• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Trolls and SlimySnake Go After Neil Druckmann At The Golden Globes

hyperbertha

Twitter manipulates the view counts, but yes it went viral. just look at the likes on the original Variety 3k tweet and then the likes on the retweets 56k and 44k. Other tweets I didnt link keep popping up going viral in gaming circles.

Seems people really dislike Neil and what he did or did not do to Amy and Bruce Straley. lol
I think it's on purpose due to heavy s stance on israel. They've fully turned on him

willothedog

This is such a non-story. You don't get nearly as many camera clicks as you once did because almost everything is digital now and even captured on camera phones. People are still imagining that we're in the 90s. Why would you need flash either when the area is already lit because it's primed as the photo-op area?
The Taylor swift vid posted earlier from the same event disproves that.

Sethbacca

Nobody outside hardcore gaming forum nerds even have a clue who the guy is, nor would they recognize him. Shit, even I wouldn't recognize him and I'm one of those nerds. This is just a topic for dudes who hate him to jerk each other off.

FunkMiller

The desperation some people have to minimise the effect of the Last Of Us on popular culture is quite something.

Yes, Druckmann isn't exactly Taylor Swift... but he's the exec producer and creative lead on one of HBO's biggest shows of the year.

The thing that had the butch woman in it is very successful.

Get over it.

Last edited:

TheTurboFD

Yikes this reads like a sad Quartering video, "look guys there's no flash he's not important hahaha". You mean he's not important but was able to go to the Golden Globes for a show based on his work? People are obsessed with this man in such an unhealthy way. I remember when people were calling TLOU2 a flop and the sales figures said otherwise.

Who cares?

If anything, it's another indictment of how Keighley needs to lay off the Hollywood circle jerk at The Game Awards. They don't give a fuck about video games or game developers.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If not being as famous as TAYLOR SWIFT counts as “no one knowing who you are”, well holy shit, almost every major actor ever must be total nobodies.

Also, it’s the fucking Golden Globes. Like they know who video game people are. At most, Miyamoto MIGHT get lucky if he made an appearance, but probably no one outside of that. This isn’t TGA.
No one said he needs to be as famous as Taylor Swift. People were saying the red carpet is too bright for flashes. The taylor swift video proves that cameras still have flashes in 2024.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
We needed the Golden Globes to confirm Neil Druckmann is no Taylor Swift.
Never would’ve guessed

soyAw1o.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The amount of reaching here.

I think he'll be proud that you're even attempting to compare him to her.
What am i reaching?

This is what you said:
That environment doesn't require a flash.

Have any of you ever used a DSLR/mirrorless camera before?
I showed you a video that shows the cameras at that event did have a flash. No where did I state that Taylor swift is comparable to Druckmann.

Three

"No camera flashes". You can blatantly hear the shutters on the cameras taking pics. The lighting condition didn't require a flash.

Dude has more money than all of us and created an IP that's generating him, Sony and Naughty Dog multiple games with GOTY awards and sales. That IP ended up getting a TV show and awards left and right with HBO having its biggest show since Game of Thrones...but sure...I'm sure he was devastated by that specific moment.

GHG

What am i reaching?

This is what you said:

I showed you a video that shows the cameras at that event did have a flash. No where did I state that Taylor swift is comparable to Druckmann.

You simply don't have a clue. The lighting conditions will change there over the course of the day. They have hundreds of people coming through the photo area, that takes time.

No flashes for Emily Blunt.

It's over for her guys. Who wants to make the thread?

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Not my screenshots, but...
qMCRzKH.png
7lpfVuH.png

h7AhFBd.png

These Twitter remarks are pretty stupid, like, something you'd expect an envious third-worlder to say, even as a third-worlder myself.

One of these days I'm going to have to subscribe to HBO+ so I can watch all these shows I keep hearing about and seeing memes about.
I used Bluray to watch Game of Thrones but that dosn't seem to exist anymore.

Majormaxxx

No one knows who he is. Big effin deal. Then whole thing is a nothing burger.

But around the midpoint of the clip he looks like he's cringing I'll give you that.

Anyways, since he's painfully ambitious as evidenced by the ND takeover, he'll make sure next year everyone knows him at the emmys.

GHG

There are constant flashes from 0:14-0:20.

"Constant" being 3 flashes?

Damn, so they only took 3 or 4 pictures of her judging by your logic. Pretty chill for the camera crews.

You're trying way too hard man, it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

gtabro

From the 2nd tweet:
>Forces workers to work overtime
Source? Proof? I know people at ND work hard and sometimes looong days, but never heard that Neil specifically pushes them to do that, is this yet another made-up narrative?

On topic: don't care. Still love TLOU 2 way too much in every way, yet I am still not much of TLOU 1 fan (but I respect what it did).

Top Bottom