• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2

Who wins the rematches?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GymWolf

Rooting for zhang and colby but usman and the boyo are gonna win most probably.

Chandler vs justin is a toss but if chandler can get justin down, i have no confidence in his submission defense...

GymWolf

Lol usman tried to fake indifference but it was super pissed during the face off.

I hope for colby that he doesn't get KOed because the super necessary punches on the ground on his unconscious face are gonna be vicious...

Dana squeaked at the push. It's WWE atm, pretty Meh.

Usman by KO for me, 3rd round. Colby has a punchers chance I guess..

Thought Roses win was a gift, she's too inconsistent for me. War Weili by stoppage.

Gaethje to KO Chandler. Hopefully he's worked on his tdd, it's more relevant at the higher level. As I'm sure they've seen with Dariush & Makhechev. Who might fight each other next. Both deserve titleshots, before either of these two.

Velius

Banned
I know people love to hate on Covington but the dude has massive heart. Those last two rounds with Usman he had a broken jaw. He was also up on the cards until the stoppage.

Usman's been working on that jab though, ask Jorge

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Usman in the cage is a fucking monster. however both him and Covington are doped to the gills.... their stamina is unworldy. will make for a hell of a fight just like the last one.... convington is as much of a warrior as Marty, never count him out

GymWolf

Dana squeaked at the push. It's WWE atm, pretty Meh.

Usman by KO for me, 3rd round. Colby has a punchers chance I guess..

Thought Roses win was a gift, she's too inconsistent for me. War Weili by stoppage.

Gaethje to KO Chandler. Hopefully he's worked on his tdd, it's more relevant at the higher level. As I'm sure they've seen with Dariush & Makhechev. Who might fight each other next. Both deserve titleshots, before either of these two.
Colby has pillow hands, so even the puncher chance is out of the window...

If the brutal hooks from durinho were not enough to dispatch marty, colby has basically no chance of KOing him...

The only way i see colby catching usman is for marty to shot a takedown and colby countering with a kick-knee to his face in the same moment.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Yeah there's something about him that made me dislike him from the start. Same goes for Colby so yeah.
Colby is fake in the sense that a wrestler is fake. It's an act. Marty is fake in that he's that kid in school who tried to chameleon his way into every different social circle to fit in but never quite does. One day he's a nerd, one day he's a jock, one day he's a thug. He has no real personality.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Colby is fake in the sense that a wrestler is fake. It's an act. Marty is fake in that he's that kid in school who tried to chameleon his way into every different social circle to fit in but never quite does. One day he's a nerd, one day he's a jock, one day he's a thug. He has no real personality.

Thats exactly it. Couldn't have said it better myself.

If anyone's planning to try & catch the last three fights initially be careful, as the Gaethje fight has been moved to first of the main. Whitman wants more time with Rose to prep & Kamaru as well I guess.

CMFbiQx.jpg

Colby had fans I guess, was gonna get axed because there weren't many. His fellow professionals didn't like him either. His heel act & pandering to certain circles was comical but got him support.

He hasn't beaten a current top 15 WW & is fighting for the title. Drama is part of the sport sadly.

Usmans game is evolving & should be enough for him to retire a WW great. Hope he starts dying down the act, as he seems a nice person.

Usman in the cage is a fucking monster. however both him and Covington are doped to the gills.... their stamina is unworldy. will make for a hell of a fight just like the last one.... convington is as much of a warrior as Marty, never count him out

Kamaru is an outlier, his speed, power & stamina he's worked hard at. Colby the CEO of epo is an idiot. Repeat it long enough & certain fans will believe it. Bargain basement psychology.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
main card ppv about to start I guess my picks are gaethje, not sure about burgos vs. quarantillo, I’ll pick vera over edgar. and I got rose/usman for the rematches. don’t mind any surprises tho haha

SpiceRacz

Usman is still active, but his strikes are looking slower as the fight goes on. Colby's coming on strong. 2-2 I'd say at this point.

Top Bottom