• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

Zeroing

Banned
You better stop it, Brazil ain’t for amateurs, I live here and I can barely make sense of anything, it will do you no good to even attempt to understand what is going on.
Trust me I do not. Btw my aunt is brazilian, carioca. I've visited Brazil before. I had to use a fake accent because nobody would understand me :(

tommib

Trust me I do not. Btw my aunt is brazilian, carioca. I've visited Brazil before. I had to use a fake accent because nobody would understand me :(
We have to admit that European Portuguese is fucked up. Most people in Europe think we’re talking Polish or Ukrainian or something. Not surprised Brazilians can barely understand us.

Zeroing

Banned
We have to admit that European Portuguese is fucked up. Most people in Europe think we’re talking Polish or Ukrainian or something. Not surprised Brazilians can barely understand us.
It is true, we do sound like polish and people are afraid we are going to spit on them... I blame the Rrr's

Vognerful

ethomaz... is this you fam?

A quick analysis of the writing styles makes it very probable. Welcome back bro :messenger_beaming:
His genius allowed him all efforts by our mods. But alas.....
80S Vhs GIF

His genius allowed him all efforts by our mods. But alas.....
80S Vhs GIF
Everyone from Brazil is the same person? That's racists.

I love how you guys got obsessed with me, over the fact I'm not a big Phil Spencer fan and that's about it. I never went after a single one of you, I don't even keep track of your names.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
If its coming to xbox, I think its because it's multiplatform. I can't see kojiima ever signing to make an xbox exclusive. There's nothing pointing to it at all apart from Jeff grubb. If it's true though, grubb deserves alot of credit for this. He's taken alot shit for it.
Kojima needs to fund these games. He can't rely on Konami's money anymore. Why wouldn't he take Microsoft's money? It spends just as well as sony's

begotten

If Del Toro is involved, I don't care what it's releasing on I just want to play it.

A horror game with his involvement is above any kind of petty console warring crap, just look at what he did with P.T. Most of the ideas came from his mind, Kojima just translated that into a teaser demo.

The industry and (in particular) horror games need this after the cancellation of Silent Hills.

Vognerful

Everyone from Brazil is the same person? That's racists.

I love how you guys got obsessed with me, over the fact I'm not a big Phil Spencer fan and that's about it. I never went after a single one of you, I don't even keep track of your names.
Nah, we miss you bro.
head pats GIF

Kojima needs to fund these games. He can't rely on Konami's money anymore. Why wouldn't he take Microsoft's money? It spends just as well as sony's

It's not money but more to do with fanbase. It's no surprise that most kojima fans would be on PS with how many exclusives he has made for sony in the past.. but your right. Money is money and I wouldn't be that surprised If Microsoft were funding a game from him. They have said they want more Japanese support and kojima is a big name. Either way, as a long time kojima fan, I'll be playing his games wherever they are playable. It would actually make a nice change if he was working with Microsoft.

Lognor

Banned
It's not money but more to do with fanbase. It's no surprise that most kojima fans would be on PS with how many exclusives he has made for sony in the past.. but your right. Money is money and I wouldn't be that surprised If Microsoft were funding a game from him. They have said they want more Japanese support and kojima is a big name. Either way, as a long time kojima fan, I'll be playing his games wherever they are playable. It would actually make a nice change if he was working with Microsoft.
So naive! Ms would likely throw a ton of money at Kojima in order to build that fanbase on Xbox. You KNOW countless ppl would buy an Xbox to play his latest game.

How many exclusives has Kojima made for Sony? A few metal gear solid games, I think. Death stranding did come to pc. And of course his Xbox exclusive would come to pc too.

And to your point, you will follow Kojima. Maybe you have a pc that is capable of playing his next game. Or maybe you buy an Xbox. A lot of his fans would do the same. I don't think too many ppl would be upset if it didn't come to ps.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So naive! Ms would likely throw a ton of money at Kojima in order to build that fanbase on Xbox. You KNOW countless ppl would buy an Xbox to play his latest game.

What do they have to offer Kojima over what Sony do?

Bigger install base? A stronger following in Japan? Connections in the movie and TV industry? An established fanbase going back 20+ years? A pre-existing business and tech partnership?

That's a big NO to every point. So its pretty unlikely on the face of it.

And then of course there's the potential downside of what happens if he burns bridges with Sony or damages their existing relationship and the new project doesn't do great? Then what?

Objectively speaking, how any new partnership is going to turn out is not a certainty. Its a risk. Especially if Death Stranding is anything to go by and his future projects are going to be somewhat less than mainstream.

And to your point, you will follow Kojima. Maybe you have a pc that is capable of playing his next game. Or maybe you buy an Xbox. A lot of his fans would do the same. I don't think too many ppl would be upset if it didn't come to ps.
Yea, that's not how it works at all, if that was true port begging would be thing.

Could it happen sure? But I doubt it would be Kojima first option (but who knows how many options he has). There is little point in speculating until we find what is really going on anyway (hopefully tonight), it all goes back to Jeff Grubb talking about a letter of intent...

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
What do they have to offer Kojima over what Sony do?

Bigger install base? A stronger following in Japan? Connections in the movie and TV industry? An established fanbase going back 20+ years? A pre-existing business and tech partnership?

That's a big NO to every point. So its pretty unlikely on the face of it.

And then of course there's the potential downside of what happens if he burns bridges with Sony or damages their existing relationship and the new project doesn't do great? Then what?

Objectively speaking, how any new partnership is going to turn out is not a certainty. Its a risk. Especially if Death Stranding is anything to go by and his future projects are going to be somewhat less than mainstream.
Damn, you're really going to be struggling when Kojima's xbox game gets announced. Some of you all have been using this excuse that Sony gives him connections to the movie industry for YEARS. If kojima wanted to start making movies, why hasn't he??? He has had connections with Sony for years. So come off it. Ms is likely willing to pay more than Sony would for an exclusive from him. It's as simple as that. It's Kojima's studio now so he has to care about the Financials more than he ever did before.

And we know kojima has a very strong fanbase who will follow him wherever he goes. And the Good thing with this xbox exclusive, it'll be on pc day one. That is something Sony would NEVER allow. So ms does have Sony beat in one area.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

How many exclusives has Kojima made for Sony? A few metal gear solid games, I think. Death stranding did come to pc. And of course his Xbox exclusive would come to pc too.

You do know that it's not just money, it's about respect too. That's why RE4 exclusivity was lost by MS as they disrespected Mikami in a meeting. If you care about Xbox, you better hope their staff are more diplomatic than you.

Attempting to throw money at Nintendo led to a meeting where Nintendo literally laughed them out of the room.

Lognor

Banned
You do know that it's not just money, it's about respect too. That's why RE4 exclusivity was lost by MS as they disrespected Mikami in a meeting. If you care about Xbox, you better hope their staff are more diplomatic than you.

Attempting to throw money at Nintendo led to a meeting where Nintendo literally laughed them out of the room.
I think we'll find out on Sunday ;)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Damn, you're really going to be struggling when Kojima's xbox game gets announced. Some of you all have been using this excuse that Sony gives him connections to the movie industry for YEARS. If kojima wanted to start making movies, why hasn't he??? He has had connections with Sony for years. So come off it. Ms is likely willing to pay more than Sony would for an exclusive from him. It's as simple as that. It's Kojima's studio now so he has to care about the Financials more than he ever did before.

And we know kojima has a very strong fanbase who will follow him wherever he goes. And the Good thing with this xbox exclusive, it'll be on pc day one. That is something Sony would NEVER allow. So ms does have Sony beat in one area.

Just stop... When you have something more to contribute to the discussion than "MS has lots of money" maybe post something.

The reality is that Death Stranding was co-developed with Sony. Cutting them out would require a rethink of KojiPro's entire tech pipeline from mocap to engine down on the new project, because he'd no longer be a tier 1 partner for them.

Then of course there's the whole issue of MS development and publishing infrastructure in Japan not being very good historically. How keen is Kojima going to be dealing with the people who managed to fuck up Scalebound, their one AAA Japanese product of the last gen? In fact, lets be honest, Japanese sourced titles are just not Xbox's strong suit. Capcom have the best relationship historically and yet even they have not cut an exclusive deal with MS in years.

There should be an obvious clue in that over the entirety of their recent spending-spree, Japanese devs were notably absent from the acquisitions.

Lognor

Banned
Just stop... When you have something more to contribute to the discussion than "MS has lots of money" maybe post something.

The reality is that Death Stranding was co-developed with Sony. Cutting them out would require a rethink of KojiPro's entire tech pipeline from mocap to engine down on the new project, because he'd no longer be a tier 1 partner for them.

Then of course there's the whole issue of MS development and publishing infrastructure in Japan not being very good historically. How keen is Kojima going to be dealing with the people who managed to fuck up Scalebound, their one AAA Japanese product of the last gen? In fact, lets be honest, Japanese sourced titles are just not Xbox's strong suit. Capcom have the best relationship historically and yet even they have not cut an exclusive deal with MS in years.

There should be an obvious clue in that over the entirety of their recent spending-spree, Japanese devs were notably absent from the acquisitions.
Okay I'll stop it for now. But I have a Feeling I'll be giving you a shout out on Sunday. Lol

I personally hope this one IS PS Exclusive. I think Microsoft should spend their money elsewhere. Don't chase lost causes like they did with Scalebound with Platinum Games or True Fantasy Live Online from Level 5. Work with real partners who actually want to be a partner, and won't just utilize what they get from you to work on their real projects.

I personally hope this one IS PS Exclusive. I think Microsoft should spend their money elsewhere. Don't chase lost causes like they did with Scalebound with Platinum Games or True Fantasy Live Online from Level 5. Work with real partners who actually want to be a partner, and won't just utilize what they get from you to work on their real projects.

leaked by the same guy leaking all the other sony stuff so.. could be a sony published game.

Accusing Kojima of embezzlement now? Get help

FunkMiller

So is the logo leak confirmed with the three dots in the O?

Because that does seem a little too on the nose with Silent Hill to be a coincidence.

Lognor

Banned
From rumors kojima is working on an Xbox exclusive. I like horror games so I might be interested in this one. I'm not interested in stuff like death Stranding so something more experimental or with his shit writing and I'm out.

Top Bottom