• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

Pooya

Even if it's bad I will probably can't not watch this :| bring it. It really can't be too bad, it just seems like Pazzaman tried his hardest to make opposite of first season, which is fine, but maybe tried way too hard and it might end up a little comical now. We'll see.

Even if it's bad I will probably can't not watch this :| bring it. It really can't be too bad, it just seems like Pazzaman tried his hardest to make opposite of first season, which is fine, but maybe tried way too hard and it might end up a little comical now. We'll see.

720x405-4615797431tl15.jpg

I'm rewatching the ending of Season One.

McConoughey just kills it. Just tugs the shit outta the heartstrings. The chemistry between him and Harrelson is just... lightning in a bottle.

Really hoping the actors nail this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sepinwall and Feinberg were not kind on their podcast, although they were hoping that it gets better after episode 3.

I think the shittiness of HBO comedies that will air after True Dick made True Dick seem better by comparison. They really hated that Jack Black show.

hydruxo

I'm rewatching the ending of Season One.

McConoughey just kills it. Just tugs the shit outta the heartstrings. The chemistry between him and Harrelson is just... lightning in a bottle.

Really hoping the actors nail this.

I love the final scene, the last line and how they pan up to the stars especially.

kaskade

So is consensus so far pretty good but not like the first? This is only from the first 3 episodes though. I feel like the first season didn't really grip me until the 2nd or 3rd episodes anyway and was actually more enjoyable for me the second time through. It's the only season of TV I've actually purchased on Blu-Ray.

Still super excited.

So is consensus so far pretty good but not like the first? This is only from the first 3 episodes though. I feel like the first season didn't really grip me until the 2nd or 3rd episodes anyway and was actually more enjoyable for me the second time through. It's the only season of TV I've actually purchased on Blu-Ray.

Still super excited.

So far previews seem to be that it's disappointing and plays it safe story and structure wise compared to season 1. And unfortunately after a season that was as highly regarded as S1 of TD, having a disappointing S2 will only ever get it compared to the first. So expect negative reviews. But they've only seen the first 2-3 episodes so it's hard to tell how the show will turn out. S1 had me hooked pretty early on if not halfway there.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just watch the episodes when they come out. Lets not indulge too much into reviews and their fancy wordings. Everyone's going to hate it before they even start watching.

On a side note, this track is apparently the season 2 intro theme. I like it. Different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=236&v=AD16dKpi8uQ

Consider it a spoiler, I guess. Don't click if you want to stay in the dark till the show comes on air.

GRW810

Been re-watching S1 in the build up to the new season. That show really knocked it out of the park. Such good TV.

I don't think S2 has any chance of matching up to it but I hope it is good enough on its own merits. I'd be happy to get three or four seasons of different stories.

Kin5290

I'm watching Murder in the First. I need this show, even if it never lives up to the first season.

And also because of Rachel McAdams.

Reading these mixed reviews have a similiar complaint, but lets be honest the first 3 episode of the first Season where not exactly magic either, it was after them the Season started to take its shine.

I think they like putting time into developing their cast first before going head in the plot, which is a slow roll but could be massive pay off

Almost done with Season 1 and dreading a new cast. It begs the question, will this be a trend going forward? New cast and location every season?

Excited for tonight. I'll decide for myself how good I think it is, and even if it turns out be inferior to season 1, which I expect it will, that still leaves plenty of room for it to be good/great.

Almost done with Season 1 and dreading a new cast. It begs the question, will this be a trend going forward? New cast and location every season?

Why not? Cohle and Harts story is finished. They could have come up with a new name, but I don't really care. Even if season 2 turns out to be shit, it won't affect season 1.

the first 3 episode of the first Season where not exactly magic either, it was after them the Season started to take its shine.
Season 1 was amazing from the beginning.
It's an anthology series. There will be new cast and new location every season. It was known from the get go, it's not exactly a secret.

Alpende

I don't really care about the reviews, I'll see it for myself. The stuff I've seen Farrell in where all pretty good/okay, this can't be worse.

Dennis

Banned
Those awful reviews, how many episodes are they basing it on? Is there hope?

I wonder if they can match the intro from Season 1. GOAT intro and song.

ezekial45

Banned
Looking forward to seeing it for myself. I'm glad the series is back, but I can't deny I'm a bit worried about how it'll come together.

The Summer's HBO lineup seems pretty sparse compared to the awesomeness of Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley and Veep over the last few weeks.

Hopefully, this season of True Detective has a major turnaround after what is apparently a mediocre beginning.

Shredderi

Just rewatched the first season yesterday. It is so god damn good. Best detective drama I've ever seen on tv. I just love the format of a beginning and the end in a short season. No filler. The reason I'm not overtly excited for season 2 is not because I don't think it could be an excellent season, but because the first one was so fucking good that it just can't live up to that. In the end it really doesn't have to in order to be good but still.

~Kinggi~

Banned
been on blackout with this. Havent even seen a trailer. Only know some reviews were underwhelming. Will still watch. Hoping for the best.

Jarmel

Banned
Really worried about that dialogue hit. The conversations in the first season were one of the best elements of the show.

Top Bottom