• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Trolls and SlimySnake Go After Neil Druckmann At The Golden Globes

blue velvet

This is kinda blowing up all over twitter with Neil haters coming out in full force retweeting the crap out of the Variety tweet showing Neil just standing there with no pictures being taken. Seems like no one had any clue who he was and decided to ignore him. lol

Absolutely brutal. I am getting second hand embarrassment from watching this. Lets hope he learns from this and goes back to directing games.

Game devs like Kojima and the likes who constantly beg for validation from the film industry will always be cringey to me. Stay on your own lane, videogame still is the lowest form of medium, the writing in most are still horrendous, just keep making entertaining games for people to play.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
CJ8Bz8W.jpg

Aww tlou2 saltmine
The treasure that keeps giving

I imagine abby licking the salty tears of the fanboys

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think we should all change our avatar pictures to ones of Neil at the golden globes out of solidarity for our fellow brethren of games.

Moses85

Why this brutal hate? Because he let Joel die in TLOU2?

I like him more than the attention-craving, self-absorbed, I am the God of video games thinking Hideo Kojima

kyussman

Why this brutal hate? Because he let Joel die in TLOU2?

I like him more than the attention-craving, self-absorbed, I am the God of video games thinking Hideo Kojima
Killing Joel was certainly a punch in the face for fans......but in hindsight(I didn't know about trans stuff then what I know now)it was the promotion of trans teens that put me off him,given how many of the poor kids lives are being ruined right now by crazy trans zealot adults who should really know better,siding with those dangerous loons is a sure way to loose my support.Fuck this guy!

Three

How much did the first one sell? if it's not mid, why has the second sold significantly less instead of growing the brand? because it's mid.
What direct sequel of a big game sold more than the first instalment? Wouldn't really make sense, especially with game sales declining in general and other factors coming into play. The only way something like that is more likely is if some relatively unknown game goes to a sub and then the sequel doesn't.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Seems like a pretty huge difference to me.

“Waaaaa! I don’t like Neil Druckmann because he was nice to trans people!”

”Waaaaa! I don’t like Hogwarts Legacy because JK Rowling said things I don’t like about trans people!”

Exactly. The. Same.

Whining snowflake bigots who can’t stand it when something they don’t approve of is popular.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
“Waaaaa! I don’t like Neil Druckmann because he was nice to trans people!”

”Waaaaa! I don’t like Hogwarts Legacy because JK Rowling said things I don’t like about trans people!”

Exactly. The. Same.

Whining snowflake bigots who can’t stand it when something they don’t approve of is popular.

It isn't the same. Rowling thinks people with a penis are males, Druckmann doesn't. (Correction: he says he doesn't. In reality, he's a liar and is part of the gaslighting of society which is currently going on.)

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It isn't the same. Rowling thinks people with a penis are males, Druckmann doesn't. (Correction: he says he doesn't. In reality, he's a liar and is part of the gaslighting of society which is currently going on.)

So, someone having an opinion that you disagree with deserves to be trolled the way Druckmann is, yes?

Because I don’t fucking agree with what Druckmann thinks either, but I don’t feel the need to whine and complain about it endlessly, and try to minimise how massively successful The Last Of Us is.

That’s why it’s exactly the same as the Era screamers trying to minimise and boycott JK Rowling.

The mature thing is to disagree, accept, and move on with your fucking life… not spend hours on social media whining, and trying to convince everyone else
how dreadful those people are, and how awful the things they’ve made are.

It’s pathetic.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Joel was the least of the problems TLOU2 had. From gameplay and set piece point of view I find it superior to the first game. But narrative wise its way worse.

Cuckmann openly said Sarkeesian influenced his game design. Which I find extremely strange. Because he must be a smart person, with some expertise in gaming and its industry. He must know the amount of perfectly built males in games, the amount of games with strong women (like RE, Dino Crisis, Tomb Raider, Perfect Dark etc etc). The amount of games where you brutally kill men.

And then, he says Sarkeesian loves video games. While she flat out stated the opposite. This is everything you need to know. Why give such a person a platform, and why actually parrot her? This simp behavior is next level.

DrFigs

kind of pathetic to pick on someone like this tbh. the tweets themselves are silly. yeah for sure the reason people are making fun of him is because he "forced his employees to work overtime". yeah that tracks as something people actually care about. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
So, someone having an opinion that you disagree with deserves to be trolled the way Druckmann is, yes?

Because I don’t fucking agree with what Druckmann thinks either, but I don’t feel the need to whine and complain about it endlessly, and try to minimise how massively successful The Last Of Us is.

That’s why it’s exactly the same as the Era screamers trying to minimise and boycott JK Rowling.

The mature thing is to disagree, accept, and move on with your fucking life… not spend hours on social media whining, and trying to convince everyone else
how dreadful those people are, and how awful the things they’ve made are.

It’s pathetic.

Druckmann deserves it because he's getting a taste of his own medicine. Rowling doesn't because all she ever said that was supposedly 'controversial' was that people with penises aren't women.

DanielG165

Actually the flash allows you to control direction, quality, amount of light. In fact many photographers use a flash in the day to smooth out skin tones, bring light to the eyes, and smooth out shadows. This means a lot less Lightroom time.
Yup. Flash is used for many more things other than brightening up a darker/low light scene.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

You know, people don't need to like the guy, not everyone should be forced to. But the weird almost "dislike obsession" is pretty bizarre to me. I still don't understand wants so funny or amusing about the clip. He's doing the exact same thing that other goers did, and from what I can tell his clip looks no different than others of bigger celebrities that I've seen. 🤷‍♂️

nial

Gold Member
People here condemn publishers for having unrealistic sales expectations for certain titles, but then consider that ONLY selling 15 million is representative of a 'mid' game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Oh shit, there really is one photo
81st-annual-golden-globe-awards-arrivals.jpg

This was the flash at the beginning btw

Last edited:
its funny how many people shit all over him when he's accomplished more in his lifetime than probably 95 percent of the people on this planet. The man does what he absolutely loves for a living and people consume it. I guarantee if his next new IP is a 10 all these losers making negative comments will be sitting in mom and dads basement with dick in one hand rubbing one out to him..especially the haters for TLOU2..you know the folks still in the closet thinking if they're loud enough online no one will pick up on their insecurities and self loathing...

ManaByte

Gold Member
Tried to issue an apology post in this topic about the things I said about a certain game dev, because I was being a bit of a trolling douchenozzle and it got insta deleted by some trigger happy mod who saw the word "cuck" and decided to not read further to see the much important details. To the mod that lacked reading comprehension and deleted my post: Go fuck yourself.
29ghuad8252c1.gif

Top Bottom