• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Trolls and SlimySnake Go After Neil Druckmann At The Golden Globes

Topher

Gold Member
Xu2HQWN.png

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
"Constant" being 3 flashes?

Damn, so they only took 3 or 4 pictures of her judging by your logic. Pretty chill for the camera crews.

You're trying way too hard man, it's embarrassing.
I am not about to count but there were plenty. I just think its bizarre that you first said there are no flashes required then when i posted proof that there were cameras with flashes, you decided I was comparing him to Taylor swift then moved goalposts again posting a video of Emily Blunt saying there were no flashes. And when I finally timestamped your own evidence, you are counting flashes.

I think at the end of the day we can both agree that there was one flash for Neil Druckmann, and many more for other actors and actresses, and finally that cameras in 2024 still require flashes. The rest we can disagree on. Like I said in the OG post, Neil's haters are out in full force. Doesnt mean I agree with them. I just think its fucking embarrassing, and he needs to get back to making video games.

Lol pathetic from salty losers trying to take this man down a peg. You can dislike Druckmann's work but at the end of the day he's made the most compelling AAA video game narrative and has been heavily involved in a very good TV show. I respect him and obviously people are taking his picture. Unlike people moaning about him he isn't autistic enough to sit and pose that long for people not taking a picture of him.

Doesnt mean I agree with them. I just think its fucking embarrassing, and he needs to get back to making video games.

Why? He made a great TV show. He can make whatever he wants and I don't know why it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

Generic

He not created the franchise lmao TLOUSpart2 is a continuation of a IP.

You guys and Cuckman need a reality check. Stop smelling your own farts for a change.
Yes he created it. The Last of Us started as a comic book pitch by Druckmann.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
literally Kojima does all of those things.
You dont think people crunch at KOJIPro?
Kojima wants to be in Hollywood more than Neil, you kidding?
He literally hires hollywood actors to fufill his fantasies

"Represent(ative) of bad opinions"
Not my screenshots, but...
qMCRzKH.png
7lpfVuH.png

h7AhFBd.png

These Twitter remarks are pretty stupid, like, something you'd expect an envious third-worlder to say, even as a third-worlder myself.

LMAO which one of you cuckman whores went and did that Twitter context?

TexMex

I am not about to count but there were plenty. I just think its bizarre that you first said there are no flashes required then when i posted proof that there were cameras with flashes, you decided I was comparing him to Taylor swift then moved goalposts again posting a video of Emily Blunt saying there were no flashes. And when I finally timestamped your own evidence, you are counting flashes.

I think at the end of the day we can both agree that there was one flash for Neil Druckmann, and many more for other actors and actresses, and finally that cameras in 2024 still require flashes. The rest we can disagree on. Like I said in the OG post, Neil's haters are out in full force. Doesnt mean I agree with them. I just think its fucking embarrassing, and he needs to get back to making video games.

Every time you reply, you sound like an even bigger dope. Take the L with a little humility and try again tomorrow.

VulcanRaven

Well nobody at an actual industry event with A list stars and talent gives a fuck about him but fortunately the good people of neogaf the gaming forum can love and defend him and his work
For the most people outside gaming circles he is just a name in the opening credits of the HBO show. Its not suprising that he didn't get a celebrity reaction.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
the sad thing is he didnt even write the story for last of us 1 Bruce Straley was the lead director on The Last of Us, but he left Naughty Dog in 2017. Leaving Druckmann in charge. Hence the stark contrast between the two.
Neil wrote the story for part 1

Topher

Gold Member
the sad thing is he didnt even write the story for last of us 1 Bruce Straley was the lead director on The Last of Us, but he left Naughty Dog in 2017. Leaving Druckmann in charge. Hence the stark contrast between the two.

Not true. Neil Druckmann was the Creative Director. Bruce Straley was the Game Director. Both were involved in the story.

GHG

Wow you're doubling down.

Lighting conditions don't always necessitate a flash. The time of day and lighting conditions will change as people move through the red carpet (for example a cloud can make it necessary to use a flash in one moment but that same cloud might be gone the next). From what we can see in the video (and in the Emily Blunt one), the lighting conditions are bright which make it favourable to not use a flash if possible, you will get better photos.

The number of flashes doesn't indicate the number of photos taken, nor do shutter sounds since not all modern cameras use an audible mechanical shutter many now use a silent shutter and some even use an electronic one.

This is is not embarrassing for Drunkman, it's embarrassing for you.

Last edited:

Fake

Funny how people here think he write.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Nah he wrote the script. Neil was the creative director while Bruce was the game director but he did have input on the story. The original story had Tess as a villain but Bruce talked him out of it and thats basically the contributions he made to the story... i.e., talking Neil out of stupid decisions. Whats funny is that after Bruce left, Neil repurposed the same Tess arc and gave it to both Ellie and Abby. Something he himself had called contrived back in 2014 in a Reddit AMA. So yeah, in essence he needed someone like Bruce to keep him in check.

572hilrwq0aa1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom