• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 294: Makhachev vs. Volkanovski 2 - Abu Dhabi - October 21

Who wins: Makhachev or Volkanovski? Usman or Chimaev? Ankalaev or Walker?

• Makhachev, Usman, Ankalaev.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Makhachev, Chimaev, Ankalaev.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Makhachev, Usman, Walker.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Makhachev, Chimaev, Walker.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Volkanovski, Usman, Ankalaev.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Volkanovski, Chimaev, Ankalaev.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Volkanovski, Usman, Walker.

• Volkanovski, Chimaev, Walker.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tommycronin

Banned
Big hype for this one. Usman may get the win because its a 3 round and he's been training for 5 round fights for years now. He also doesn't have to cut much weight for this fight.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I don’t think volk is up to the fight it sounds too early they’re supposed to train for 6 months imagine that being cut by 95%. God.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
nice finish by aliskerov and submission by said. two more dagestanis fighting left lol i think islam and anakalaev will probably get the W they'll use their grappling and I have khamzat winning too volk and usman are like 11 day short notice I think but we could have some surprises :messenger_beaming:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
this is bs :messenger_pouting:

johnny just got up from a knee to the head let him breathe for a couple of minutes before asking him if hes alright

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
nice striking from usman in the third but I think khamzat's dominant first round is going to get him the win

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
even though its short notice volk seems super motivated. not risking his belt and chance to become double champ beating islam at his place is a crazy high reward i'd imagine. islam knows this and has a ton of pressure to come out on top hope we get a great fight please no doctors coming in the cage 🙏

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
He is t
even though its short notice volk seems super motivated. not risking his belt and chance to become double champ beating islam at his place is a crazy high reward i'd imagine. islam knows this and has a ton of pressure to come out on top hope we get a great fight please no doctors coming in the cage 🙏
He was training for UFC 297 in January, so he was in a camp.

Little Mac

Gold Member
As always, thanks MaestroMike MaestroMike for the awesome OT.

Thank U GIF

Last edited:

Kings Field

Now can Islam properly defend his belt against someone in his division and within the next 3-4 months please. Volk should have gone all out in that first round.

There's no competition at LW right now. Years ago when Khabib said his "brother" will succeed him and he's better than he is, he wasn't lying. One could argue that Khabib is a better cage grappler and more dominant on the ground but not by much. Striking wide Islam is lightyears ahead. . No one at LW will beat Islam. He should move to 170 to fight the winner of Leon/Colby.

Kings Field

As a HUGE Islam fan, this is a huge relief after hearing months of shit from people saying Volk won that last fight when it was a clear 4-1 going on 5-0 until Volk rocked Islam.

Khamzat fought great tonight but his cardio is suspect. Definitely was gassed after the first round and took the second round off.

Hopefully they run back Mag/Walker eventhough I feel like Mag was going to easily win. Shame that happened.

tommycronin

Banned
As a HUGE Islam fan, this is a huge relief after hearing months of shit from people saying Volk won that last fight when it was a clear 4-1 going on 5-0 until Volk rocked Islam.

Khamzat fought great tonight but his cardio is suspect. Definitely was gassed after the first round and took the second round off.

Hopefully they run back Mag/Walker eventhough I feel like Mag was going to easily win. Shame that happened.
He broke his wrist at the end of 1st round apparently which is why he wasn't throwing much punches after that.

Flutta

Banned

Khamzat broke his hand during the first round. He Said he couldn’t use it much during the rest of the fight.

Top Bottom