have the moral high ground here?

Could it actually be, infact...

VN2Q7CM.gif

Last edited:

Imotekh

Slytherin

I for one have not forgotten The Great Rigging when the House Cup we earned through humble diligence and commitment was stolen from us because attention seeking brats got rewarded for breaking the rules multiple times including jinxing one of their friends and burning a man to death.

SaucyJack

Now just to warn you, I am going to end this on a silly, slightly insulting and obvious joke, but please don't let that make you miss the point.

Maybe take a step back and think about the person you're accusing of being a hateful bigot.

Because it's JK Rowling.

You know, the woman who is considered so woke because of her inclusivity, supposed retconing to make all her characters gay or black or what have you, that she's practically a meme.

Someone who is notoriously super left wing, gave most of her massive fortune away to charities, creates books that teach the values of love, kindness, friendship and tolerance to children, that have inspired and given hope to people all over the world.

That's the woman you're ignoring the opinions of, not because you're countering them with fact and logic, as she has done in presenting them, but because she's a 'TERF', a slur that makes her less than you, and thus you dismiss her out of hand.

Do you think, bearing all that in mind, that you might, just might, not actually have the moral high ground here?

Could it actually be, infact...

VN2Q7CM.gif

uCBf02G.jpg

Thank you for taking my post seriously, but I was mocking reeee

JKR's comments were perfectly reasonable, only a zealot would find them transphobic.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

I'll play all, because I'm sure the stupid trophies will encourage it, and I'm going to try to platinum everything I buy. But first playthrough? Slytherin. I always go dark side first.

I'm one of those people who think Gryffindor are the good guys and Slytherin are the bad guys even though Hogwarts isn't that black and white.

I think my first playthrough will be Gryffindor but Slytherin my second.

CrysisFreak

Banned
Put me on the ignore list if you're a Ravenclaw cuck.
Us Slytherin Chads do not care about you. At all.
Can't wait to relentlessly bully Gryffindor maggots into utter submission.

iorek21

I hope WB is not lazy and each house has its own characters/stories/sidequests/perks.

It would be pretty lame if every friend you make is the same regardless of house choice.

Also, let's bet who'll be the Snape/Kamoshida/Morooka of this game

I'm betting it'll be either the Transfiguration or the Defense Against Dark Arts teacher

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Slytherin for sure. This is pre-Voldemort era, so they don't have the stench of his Nazi-like takeover.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Isn’t the correct answer to this poll - no one because I’m boycotting the game because JK Rowling is a TERF, fuck JK Rowling?

I'd love if that nonsense didn't get brought up in every Harry Potter thread on this forum. The rest of the Internet exists to bitch and whine about that and you've got 4chan and Kiwifarms if you're more interested in the metagame of laughing at the maniacs.

Ravenclaw or Slytherin seems like the most interesting ones for me, as Gryffindor has been so much covered in the books and Hufflepuff always seemed a bit boring and lame (though they also have the potential to be really interesting). Probably gonna be Ravenclaw my first playthrough.

PresetError

Neophyte
Slytherin, of course. And if I can I will dedicate 75% of my playtime to bully other students.

I expected to see most people assume they'd be in Ravenclaw and I'm not disappointed.

Hilarious to me that the usual crowd of people who suck game developers' dicks like they can do no harm are now refusing to pay for their hard-earned efforts because of the original creator's views, who had nothing to do with this game.

kzISJLM.png

Fuck this pretentious douchebag.

I had to stop watching Easy Allies because of this guy. He's always been unbearable but lateley he's out of control with the political nonsense.

HeadsUp7Up

Did the wizarding world quiz and got put in Ravenclaw. Looks like that’s what I’ll be choosing if the game lets us. I really like the idea of the doing a quiz in game and letting the sorting hat put you where you should go on your first play through.

Last edited:
Hufflepuff no doubt. The games gonna obviously have your player character be some grand hero, it would be way cooler to be the do that while repping the clan that nobody expects to have a hero. Like winning a championship for the shittiest team in the league

buizel

Banned
Slytherin if I'm allowed to not be as cartoonishly evil as they are in the books/movies

In order of the phoenix on wii you could use spells freely around open world Hogwarts. I used to levitate tables and crush Ron with them

This game looks super sick. PS4 when?

Toss up between Ravenclaw and Hufflepufff

Top Bottom