• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One Season 2022 | OT | Moving On From Abu Dhabi

DJ12

Interesting rumours flying around that Perez is so slow as they are running him with a post break legal floor to get data on it.

If this turns out to be true, Red Bull are f*cked. But I guess thats what happens when you knowingly bend the rules and get found out.

Merc to finish 1-2 for the rest of the season.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Hamilton's strategy is exactly what Ferrari should have done with Leclerc extending the period of the second intermediate tire and not entering directly behind Verstappen with hard tires .. Sainz shouldve pit earlier to hold back and block incoming attack from red bull mid race...

Ferrari just need to hire Gunther Steiner from Haas and they will be champion with curent car..

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Ferrari could opt for 2 different tire strategies at the start to spread their options. They had both drivers to start at 2nd and third behind Russell. That way, at least one of them could pull ahead. Now they were both fucked.

But Ferrari makes bad decisions on weekly basis so whatever. I think Max Verstappen would've been a good fit for them, since he probably gives the team the finger if he disagrees with a call. LeClerc might eventually become experienced and ballsy enough to do it though. He IS good enough to be an eventual champion, but he needs to do it on its own if Ferrari can't hire a competent stategist. They used to have Ross Brawn.

rHqgmJy.jpg
Max Chadstappen deliberatlely spins to overtake Charles Betalerc twice because he's bored

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Surprised to see it. I mean Alonso is 41 years old and you are probably right about the money, because with Lawrence it looks like the team is absolutely doomed to ever make good fundamental progress as a F1 team.

Lawrence Stroll is an example of everything that’s wrong with F1. A rich idiot, with zero racing experience or pedigree, swans into the sport a few years ago with deep pockets, and proceeds to waste millions of trying to make his deeply average son look good. Aston Martin will never go anywhere with him on board, because he doesn’t get F1. He should be a silent partner at the absolute most.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Lawrence Stroll is an example of everything that’s wrong with F1. A rich idiot, with zero racing experience or pedigree, swans into the sport a few years ago with deep pockets, and proceeds to waste millions of trying to make his deeply average son look good. Aston Martin will never go anywhere with him on board, because he doesn’t get F1. He should be a silent partner at the absolute most.

Force India was likely screwed anyways like if they got bought by Mazepin instead. Stroll has driven them into the ground when they used to be scrappy, underfunded, and at the front of the midfield for years.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Seriously, fuck McClaren into the ground.

If I were any driver at this point I'd be wary of signing a contract with Zak Brown.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I don't see any headlights on that Audi, how are they supposed to drive too close to the car in front, flashing them out of the way?

Apparently, there will be special grandstands with loud speakers so that we can recreate what happens on the road by calling the Audi drivers cunts as they go past.

SkylineRKR

It doesn't matter from what position Max starts, that much is clear.

Its the best driver with for the first time in his career also having the best car. And RB isn't nearly as dominant as Merc used to be. But even I hope for some DNF's on RB side, or a huge boost to Ferrari to make this season a bit more appealing. I miss last year.

Ferrari needs to dump whoever is responsible for the tactics there, and hire someone competent.

SkylineRKR

I looked at the standings and Verstappens main rival is Perez. Who is much slower, and doing much worse this season. That says a lot about the rest.

This is a boring season and its on Ferrari because they do have a great car that can easily combat Red Bull if they weren't such clowns.

Lasha

Why bother risking a pit stop for 1 extra point? The risk would kind of make sense if the Constructor standings were tight and every point mattered. Ferrari is like 120 points behind and have become notorious for fucking everything up in pit lane so what made them think risking 2 points to get an extra 1 was a good idea? A better strategy would be to stop fucking up in general and actually win races.

Fox Mulder

That was pretty embarrassing for Ferrari. Now they’re crying about how there’s no way they can match Redbull’s upgrades and how the budget cap needs to be enforced more.
stand by me jerry oconnell GIF

Last edited:

lukilladog

I looked at the standings and Verstappens main rival is Perez. Who is much slower, and doing much worse this season. That says a lot about the rest.

This is a boring season and its on Ferrari because they do have a great car that can easily combat Red Bull if they weren't such clowns.

Look again because Perez´s rivals are Sainz and Leclerc, and that is how Red Bull wants it to be... and what do you mean by doing worse this season?, he never has lead a championship.

SkylineRKR

Look again because Perez´s rivals are Sainz and Leclerc, and that is how Red Bull wants it to be... and what do you mean by doing worse this season?, he never has lead a championship.

Perez gap with Verstappen is immense, and he's number 2 in the championship. He trailed 18 seconds on Spa.

Sainz and especially Leclerc should be fighting for the top spot, Ferrari was faster or at least competitive for a good portion of this season. Yet they're behind Perez who had lots of bad starts, DNF and only won 1 race so far. This season is a one man show, and Verstappen also DNF twice in the first 3 races.

Even if Verstappen started at 20th position, he would've won this race. Its probably the most boring season since Schumacher 2004.

lukilladog

Perez gap with Verstappen is immense, and he's number 2 in the championship. He trailed 18 seconds on Spa.

Sainz and especially Leclerc should be fighting for the top spot, Ferrari was faster or at least competitive for a good portion of this season. Yet they're behind Perez who had lots of bad starts, DNF and only won 1 race so far. This season is a one man show, and Verstappen also DNF twice in the first 3 races.

Even if Verstappen started at 20th position, he would've won this race. Its probably the most boring season since Schumacher 2004.

So you agree that the actual rivals are now Pérez-Leclerc-Sains or not?.

SkylineRKR

So you agree that the actual rivals are now Pérez-Leclerc-Sains or not?.

Second place is whatever.
Some of the merc dominated seasons were as bad, easily. If not worse. At least this is good for the memes.

I assume you don't mean the Rosberg era. As that was rather fierce despite being same team. I'd say this season is comparable to the Bottas era. Its already decided.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Excellent race.

Merc had the best strategy at first with hard tires. Lewis was on his way to perhaps win it, then the VRC giving Max a free pit stop. Then an actual SC that worked against Max. Lewis, like in Abu Dhabi, didn't change. Russell did and he was much faster as a result. But Max was actually faster during the final laps.

Ferrari were clowns as usual. The gun on the track and Sainz' pit stop was surreal. LeClerc third place though.

Top Bottom