• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Trolls and SlimySnake Go After Neil Druckmann At The Golden Globes

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is kinda blowing up all over twitter with Neil haters coming out in full force retweeting the crap out of the Variety tweet showing Neil just standing there with no pictures being taken. Seems like no one had any clue who he was and decided to ignore him. lol

Absolutely brutal. I am getting second hand embarrassment from watching this. Lets hope he learns from this and goes back to directing games.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
How has it had 17 million views? Has it gone viral or something?

Poor lad, he's been cucked.
Twitter manipulates the view counts, but yes it went viral. just look at the likes on the original Variety 3k tweet and then the likes on the retweets 56k and 44k. Other tweets I didnt link keep popping up going viral in gaming circles.

Seems people really dislike Neil and what he did or did not do to Amy and Bruce Straley. lol

Topher

Gold Member
yeah how embarrassing, getting invited to the red carpet at golden globes

Yeah......so many video game devs are invited and overtaken by the Hollywood mob, right?

200.gif

RickSanchez

Gold Member
just standing there with no pictures being taken

Are you sure of that ? It looks like he is looking somewhere specific, stops and poses, for a good long while. Why would he be stupid enough just to keep standing there for so long if no one was clicking ? Maybe pictures are being taken by a few fans on their phones. No flashes doesnt mean no pictures are being taken.

Even without the context of it being a game adaptation, The Last of Us is one of the better shows of 2023.

Like most of you wouldn't go with that flow if you created a game everyone keeps telling you is revolutionary and then offers you an HBO show and all that.

I don't even like this guy but stop being silly.

Bond007

That sucks and i cant speak for a man i dont know or ever met. I also cant speak for how he runs his developments.
But hes accomplished plenty and is at the Globes getting awards and overall being successfull.

It in my eyes is unprofessional of photogs to not know who is approaching for photos regardless. Everyone there is being recognized in some form or other.

On top of that- these days everything is taken out of context. So who knows that the F is happening

cormack12

Gold Member
Are you sure of that ? It looks like he is looking somewhere specific, stops and poses, for a good long while. Why would he be stupid enough just to keep standing there for so long if no one was clicking ? Maybe pictures are being taken by a few fans on their phones. No flashes doesnt mean no pictures are being taken.

Even without the context of it being a game adaptation, The Last of Us is one of the better shows of 2023.
He is doing the mocap for photo mode.

Killer8

This is such a non-story. You don't get nearly as many camera clicks as you once did because almost everything is digital now and even captured on camera phones. People are still imagining that we're in the 90s. Why would you need flash either when the area is already lit because it's primed as the photo-op area?

StueyDuck

This is kinda blowing up all over twitter with Neil haters coming out in full force retweeting the crap out of the Variety tweet showing Neil just standing there with no pictures being taken. Seems like no one had any clue who he was and decided to ignore him. lol

Absolutely brutal. I am getting second hand embarrassment from watching this. Lets hope he learns from this and goes back to directing games.

Good to see Hollywood is still super childish (and jealous) towards gaming.

Gonna change their tune when game adaptations start becoming the new trend after Mario and TLoU

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This is such a non-story. You don't get nearly as many camera clicks as you once did because almost everything is digital now and even captured on camera phones. People are still imagining that we're in the 90s. Why would you need flash either when the area is already lit because it's primed as the photo-op area?

golden-globes-feat-1024x576.jpg

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Doom85

You see a lot more flashes and cameramen asking these people to turn so they can take better pictures.

Neil got one camera flash at the start and then no one bothered lmao

If not being as famous as TAYLOR SWIFT counts as “no one knowing who you are”, well holy shit, almost every major actor ever must be total nobodies.

Also, it’s the fucking Golden Globes. Like they know who video game people are. At most, Miyamoto MIGHT get lucky if he made an appearance, but probably no one outside of that. This isn’t TGA.

Top Bottom