• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just finished A Plague Tale Requiem. A bit too drawn out, and some of the open-ended encounters against a hundred enemies were more frustrating than fun. Once you're discovered you have very few effective tools to handle the situation with, and the game puts you in situations where you probably will be discovered a lot more than the original. More than once my solution was to just run to the next safe area, which did not feel satisfying.

Overall I still liked it though (the rat puzzles were generally still fun), but the original felt more balanced.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Online wise is mostly Helldivers 2.

For single player, I've gotten back into Ace Combat 7, which I haven't played since around launch.

bender

What time is it?
Giving Gravity Rush another chance (probably the 5th or 6th).

dog-floating.gif

Just finished all the achievements the new Prince of Persia and Cotton 100% and now I'm working on Bloodstained.

Bloodstained is so good.

Decided to try out Resident Evil 5. Got 5 and 6 at a game store for 4 each so thought why not.

I think I played the demo of five a long time ago and just it didn't really catch my interest. I'm at chapter 3 right now and I'm enjoying it well enough so far.

Finally playing The Talos Principle. I don't know why I always put it off, everyone always raved about it. Best puzzle game I've ever played. Very clever. Almost done with area C. Maybe getting a little repetitive I will say that.

Will definitely get TP 2 sight unseen.

Deerock71

Switch is on fire. Bouncing between:
.hack//G.U. Last Recode
Tomb Raider I•II•III Remastered
Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom PRINCE'S EDITION
Mato Anomalies

Evil West. Way more fun than I had expected. The gameplay and setting are both awesome. Probably my favorite game I've played this year just because it's actually fun unlike so many games these days. It was free on PS+ not too long ago so if you got it give it a try. Looks like it's hard to find a physical PS5 copy.

Of course a game like this would only score a 7.3 on Metacritic but it reminds me of shitty games that are actually really good like Saints Row 3/Crackdown/Earth Defense Force (except it's not open world like those).

Last edited:
Been on a Japanese games craze lately .. persona 3 reload/p4/p5- I've reached the conclusion that they're all great but also all very very similar games. Just got Bomb Rush Cyberfunk in the main after having to order it again through Amazon because the first time it got "lost". Initially got delayed then I'm waiting for a week with no updates from them. My first really bad experience with Amazon.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Spending way to much time on everything in Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth on PS5. Took a break yesterday because I was scared of getting burned out while still only 30% into the game. There's so much to do and I love it tho.

OIP.ym2N8wr4nZBCjheitnwyQwAAAA

Meanwhile when working at home I have finally been playing the legendary visual novel YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World on the upstairs PS4. Still doing the first route without worrying to much about endings. Started a bit slow but it is becoming more and more interesting.

YU-NO-A-Girl-Who-Chants-Love-at-the-Bound-of-this-World_2016_12-22-16_001-e1521997851433.jpg

Finished FF7R Intermission this weekend. Pretty good, gameplay was great but the story and final boss are absolute nonsense. Now I'll have to play the Rebirth demo as final preparations. And take a nice couple week break of large RPG type games.

'Beat' Granblue Fantasy Relink this past weekend, a super fun monster hunter style action JRPG, and now I've picked up Helldivers 2 to keep me busy until FFVII Rebirth releases next week.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Heading towards Heisenberg in RE Village and reached Level 30 now in Maneater.

Enjoying both games. Village is rad in 3rd person mode and my prefered version now for sure. Maneater is getting a bit dull now but still kinda fun.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Replaying FFVII on Switch and just left Midgar. Listening to VII’s OST to boost the mood for Rebirth. I’m really enjoying Tekken 8 with my Hori fight stick. I also got PAC-MAN World Re-PAC, but I doubt I’ll get that far before Rebirth comes out.

Just finished uncharted 3. Unpopular opinion i like it better then 2. Wasn't the ps3 version in 3d back then? Now going to start Scarlet Nexus.
What threw me off about Uncharted 3 was the young Nathan parts and the mirage sequence. Weird because that’s all I remember from playing the game when it launched.

Last edited:
Fully finished Double Dragon Gaiden, got the platinum, bought all upgrades and collectibles.

One of the best beat-em-ups I've ever played. Wish the music was a little better, and the game was a little longer, but other than that it's fantastic.

Last edited:

Cryio

Enjoying AMD FSR3 Frame Gen

1. So play Dead Space Remake with it. Doing NG+ now.
2. Still working through Suicide Squad's campaign
3. Did a replay of Arkham City

engstra

Just finished uncharted 3. Unpopular opinion i like it better then 2. Wasn't the ps3 version in 3d back then? Now going to start Scarlet Nexus.
My personal favorite. Desert levels, sand especially, were just so gorgeous and I liked that it was way more grounded and didn't fall into the trope of some supernatural monsters like the first two games

ebevan91

I'm playing nothing at the moment. Every time I'm looking forward to a new game (in this case FFVII: Rebirth) I can't bring myself to play anything because I don't want to get invested in something that I'm just going to put down next week.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’m torn on what to restart. I started both games on the PS4, but never finished either.

My goal is to beat one before FF7 Afterbirth comes out.

Death Stranding Directors Cut or TLoU Part 2 Remaster

Going for 100% in game and 100% trophies in the OG GTA Vice City at the moment. Great to revisit such a classic.
I don't recollect any achievements, but I did get that one lousy T-shirt. Beating the ambulance missions was the hardest part. The most tedious was doing all the stunt jumps.

Replaying FFVII on Switch and just left Midgar. Listening to VII’s OST to boost the mood for Rebirth. I’m really enjoying Tekken 8 with my Hori fight stick. I also got PAC-MAN World Re-PAC, but I doubt I’ll get that far before Rebirth comes out.

What threw me off about Uncharted 3 was the young Nathan parts and the mirage sequence. Weird because that’s all I remember from playing the game when it launched.
Yeah that was a bit off. But I liked the set pieces more. And I dint like the bad guy in uncharted 2

lem0n

I don't recollect any achievements, but I did get that one lousy T-shirt. Beating the ambulance missions was the hardest part. The most tedious was doing all the stunt jumps.
It's silly, but I recently watched a speedrun of GTA San Andreas all stunt jumps. Amazing how quickly it goes if you have a route!

WoJ

Still working through FF15 until Rebirth comes out.

This game is weird. I'm in like Chapter 5. It feels like nothing has happened and/or is happening which makes me struggle to play it at times.

But I really do love the characters and gameplay quirks like cooking, fishing, the combat, hunts. This may be a game I just play for a long while at small bursts until I get through it.

I started playing Metroid Dread. My daughter got kind of into it so I slowed down to try playing it with her but she doesn't always want to sit down and play it.

Also, not necessarily playing but I got my Galaxy Tab S7 running a bunch of emulators up to PS2 and Wii. Super excited to dive into some handheld stuff with it.

Atrus

Gold Member
FFXVI: waiting on last dlc before platinum
BG3: multiplayer
Starfield: slogging for the last few achievements and unlocks.
Helldiver 2: Just downloaded yesterday.
Hellblade 1: Grabbing the platinum.
Death Stranding 1: Grabbing the platinum.
Star Wars Fallen Order: Grabbing the platinum.

Last edited:
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Persona 3 reload, p4 golden, p5 royal- lets be real they're all so similar but all great games
Infinite Wealth- gameplay is so much better than yakuza 7.
Forza 8/gt 7- I still prefer gt7 but forza has better racing feel on controller. The RT mode in Forza is crap on SX btw
Ultros- amazing visuals
Record of Lodoss War- decent so far
Pikmin 4- very impressive game on switch . Actual game though is too easy ...something every recent Nintendo game seems to suffer from
Mario RPG remake- too easy ..no challenge= less fun and less I'm engaged
Mario Wonder- again too easy for a Mario game. They removed the little things that used to add some challenge in prior 2d marios...challenge rooms have no time limit now, you can hold an extra power up at all times (this is a major killer of challenge as you're never in dancer of dying); all the different "badges" with nothing to balance how OP they are....Nintendo used to have games that were never super hard but they had smooth difficulty curves ..that seems gone from their design philosophy today.
Last of Us 2 Remaster
Tekken 8
Octopath Traveller 2
Tomb Raider 1-3 remasters- first game holds up after all these years ..who wouldve think it- makes me truly wish that modern devs would give up the notion that they need to automate the climbing in their games. Tank controls have been deemed "outdated" but in TR you actually feel like you're doing it yourself and that is satisfying - have any modern games had rock climbing that feels like TR? Jousant maybe?

Yes I'm really trying to play all these games at once ..I jump around between at least 10 games at all times, which is why I never finish anything

amigastar

So i've finally bought Immortal Realms Vampire Wars, always wanted to try it since it's turn-based.
But so far it's pretty meh. I thought it would be better but i've played the tutorial so far.

Finished RE5 and I pretty much loved it. Yeah there's some stupid shit - I knew when I saw zombies riding motorcycles, I said "great.. so there's nothing stopping them from holding guns" and sure enough that ended up happening. I hated the cover shooter moments which were all at the end of the game so IMO they should have cut those and redesigned those few areas.

Even the guys on cycles or anywhere they wanted to have a few enemies with guns, they could have been private Tricell army or something, anything but zombies on motorcycle with assault rifles..

But other than that just a few minor gripes really. Solid experience and enjoyed it quite a bit - it's like an RE4 encore of sorts.

So naturally I decided maybe I should try RE6. Holy shit what is this flaming garbage.. like, criticize RE5 all ya want for not being RE really, I agree generally, but 6 is a whole different universe. I've got no interest in going any further than I have, there are a few cool things about it but even then most of them feel really out of place. Seems like a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Cynical_Aries

Gold Member
I bought SpellRogue recently and I've been hooked like I was with Slay the Spire. If you enjoy this type of game, you'll want this one. But, beware, it's addictive.

Last edited:

amigastar

I just got Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void.
I'm in the mood for real time strategy so i look forward to playing the campaign which people say it's one of the best campaigns.

Top Bottom