• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

Jarmel

Banned

(*) There were reports of discord between Pizzolatto and Fukunaga last season, and one of the new episodes features a visit to a film set with an Asian-American director styled to resemble Fukunaga, in a manner meant to be unflattering to one man, but which reflects more poorly on the other.

Kinda stunned that even if Pizzolatto had issues with Fukunaga that the director of the episode would approve of a potshot.

I'm confused by the people who are saying season one didn't get good until the back half. The show started great, got amazing by ep 4, and then petered off a bit to just "pretty good" by the end.

I'm hoping he spent more time on the last 3-4 eps this time around, but might just keep my ear to the impressions instead of watching the show week by week.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I'm confused by the people who are saying season one didn't get good until the back half. The show started great, got amazing by ep 4, and then petered off a bit to just "pretty good" by the end.

I'm hoping he spent more time on the last 3-4 eps this time around, but might just keep my ear to the impressions instead of watching the show week by week.

Yep, agreed. First 4-5 episodes was some of the best Television of all time. After that it went downhill but was still pretty good.

styl3s

I have a good feeling about this season.
So do i.

But, i am completely biased with anything involving Taylor Kitsch. Big storm is apparently about to pass through so i have to frantically find a old surge protector to power my modem/router so in case it does get bad i can pull the plug on all my expensive shit but still have internet to stream it to my ipad.

Hate lightning.

i think it'll be good. but sepinwall not liking it worries me.

i'm coming into it without any expectations though. worst case it's a procedural. meh. standards were always going to be high going into this season. the first season was right up there with The Wire and The Sopranos, so i'll be fine with the drop in quality.

Besides, not much to do during the dog days of summer.

Robot Pants

i think it'll be good. but sepinwall not liking it worries me.

i'm coming into it without any expectations though. worst case it's a procedural. meh. standards were always going to be high going into this season. the first season was right up there with The Wire and The Sopranos, so i'll be fine with the drop in quality.

Besides, not much to do during the dog days of summer.
I guess. The first 6 episodes were the Wire seasons 1-4 and episodes 7 and 8 were season 5.

massively disappointing end game to the first season. Really soured me on anything pizzaman related.

Squalor

That was some awful direction and cinematography on the zoom and "tension" noise as he was getting questioned.

spyder_ur

Wow, the opening is even a letdown...

Should have kept season one's or used the song from the trailers.

This new T. Bone song is weak.

Fat ginger son, dock another point.

That was some awful direction and cinematography on the zoom and "tension" noise as he was getting questioned.

Seems like maybe you shouldn't watch since you will not enjoy it, or maybe not post. It's been less than 10 minutes.

You're right.

Since we're eight minutes in, I can't judge one fucking moment that happened...

Oh, wait.

You came in with a bias and are now scrutinizing every single second pretending that EVERYTHING is awful?

Yes. You're not being critical in the least. It's all emotional. Let's let the episode finish at least.

Top Bottom