• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 299: O'Malley vs. Vera 2 - Miami - March 9

Who wins: O'Malley or Vera? Poirier or Saint-Denis? Holland or Page?

• O’Malley, Poirier, Holland.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • O’Malley, Saint-Denis, Holland.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • O’Malley, Poirier, Page.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • O’Malley, Saint-Denis, Page.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Vera, Poirier, Holland.

• Vera, Saint-Denis, Holland.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vera, Poirier, Page.

• Vera, Saint-Denis, Page.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Little Mac

Gold Member

O’Malley, Poirier, Page​

Sam Heughan No GIF by Outlander

Ballthyrm

This is the best card in a long time. Great match up all through the card, really a toss up between many many of these fighters.
I have to support my fellow countryman Saint Denis.

It is really funny to think the main fight is one of the least interessing fight of the card.

Tonight there is the PFL Paris too and tomorrow is Ngannou-Joshua
I will be missing some sleep for sure

Pretty good card. Cool to see MVP coming to UFC. I give him the edge in the fight, Holland is solid though and is a dog through and through. There's been many fights I thought Poirier wouldn't have won so he has my support, but it's gonna be a tough fight.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Trump walking in there like a boss.

This has been a highly entertaining event. UFC really knows how to line up a show. Some good stuff even on the undercard (as usual).

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
for the main card i picked vera, poirier and holland. going with vera cuz he beat omalley last time, saint denis been looking like a killer but I’m still going with poirier even tho he got KO’d his last fight and hes on the tail end of his career, haven’t seen mvp fight I know he was a top guy in bellator tho but I’ll still go with holland.

LiquidMetal14

Was sad to see Ngannou go out like he did last night. Always tough to see the ones you admire get done like that. I don't even like watching the replay. Credit to him and I hope he has some good fights left in him in the PFL. He may be 38 by the next fight but the octagon is his domain. I would imagine he would kill Joshua in MMA but that punch is hard to ignore.

I said this yesterday in the other thread as well - I wouldn't judge this as an indicment on any of the fighters like Fury, Joshua, or Ngannou. Fury was a fat mess and still barely won (debatable but I scored it as a slight victory for Fury myself). It's really a shame about that cut on Fury as I think he was looking way more ring ready for Usyk than Ngannou. We are getting quite the treat in the next few months between MMA and even some boxing (for once lol).

LiquidMetal14

MVP did well given it was Holland. He defended well albeit Holland isn't the strongest on the ground vs other potential competition. I did come away impressed with MVP even if it's risky. He's good at what he does though.

LiquidMetal14

I expected Porier to not win that as both were giving it a lot. He's a real man for fighting the way he does and I couldn't be happier for a win. What a great show this has been.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
congrats to O'malley didn't expect that domination chito is super tough to go the distance maybe we get merab next up

Last edited:
Top Bottom