• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. Wants To Shift Away From "Volatile" AAA Console Games, Lean Into Free-To-Play And Mobile

Dazraell

Warner Bros execs be like
Reading Office Monkey GIF

Ozzie666

Already talk of the next Hogwarts being a GAAS live service experience.
They have learned absolutely nothing. Shareholders should be scratching their heads.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

WB leadership are incompetent.

They released a game last year thst sold a metric fuck ton and made a ton of money.

WB: we wanna get away from that.

A serious company would fire these assclowns.

They're probably attributing "volatility" to crap like Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad, Multiversus, etc. Even if not, and they actually think that garbage is helping [and don't see it's actually more harmful], then they're still extremely incompetent.

I guess bad apples do spoil the rest.

But this is par for the course, and they've been doing stupid crap as far back with F.E.A.R. 2 and F.3.A.R. (and probably even further back than that).

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Hogwarts was the highest selling game of last year and this is what they concluded from it. I do not like the direction the industry is going.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Hogwarts was the highest selling game of last year and this is what they concluded from it. I do not like the direction the industry is going.
Suicide Squad was probably far too expensive after so long in development and even the success of Hogwarts wasn't enough to make up for it. And Mortal Kombat also sold relatively poorly compared to its predecessors.

Top Bottom