• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. 2 (arcade) launches October 30 in Japan

VGMwotZ.png

The 3D arcade fighting game sequel will include updated graphics, over 160 playable Mobile Suits, new armaments and actions for existing Mobile Suits, a new EX Burst system, a Plus Coin Mode to continue playing until the third battle even if you continue to lose (by inserting two credits), a Training Mode, Group Play Mode, player tournament feature, and more.

I've played some of the earlier games in the series. If you like Cyber Troopers: Virtual-On, this series is the spiritual successor.

Source from Gematsu

I was a huge Virtual On fan, and I'm a huge Gundam fan. I hope this translates into a more take-home size in the future. The closest arcade to me is a few hundred kilometers away and I doubt they'll be getting this one.

Shouta

I'm slightly annoyed that they're using what looks like the graphics engine on the PS4. It feels like they were using the PS4 version as a jumping off point to making this. I really hope they bring this to consoles quicker and not leave us hanging.

I was a huge Virtual On fan, and I'm a huge Gundam fan. I hope this translates into a more take-home size in the future. The closest arcade to me is a few hundred kilometers away and I doubt they'll be getting this one.
The recent Gundam Versus is pretty good but lacks local multiplayer, a deal breaker for me. I've spent the most time on Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon. If you haven't played any of the games before, I'd encourage you to look at gameplay. Dip into the older games while waiting for this one to (someday) get a console port to see if you enjoy 'em.

Top Bottom