• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on GeForce Leak

EDMIX

The gift that keeps on giving. Are some people still in denial?

Whats so odd about this, is I don't even get whats to deny? Some of the shit on that list was so random, its not like anyone here would really guess some Crono Cross remaster thing or something, even FF9 remake is a wild one, as why not lie and say FF8 as its in order from after 7?

So I don't really know why many are still in denial regarding this as too much has been revealed at this point for folks to keep pretending its not real or something.

I see this as a list of games that will get announced as this is too much confirmation to pretend the leak was a guess or a list of lies or something.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Message me when FF9 is announced. Lol
bitbydeath right now:
nervous-not.gif

bitbydeath

It IS a remake, so is Trials of Mana for Switch. What I'm saying is, don't expect a triple A remake like Final Fantasy IX, where the game is completely different and with several changes. It's most likely more of a graphical update/3D remake.

Remember this post when they finally announce it.
Out of curiosity, how long are you willing to wait until you admit defeat?
We talking 6 months? A year? Two years? Ten years? Twenty years?

yurinka

Even if every GeForce leaked game came true except one, theyll claim “we’ll see? It wasn’t 100% true”.
Are there still people who doubt this leak ?

The list missed the Spider-Man or TLOU games coming to PC but did have Returnal, Sackboy, Gran Turismo 7, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet Rift Apart, Horizon Forbidden West, Deracine, Mario x Rabbids, Scalebound and over a dozen MS games (some of which aren't being developed, others were in preproduction months ago) listed for 2022.

Until now from the first parties only got an unannounced game right: GoW (with a different date) and failed all the other ones. According to a Sony graph apparently they'll only release in PC this FY the already announced Morales and Uncharted ports.

The Nvidia list apparently included some real listings of games being developed for PC plus several fan guess entries of some bored Nvidia employee added there just for fun.

Last edited:

EDMIX

The ‘leak’ says it’s a remake.

? The example used is still a remake. Square internally wants to call it a remake, clearly something is being done to it that isn't some remaster or HD thing as they normally state that.

Out of curiosity, how long are you willing to wait until you admit defeat?
We talking 6 months? A year? Two years? Ten years? Twenty years?

yea....I wouldn't bet against this one man. This leak is way to fucking legit to be here pretending all of it was a joke or something, what they leak go right was so spot on, even the worst of releases we thought would be pointless, was in that leak like Crono Cross remaster thing, its not like the leak was like "CHRONO TIRGGER REMAKE", it stated Crono Cross, the PS1 red headed step child, which tells me this leak is legit and what they saw about FF9 remake no matter how badly you want to fucking goal post and debate that term, is happening regardless of how you want to spin it when its announced.

You literally seem like you are preparing to goal post by saying shit like

FF9R isn’t happening though

seems like you want to stress this "9R" thing to debate it not being like "7R" as if it MUST be exactly like that for the term to fit and the leak to be true or some shit lol This isn't even an inevitable guess right now, I'd argue FF8 remake is more of one as it follows after 7. Why would someone guess 1 is skipped?

The leak even states Resident Evil 4 being remade, completely skips Resident Evil Code Veronica. So...I don't see anything here that is a guess and too much as been confirmed to pretend that shit isn't happening and best you can do is goal post and try to pretend it doesn't state "R" on it or it was announced 1 year from now or it was "obvious" etc.

bitbydeath

The list missed the Spider-Man or TLOU games coming to PC but did have Returnal, Sackboy, Gran Turismo 7, Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet Rift Apart, Horizon Forbidden West, Deracine, Mario x Rabbids, Scalebound and over a dozen MS games (some of which aren't being developed, others were in preproduction months ago) listed for 2022.

Until now from the first parties only got an unannounced game right: GoW (with a different date) and failed all the other ones. According to a Sony graph apparently they'll only release in PC this FY the already announced Morales and Uncharted ports.

The Nvidia list apparently included some real listings of games being developed for PC plus several fan guess entries of some bored Nvidia employee added there just for fun.
And the leak came out before games like GT7 and Horizon FW even went gold, meaning there was no way development could have even started on PC due to a complete game being required before the porting process could begin.

bitbydeath

? The example used is still a remake. Square internally wants to call it a remake, clearly something is being done to it that isn't some remaster or HD thing as they normally state that.

yea....I wouldn't bet against this one man. This leak is way to fucking legit to be here pretending all of it was a joke or something, what they leak go right was so spot on, even the worst of releases we thought would be pointless, was in that leak like Crono Cross remaster thing, its not like the leak was like "CHRONO TIRGGER REMAKE", it stated Crono Cross, the PS1 red headed step child, which tells me this leak is legit and what they saw about FF9 remake no matter how badly you want to fucking goal post and debate that term, is happening regardless of how you want to spin it when its announced.

You literally seem like you are preparing to goal post by saying shit like

seems like you want to stress this "9R" thing to debate it not being like "7R" as if it MUST be exactly like that for the term to fit and the leak to be true or some shit lol This isn't even an inevitable guess right now, I'd argue FF8 remake is more of one as it follows after 7. Why would someone guess 1 is skipped?

The leak even states Resident Evil 4 being remade, completely skips Resident Evil Code Veronica. So...I don't see anything here that is a guess and too much as been confirmed to pretend that shit isn't happening and best you can do is goal post and try to pretend it doesn't state "R" on it or it was announced 1 year from now or it was "obvious" etc.
I’m not sure what you’re arguing the literal title was Final Fantasy 9 Remake. No goal posts need moving for that, it is what it is.

The list didn't just get GoW right. It also got Uncharted and Sackboy right, so far. We also know that Returnal is definitely coming to PC.

Edited the "warring" part. No need to spell out the obvious, I guess.

Last edited:

EDMIX

The list missed the Spider-Man or TLOU games coming to PC

Thats likely because by the time Nvida needed that info, those games were already supporting some feature or something.

Your focus on Playstation games only, and a look at the names of the people who, like you, still seem to be in denial about the list

??? Yea...stop warring man. Yurinka literally states this
The Nvidia list apparently included some real listings of games being developed for PC

That doesn't sound like some denial post and merely pointing out that 100% of all releases didn't get leaked here or something and some may have been fan entries, if it as a denial type thing, they'd say they got nothing right right or something lol

Thats likely because by the time Nvida needed that info, those games were already supporting some feature or something.

??? Yea...stop warring man. Yurinka literally states this

That doesn't sound like some denial post and merely pointing out that 100% of all releases didn't get leaked here or something and some may have been fan entries, if it as a denial type thing, they'd say they got nothing right right or something lol
There are two lists, afaik. One smaller list and one extended list with dozens of old (and sometimes cancelled) games listed too. I'm referring to the smaller list.

bitbydeath

The list didn't just get GoW right. It also got Uncharted and Sackboy right, so far. We also know that Returnal is definitely coming to PC.

You should look at the facts instead of console warring, it shows your intent here of wishing it to be true as opposed to reading the data correctly.

Everyone knows those PlayStation games are going to PC eventually, that’s never been the argument.

The argument is there are some notable BS titles on the list such as FF9R, Scalebound etc and not to mention the fact NVIDIA said themselves that they added some guesses in there to not make the list 100% credible.

You should look at the facts instead of console warring, it shows your intent here of wishing it to be true as opposed to reading the data correctly.

Everyone knows those PlayStation games are going to PC eventually, that’s never been the argument.

The argument is there are some notable BS titles on the list such as FF9R, Scalebound etc and not to mention the fact NVIDIA said themselves that they added some guesses in there to not make the list 100% credible.
That was Nvidia doing PR for their epic failure. They didn't add shit.

bitbydeath

That was Nvidia doing PR for their epic failure. They didn't add shit.
I think it should be obvious.

The reason there are false titles, the reason it is missing titles, and the reason the dates are incorrect is all because it was hand written.

There was never any automation involved.

yurinka

The list was published after the Uncharted collection was announced for PS5 and PC "early 2022" on their trailer. So we knew it was coming to PC.

But the list did put the PC date of that game early 2022 and also did put PC releases of games like Grand Turismo 7 or Horizon Forbidden West in early 2022 since he thought they were going to be released on PC at the same time than on PS5. Plus also added many other unreleased many other Sony games like Deracine or Tsushima to be released months ago.

Plus the list didn't saw Spider-Man, Morales, and TLOU. As I remember there were around 15 Sony games that the list got wrong (now 1 less with Sackboy), and only got one Sony prediction right: GoW. Now Sackboy too, they got it right (can't remember the date it had in the list now).

Same story with MS: got like over a dozen games supposed to be in 2022 too wrong.

The list also copypasted stuff from a properly leaked Capcom schedule document, including typos available there made by the one who leaked the Capcom document, who mistranslated a game. Yes, the list got some games right but it's full of bullshit.

Regarding Returnal, let's see. Being a UE4 game, like Days Gone and Sackboy that means the port would be fast and easy and from what we saw seems it will happen too. But let's wait to see if it gets confirmed and if it gets released this fiscal year, because the Sony graph mentioned they scheduled to release 4 PC ports releases for the current fiscal year, and to fit the Spider-Mans, Sackboy and the Uncharteds we have to count the Uncharteds together as a single release.

They could count the Spider-Mans together because they were released together on PS so that would give room to release Returnal or TLOU this fiscal year, but I highly doubt it.

Btw, the list also mentioned games like Mario+Rabbids, Fable, Hellblade and Scalebound plus many more to be released this year on PC. Where are they?

Last edited:
The list was published after the Uncharted collection was announced for PS5 and PC "early 2022" on their trailer. So we knew it was coming to PC.

But the list did put the PC date of that game early 2022 and also did put PC releases of games like Grand Turismo 7 or Horizon Forbidden West in early 2022 since he thought they were going to be released on PC at the same time than on PS5. Plus also added many other unreleased many other Sony games like Deracine or Tsushima to be released months ago.
The dates are placeholders or old estimates, thus not relevant.
Plus the list didn't saw Spider-Man, Morales, and TLOU. As I remember there were around 15 Sony games that the list got wrong (now 1 less with Sackboy), and only got one Sony prediction right: GoW. Now Sackboy too, they got it right (can't remember the date it had in the list now).
Which 15 Sony games did the list get wrong?
Same story with MS: got like over a dozen games supposed to be in 2022 too wrong.
Again, the dates are not relevant. The matter of fact is that it got almost all Microsoft games right, just like with the Sony games.
The list also copypasted stuff from a properly leaked Capcom schedule document, including typos available there made by the one who leaked the Capcom document, who mistranslated a game. Yes, the list got some games right but it's full of bullshit.
That's the extended list with a lot of nonsense in it, yes.
Regarding Returnal, let's see.
There's nothing to see, we know it's coming. The port is already finished.
Btw, the list also mentioned games like Mario+Rabbids, Fable, Hellblade and Scalebound plus many more to be released this year on PC. Where are they?
Again, the dates are not relevant.

FingerBang

Regarding Returnal, let's see. Being a UE4 game, like Days Gone and Sackboy that means the port would be fast and easy and from what we saw seems it will happen too. But let's wait to see if it gets confirmed and if it gets released this fiscal year, because the Sony graph mentioned they scheduled to release 4 PC ports releases for the current fiscal year, and to fit the Spider-Mans, Sackboy and the Uncharteds we have to count the Uncharteds together as a single release.

They could count the Spider-Mans together because they were released together on PS so that would give room to release Returnal or TLOU this fiscal year, but I highly doubt it.

I seriously don't understand the angle of people like you, but here's your answer:

The goddamn list is old, some release dates are old. Shit gets delayed internally all the times.

yurinka

I seriously don't understand the angle of people like you, but here's your answer:

The goddamn list is old, some release dates are old. Shit gets delayed internally all the times.
Bullshit.

A game or two released in a year can get delayed, over a dozen of them released on a year don't and that would be the case for both Sony and MS if the list would be legit. The dates go against the strategy that Sony implemented until now and mentioned multiple times, Sony said they didn't consider to release PS Studios games on PC day one, that they will release on PS only multiple times and mentioned months ago that they estimated the release of only 4 PC releases this fiscal year.

And well, Nintendo doesn't release their games on PC. And we know that at least some Capcom games were copy pasted from a leaked schedule due to a typo from a mistranslation.

yurinka

Which 15 Sony games did the list get wrong?

Can't remember all of them, but according to the list Grand Turismo 7, Horizon Forbidden West, Uncharted Thieves Collection (Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy), all 3 announced before the list was released, were supposedly released on PC at launch this fiscal year according to the list, fiscal year when also were supposed to be released more like Ghost of Tsushima, Deracine, Demon's Souls remake, Ratchet (not sure if Rift Apart or the 2016 one), Returnal, Helldivers 2. The list missed to mention games already released or announced by Sony like Spider-Man, Spider-Man Miles Morales, TLOUP1.

Sony said multiple times they were going to experiment with different distances between the original PS release of their PS Studios games but that don't plan to release their games day one one other than maybe some day MLB. Only their Bungie games will be day one on PC.

They also shown a handful graphs a handful months ago listing a proportion of games per platform for this fiscal year and the one that ends in 2026 and both featured zero PS5+PC releases. For the current FY had 2 mobile game releases, 4 PC ports releases, 8 PS4+PS5 releases, 8 PS5 releases (I assume this last one including several PSVR2 games).

Plus not only Sony, there's clearly bullshit games in the list from Nintendo, Microsoft, Nintendo, Capcom or Square to name a few. Good luck expecting to see this year Hellblade II (a few months ago was in preproduction), Scalebound (ins't in production), Mario + Rabbids (Nintendo doesn't publish their games on PC), Final Fantasy 9 Remake (they are too busy with a gazillion other games to be working on this one), Resident Evil Outbreak (it's a copy paste from a mistranslation from other leak) etc.

The list got some games right -in the case of Sony GoW and Sackboy, and if ends confirmed Returnal too- but has a lot of fanboy wishes that are far from reality.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Part of me does not want this to be true. Unlike FF VII, FF IX has a more cartoonish tone. An AAA remake will destroy that tone.
What makes you think it won’t be cartoonish? The original FF IX was also a AAA game that surprised us with the cartoonish tone. And they’re even supposedly making a FF IX anime

Can't remember all of them, but according to the list Grand Turismo 7, Horizon Forbidden West, Uncharted Thieves Collection (Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy), all 3 announced before the list was released, were supposedly released on PC at launch this fiscal year according to the list, fiscal year when also were supposed to be released more like Ghost of Tsushima, Deracine, Demon's Souls remake, Returnal, Helldivers 2.
Again, the dates don't matter, they were either placeholders or early targets.
The list missed to mention games already released or announced by Sony like Spider-Man, Spider-Man Miles Morales, TLOUP1.
And? This doesn't make the list wrong.
Sony said multiple times they were going to experiment with different distances between the original PS release of their PS Studios games but that don't plan to release their games day one one other than maybe some day MLB. Only their Bungie games will be day one on PC.
The upcoming GaaS games will surely be day one on PC. Maybe not all of them, but most of them.
Good luck expecting to see this year Hellblade II (a few months ago was in preproduction)
Again, dates don't matter.
Scalebound (ins't in production)
Yes, clearly an old entry.
Mario + Rabbids (Nintendo doesn't publish their games on PC)
Maybe Ubisoft publishes it.
Final Fantasy 9 Remake (they are too busy with a gazillion other games to be working on this one)
FF9R is coming. Likely with the start of the anime.
The list got some games right -in the case of Sony GoW and Sackboy, and if ends confirmed Returnal too- but has a lot of fanboy wishes that are far from reality.
No, the list got a shit ton of games right, games that nobody ever expected, like Tactics Ogre Remake and Space Marine 2.

Nickolaidas

Some people still think this is fake? Jesus H. Christ.

At this point you guys will still think it's fake when ff9 (ultra remaster or remake) gets announced because the date isn't correct.

Like, I'm sure that Square told nvidia the final release date three years ago, and there's no way it was a placeholder, or simply a wrong estimation because games never get delayed during development.

The cope is real.

FingerBang

Bullshit.

A game or two released in a year can get delayed, over a dozen of them released on a year don't and that would be the case for both Sony and MS if the list would be legit. The dates go against the strategy that Sony implemented until now and mentioned multiple times, Sony said they didn't consider to release PS Studios games on PC day one, that they will release on PS only multiple times and mentioned months ago that they estimated the release of only 4 PC releases this fiscal year.

And well, Nintendo doesn't release their games on PC. And we know that at least some Capcom games were copy pasted from a leaked schedule due to a typo from a mistranslation.

Seriously, what is your point? This list was just a guess that ended up guessing shit no one saw coming at the time (Uncharted, GOW, Sackboy, Dragon's Dogma 2 and seriously, a TON of others)?

This is an official list that was leaked, the info might not be 100% correct because stuff happens, release dates shift, games get canned. We don't even know how old that is.

You obviously know nothing about how things work in the industry, internal delays happen CONSTANTLY, we're not talking about official release dates. We don't even know what the purpose of this list was, we only know it was right. Is everything there coming to PC? NO, this is not a "Steam games list", this is a geforce leak for a reason.

The Nintendo stuff might be something Nintendo might try in the future streaming with Geforce Now, we have no idea. It doesn't prove the list is fake.

I seriously don't get it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Seriously, what is your point? This list was just a guess that ended up guessing shit no one saw coming at the time (Uncharted, GOW, Sackboy, Dragon's Dogma 2 and seriously, a TON of others)?

This is an official list that was leaked, the info might not be 100% correct because stuff happens, release dates shift, games get canned. We don't even know how old that is.

You obviously know nothing about how things work in the industry, internal delays happen CONSTANTLY, we're not talking about official release dates. We don't even know what the purpose of this list was, we only know it was right. Is everything there coming to PC? NO, this is not a "Steam games list", this is a geforce leak for a reason.

The Nintendo stuff might be something Nintendo might try in the future streaming with Geforce Now, we have no idea. It doesn't prove the list is fake.

I seriously don't get it.
It's console warriors defending their brand. Even more weird is Nvidia isn't even a console platform to defend anyway.

They are just too embarrassed that after decades of "my plastic console box has exclusive games", PC is getting tons of ports. And Sony is ramping up porting fast with tons of PC and mobile employee hiring and new studios. It also seems every month they announce another game to jam into 2022. Sony execs played up the exclusive card for years too, so it's like getting backstabbed. If they are that pissed, you'd think they'd take it out on Sony execs, but instead they still protect the brand.

As I said earlier in this thread long time ago, you could get every game on the list being correct, but one miss. And you'll still get warriors downplaying the list since it wasnt 100% accurate.

Video game ecosystem worshipping is a serious business where users can care so much about other people enjoying the same product in their own way. I dont think the stereotypical private golf course member cares as much as fan warriors if the general public could play at the same course.

FingerBang

It's console warriors defending their brand. Even more weird is Nvidia isn't even a console platform to defend anyway.

They are just too embarrassed that after decades of "my plastic console box has exclusive games", PC is getting tons of ports. And Sony is ramping up porting fast with tons of PC and mobile employee hiring and new studios. It also seems every month they announce another game to jam into 2022. Sony execs played up the exclusive card for years too, so it's like getting backstabbed. If they are that pissed, you'd think they'd take it out on Sony execs, but instead they still protect the brand.

As I said earlier in this thread long time ago, you could get every game on the list being correct, but one miss. And you'll still get warriors downplaying the list since it wasnt 100% accurate.

Video game ecosystem worshipping is a serious business where users can care so much about other people enjoying the same product in their own way. I dont think the stereotypical private golf course member cares as much as fan warriors if the general public could play at the same course.
I guess it's probably young gamers, I used to be like that when I could only afford one or two platforms. I still love Playstation exclusives, but I'm more than happy to see them on PC, especially now that I got my hands on a Steam Deck.

yurinka

My point is that the list mixes real stuff with a ton of fantasy fan guess stuff.

Dragon's Dogma 2 -listed for 2022- was one of the many I mentioned copypasted from the proper Capcom leak, including the minstranslated Resident Evil Outbreak (which also won't happen, because it was a minstranslation of the codename).

Uncharted collection was announced before the list was originally shared. But what Sony didn't say it was that the PC version was going to be released later. The list wrongly assumed that Uncharted Collection, GT7, Horizon Forbidden West were going to be released day one on PC, something Sony said they weren't going to do.

This is an official list that was leaked,
No, this is an internal Nvidia list leaked. Which mixes real upcoming stuff with things that won't happen because are only fan wishes.

the info might not be 100% correct because stuff happens, release dates shift, games get canned. We don't even know how old that is.
When do you think Nintendo is going to release Mario + Rabbid on PC, MS will release Scalebound or Sony will release Deracine (a VR game) on PC? And how about games that don't exist like Resident Evil Outbreak because whoever put it in the Nvidia list copypasted a (separate) mistranslated leak instead of writing there the real codename?

Last edited:

Banned
everyone is talking about how great it is and stuff, and they are right...

BUT Hi-Fi Rush is also the LATEST leaked game from the Geforce Now leak that now surfaced!

0Uxjktv.png

Project Hibiki was the development name of the game, it can still actually be seen if you download the Windows Store (gamepass) version on PC
(ひびき), 響く means to sound/resound or to echo

it's also the kanji on 808's collar where it's stylized to look like the Metallica logo
uYvVYq5nEk3cJqztYcVjhm.jpg

here the windows store Hibiki remnants

in the start menu it looks like this:
5TCHEG6.png

when you launch the game it's in the window name top left:
lveYErh.png

this also confirms how much of a placeholder these release dates were. this had a release date from more than a year ago and now just came out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom