• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov booked: October 6th, 2018

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Shit did they not get the line about Lewis taking his pants off because "his balls was hot"? I was so looking forward to listening to that.

Edit:

Rogan's reply is hilarious too.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned
Tony is a fucking beast!

But fuck bt sport for muting the whole interview fuck sake it’s on at 5 in the fucking morning

This is the big fight though!

Last edited:
OK, looks like Reddit just exploded.

So Khabib made Conor tap, then one of Khabib's team members jumped into the cage and suckerpunched Conor? WTF?

MastAndo

What are you thinking, Khabib? How quickly he just threw away all the accolades that would have come with that performance. Conor broke him and his team mentally.

Carton

Wait, what? What did Khabib do after the fight?
Disgusting. Two guys jumped into the octagon and attacked an unsuspecting and exhausted McGregor. Khabib jumped over the cage fence in order to ensue a brawl with one of McGregor's training partner (Dillon Danis, I think).

octiny

Banned
No doubt we're looking @ a 1 year suspension guaranteed for Khabib (which will lead to a strip of the title), along with some of his crew who randomly started double teaming Conor while Khabib was fighting in the crowd.

Disgrace.

On another note, sucks Conor was so focused on the takedowns that he got rocked that one time which changed the entire fight. Definitely looked slow, off on his timing/distance measuring & just rusty in general.

MastAndo

Wait, what? What did Khabib do after the fight?
Khabib jumped out of the octagon after Conor tapped and went after one of Conor's crew. A huge scuffle ensued, with eventually it spilling into the octagon and one of Khabib's guys taking shots at a half-dead Conor. Khabib has been humble all week in the face of Conor attacking him personally, but I guess he had enough. He really tarnished what was otherwise a model performance in and out of the ring.

Last edited:
Disgusting. Two guys jumped into the octagon and attacked an unsuspecting and exhausted McGregor. Khabib jumped over the cage fence in order to ensue a brawl with one of McGregor's training partner (Dillon Danis, I think).

WTF. UFC's gone full WWE now, hasn't it?

Khabib jumped out of the octagon after Conor tapped and went after one of Conor's crew. A huge scuffle ensued, with eventually it spilling into the octagon and one of Khabib's guys taking shots at a half-dead Conor. Khabib has been humble all week in the face of Conor attacking him personally, but I guess he had enough. He really tarnished what was otherwise a model performance in and out of the ring.

Damn, what a stupid ending to the night for Khabib--from what I tracked on Reddit, sounded like he was absolutely beasting on McGregor.

MastAndo

Damn, what a stupid ending to the night for Khabib--from what I tracked on Reddit, sounded like he was absolutely beasting on McGregor.
It was a clinic, in typical Khabib fashion. The only hope Conor had was standing up, but Khabib was the one who landed a big shot in the fight, dropping Conor in the 2nd - he never really recovered.

Conor used illegal elbows and kicks several times without even getting a warning from the corrupt judges. He deserved to get jumped and punched from behind.

JimiNutz

Banned
What happened at the end was crazy but I find it hard to feel sorry for Conor (and I'm a fan).

You have to remember that Conor turned up with a gang of friends previously and tried to jump Khabib, then threw a dolly through a coach window breaking a window and nearly blinding an inoccent bystander. He has also jumped into the cage at a different MMA event and slapped a ref... Conor is no saint at all and you can't expect to act like a madman and not get the same treatment back when you fuck with the wrong people.

Conor looked really rusty and poor tonight. I was impressed by some of his takedown defence and I was impressed that he recovered after the mauling in the second but he never really looked good.

Khabibs teammates are fucking cowards and should be charged with assault. What happened was wrong and cowardly yet I still don't feel that sorry for Conor. Bad night for him all around.

Also forgot that Conor cheated the whole fight. Grabbed the cage with his toes, threw illegal knees on the ground and grabbed Khabibs gloves.

Last edited:

-MD-

Conor will most definitely beat Khabib, I would like to see khabib fight Diaz.
People acting like Khabib is some monster that will just wreck Connor, I’m just not seeing that level in him. Khabib doesn’t have knockout power, Connor has faced excellent wrestlers many times. Khabib could win if he can close the gap and keep it on the ground. But people get excited when Connor faces a good submission guy, even though he’s dispatched all of them so far.
Khallabeeb is getting slept.
Connor by knockout within 2 rounds. 155 is his game.

Edit: Khabib got rocked in striking during the 5th round. He couldn't finish him for the life of him. That shit won't fly against Connor. Hilarious how he lifts his chin up. Prediction change. Connor will knock him out 1st round.
I can’t see Conor losing, i rate khabib but Conor is a different fighter to these 155 guys

:messenger_smirking:

Conor used illegal elbows and kicks several times without even getting a warning from the corrupt judges. He deserved to get jumped and punched from behind.

Illegal knee and fence grabs as well, Conor was going for absolutely every opportunity, any other fighter would've been deducted points.

BrettWeir

I was all about Khabib.......then he jumped the cage and attacked Dillon Danis. Not a fan of Dillon at all, but what a shit move. All of his work and accomplishments will probably be stripped from him. Terrible ending.....even though it was great to see Conor get that ass beat.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Not advocating what Khabib and his guys did, nor saying it's the same thing, but I think it's kind of silly that the reaction is to call for Khabib's head whereas Conor throwing a dolly into the window of a bus of Khabib's guys was used as fight promo material. Most definitely a shit move by Khabib and his team, but the double-standard is pretty jarring.

octiny

Banned
Via ESPN:

"Moments later, an unidentified man jumped into the Octagon and began throwing punches at McGregor, who was still recovering from the contest. White said three members of Nurmagomedov's team were arrested, though he did not identify them by name."

link

-MD-

Ya know, everyone is saying McGregor was jumped but him and the first guy threw a punch at the exact same time, they both went for it, then he was hit from behind by the 2nd guy.

Conor is no saint here.

MastAndo

Ya know, everyone is saying McGregor was jumped but him and the first guy threw a punch at the exact same time, they both went for it, then he was hit from behind by the 2nd guy.

Conor is no saint here.
Yeah, I still can't figure out who initiated that first exchange. Also kind of weird that red shirt was midway through climbing into the octagon when those first punches were thrown, almost like he and the other one planned to jump him.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Hey props to Khabib, Connor looked off timing wise but Khabib was never going to be an easy fight after inactivity or not. As far as the adjacent fuckery by Connor and now Khabib as well, it just astounds me that guys living a dream and making big money would put themselves in a position to get taxed on some dumb shit, hope they show some maturity and emotional discipline in the future.

Bryank75

Banned
It was all planned, couldn’t happen that fast. Why would Khabib jump out and then 2 team mates attack Conor?
Was absolutely disgusting. Also didn’t find much of the fight any good, Khabib isn’t very entertaining to watch and has no class or charisma.
Sure he won the fight but.... what value has it now?

Anybody who was not part of that fight but decided they were going to attack is a fucking bitch. You don’t do that shit. There is no excuse for attacking Conor. The bus inceident was outside the cage. Totally different than post fight bullshit.

Can’t wait for the rematch!! 😂 👊

thejared

I don’t think it was planned... Russian guy just doesnt buy into the promotion nonsense that Conor is all about. Took it all to heart and made him pay for it.

The sport is trash though and after mcgregor is done this shit will go away especially with pro sports coming to Vegas no one will care about little mma fights.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
The same way brave Conor kept it in the ring when he showed up to Khabibs bus with 40 bodyguards?

Honestly have no clue about that.

He won the fight, absolutely wrecked Conor then instead of being the better man he acted like a fucking low class thug. That’s a shitshow.

*edit* yeah after some reading -Conor is a fuckhead for attacking the bus and Khabib is a shithead for smacking Lobov.

Can we go back to the gentleman’s sport of boxing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom