• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective Season 4 to star Jodie Foster

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The new season of the anthology crime series was first reported as being in development in March 2022, though no official plot details were confirmed at that time.

Now it is known that In the fourth season, when the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers (Foster) and Evangeline Navarro will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves, and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice

Cautiously hyped

ManaByte

Gold Member
Season 1 still has yet to be surpassed imo.
alexandra daddario GIF

SJRB

Gold Member
Season 1 is amazing, 2 is terrible, 3 is great.

Season 1 works because of the backwater bayou setting combined with subtle flavors of occultism, which the show totally drops in the subsequent seasons. Season 3 is still great as a police detective thriller, so definitely give it a shot.

Sweet. She's awesome and will kill this role. Do we know who her co-star is going to be? Series has been that running theme of partners. Totally enjoyed S2 and S3 but S1 was the standout, tough to follow up Woody and Matthew.

clarky

Gold Member
Season 1 was probably one of the greatest shows of all time, funny because season 2 is so laughably bad , im not sure how its possible to shit the bed so much. Season 3 starts promisingly enough but turns into another car crash, and that ending o my days, fuck off.

Maybe 4 will be better but im not holding my breath.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
6 men in the Artic vanish without a trace... count me the fuck in :)

S1 was easily one of the best shows ever, S2 was such a let down and such a borefest i never even bothered with S3.. but this premise is right up my alley, *please be a shapeshifting alien organism!!!!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
6 men in the Artic vanish without a trace... count me the fuck in :)

S1 was easily one of the best shows ever, S2 was such a let down and such a borefest i never even bothered with S3.. but this premise is right up my alley, *please be a shapeshifting alien organism!!!!

Season 3 is worth watching and way better than season 2.

As long as its like the first season and not the second dumpster fire season I'm all in. The first season was hands down the best detective drama ever imo. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson together are absolute succulent perfection!

season 1 was great except the dumb ending. Season 2 was bad except for like 2 episodes. Season 3 was decent because of the main guys acting, but another unsatisfying end.

i will watch anything with Jodie Foster. so bring it on i guess

Konnor

Despite the fuckups of season 2 I still think the third one was the worst, there was nothing memorable about it and the personal drama of the main character was boring as fuck. I prefer stuff that can be pretty bad but they have something to keep you interested than boring mediocrity. Hopefully Jodie Foster can save this show.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
"Now it is known that in the fourth season, when the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers (Foster) and Evangeline Navarro will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves, and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice."

Hmmmmm, reminds me of this...

^ Amazing show btw, the cinematography, acting/cast, atmosphere etc are spot-on and it was pretty original for its time, also, it just goes utterly bonkers after season 1, give it a go if you're into "weird" stuff - trailer doesn't even begin to convey the whole craziness of the show, basically, without spoiling stuff, shit isn't what it seems and i'll leave it at that.

I'm not expecting TD season 4 to be the same obviously but the "darkness they carry in themselves" and "dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice" bits do sound similar (kind of).

Now, let's hope it won't be yet another simple/formulaic "cops try to unveil murder mystery that the locals tried to hide ®" 'cause this type of scenario has been played to death.

Anyway, let's wait and see, Jodie is always cool ;)

Last edited:

DKehoe

season 1 was great except the dumb ending. Season 2 was bad except for like 2 episodes. Season 3 was decent because of the main guys acting, but another unsatisfying end.

i will watch anything with Jodie Foster. so bring it on i guess
What didn't you like about the ending of season 1?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Season 3 was much better than 2, but it still had the same issues season 1 had towards the end. The writer needs to figure out how to make better villains and endings.

I think Season 3 focused way too much on the drama between characters. We had that in season 1, but it felt far more organic.

Casting Jodie Foster in a detective role is a ingenious idea. I cant believe no one thought of this after Silence of the Lambs. This is going to be perfect.

GeekyDad

Holy...shit!

Don't care what it's about. I'm in. Loved Season 1 (the others haven't enticed me, so haven't watched them). And Jodie Foster. She sounds like so the perfect choice to star in this series. Wow.

sinnergy

I’ll try season 3, I hated season 2, loved the first season. Maybe 4 will be great again.

Last edited:
Season 1 was great. Season 2 was a different show. Season 3, was also a different show, but it was at least acted... sorta...Who the hell knows with Season 4? Their track record is so discombobulated with random instances of genius and stupid in equal amounts that predictions for any kind of season 4 would purely be speculation.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I fell off hard after the first season. Are the next two worth going back to watch?

Season 3 is good/great. Season 2 is a total skip.

That guy is an absolute monster. Crazy how often he is ignored in best actor discussions.

That guy is an absolute monster. Crazy how often he is ignored in best actor discussions.

His romantic comedy movies clichéd him into that role in the minds of many, sadly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom