• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter Trolls and SlimySnake Go After Neil Druckmann At The Golden Globes

NeoGAF when Neil Druckmann’s name comes up:

anakin skywalker hate GIF

DanielG165

I personally couldn’t care less about Druckmann, but as someone who owns a DSLR, among 3 other big cameras, and has done a number of genuine photo shoots/work for people, the specific conditions that Druckmann was in didn’t require a flash. Now, flash has many more uses other than to light up a scene and bring out details that would have otherwise been lost; you can make shots look more moody via flash, for instance. However, for the task of getting simple enough pictures of someone standing in mostly static poses in a static environment, with said environment being fairly lit at the time… You wouldn’t need the flash there.

You do, however, can hear camera shutters going off, indicating that photographers were indeed taking pictures at the time. Modern cameras have pretty quiet shutters, so it’s hard to hear, but the telltale noise is there. Again, couldn’t care less about the man if I tried, but I just wanted to provide a bit more clarity and context to the situation here, as someone who has used a DLSR as their main camera extensively for years now.

I personally couldn’t care less about Druckmann, but as someone who owns a DSLR, among 3 other big cameras, and has done a number of genuine photo shoots/work for people, the specific conditions that Druckmann was in didn’t require a flash. Now, flash has many more uses other than to light up a scene and bring out details that would have otherwise been lost; you can make shots look more moody via flash, for instance. However, for the task of getting simple enough pictures of someone standing in mostly static poses in a static environment, with said environment being fairly lit at the time… You wouldn’t need the flash there.

You do, however, can hear camera shutters going off, indicating that photographers were indeed taking pictures at the time. Modern cameras have pretty quiet shutters, so it’s hard to hear, but the telltale noise is there. Again, couldn’t care less about the man if I tried, but I just wanted to provide a bit more clarity and context to the situation here, as someone who has used a DLSR as their main camera extensively for years now.
NeoGAF just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about DSLRs (I'm an expert), but quiet shutters and not needing flash in specific conditions are huge parts of it.

im just messin around. This thread is mental

Last edited:

A.Romero

I find it funny that people can't let go of someone that made a game with a character they didn't like. Hundreds of people and games, thousands of characters and they still feel they need to cling to the one they didn't like.

I wonder what it means...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Chicago Med Nbc GIF by One Chicago

They don't want to know the truth.

DanielG165

NeoGAF just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about DSLRs (I'm an expert), but quiet shutters and not needing flash in specific conditions are huge parts of it.

im just messin around. This thread is mental
Hahaha, I’m definitely far from being a professional (one day!), but I know enough and have been around cameras long enough at least to see the type of situation here. This isn’t a slight against you at all, I know how text may sound like so I just wanted to say that!

Last edited:
Why are people always crying about this guy, the fact that a complete stranger can generate this type of reaction isn't healthy.

I read headlines - never the full articles - about attachment styles and can't help but think these people form some type of attachment to people in the public eye.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Tried to issue an apology post in this topic about the things I said about a certain game dev, because I was being a bit of a trolling douchenozzle and it got insta deleted by some trigger happy mod who saw the word "cuck" and decided to not read further to see the much important details. To the mod that lacked reading comprehension and deleted my post: Go fuck yourself.

Topher

Gold Member
Tried to issue an apology post in this topic about the things I said about a certain game dev, because I was being a bit of a trolling douchenozzle and it got insta deleted by some trigger happy mod who saw the word "cuck" and decided to not read further to see the much important details. To the mod that lacked reading comprehension and deleted my post: Go fuck yourself.
family guy suicide GIF

Pedro Motta

faceplant fail GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member

[Edit]Well my joke died lol. I'm cursed on image hosting now.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

This post is the most bipolar post of January 2024.

I TRIED TO APOLOGIZE.....GO FUCK YOURSELF

Keep trying, princess.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
That environment doesn't require a flash.

Have any of you ever used a DSLR/mirrorless camera before?

This thread and some of these tweets are what's embarrassing.
Actually the flash allows you to control direction, quality, amount of light. In fact many photographers use a flash in the day to smooth out skin tones, bring light to the eyes, and smooth out shadows. This means a lot less Lightroom time. Any decent photographer will tell you that. Every single one of those photographers could probably tell you exactly the ISO, aperture, and flash settings needed just by looking at the scene. You could get a good photo without a flash sure, but you’ll get a better one with the correct settings and usage. Flash is not just for darker scenes.

Problem nowadays is there are less people that actually know a lot of photography and more people running around with expensive digital full frame SLRs thinking they can get away with shooting everything at high ISOs because the grain is so minimal and watching YouTube videos.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Actually the flash allows you to control direction, quality, amount of light. In fact many photographers use a flash in the day to smooth out skin tones, bring light to the eyes, and smooth out shadows. This means a lot less Lightroom time. Any decent photographer will tell you that. Every single one of those photographers could probably tell you exactly the ISO, aperture, and flash settings needed just by looking at the scene. You could get a good photo without a flash sure, but you’ll get a better one with the correct settings and usage. Flash is not just for darker scenes.

Problem nowadays is there are less people that actually know a lot of photography and more people running around with expensive digital full frame SLRs thinking they can get away with shooting everything at high ISOs because the grain is so minimal and watching YouTube videos.

Moar like PhotographyLord79

Salz01

Real reason they couldn’t finish Factions 2 was because he was too busy picking out what suit to wear for this.

GHG

Don't disagree with anything you're saying but there will have been hundreds of photos taken without the flash across the period of the drunkman and Emily Blunt videos (hence we aren't seeing the flashes). In those scenarios the conditions clearly didn't necessitate a flash.

It depends on the lighting conditions, we aren't going to be able to tell the shutter speed settings etc required by looking at a second hand video which is already filmed by a camera, you would need to be there in person. Having said that though, from a glance it doesn't look like a scenario at would require higher ISO values (or one that would trigger higher ISO if you're using auto ISO).

Barakov

Gold Member
This is kinda blowing up all over twitter with Neil haters coming out in full force retweeting the crap out of the Variety tweet showing Neil just standing there with no pictures being taken. Seems like no one had any clue who he was and decided to ignore him. lol

Absolutely brutal. I am getting second hand embarrassment from watching this. Lets hope he learns from this and goes back to directing games.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Top Bottom