• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mean it’s kind of obvious.

At this point nothing is obvious.

For all we know Overdose is an iOS game. That's just as likely knowing Kojima, as it is being a console game in the first place.

I won't believe any rumors until announced. And that snitch guy only has the Abandoned image as his twitter banner, he hasn't posted a single time about it, feels more like he's trolling with that image as the banner, especially after the recent massive Game Spot expose on Abandoned.

what is kojimas actual next game? overdose or death stranding 2? if overdoes is the xbox exclusive game than how can it be anywhere near ready if they were only in " talks" not long ago according to jeff grubb? what has kojima been doing since 2019 then? im more confused than ever. imagine nothing shows up at the xbox show? even more confusion.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

At this point nothing is obvious.

For all we know Overdose is an iOS game. That's just as likely knowing Kojima, as it is being a console game in the first place.

I won't believe any rumors until announced. And that snitch guy only has the Abandoned image as his twitter banner, he hasn't posted a single time about it, feels more like he's trolling with that image as the banner, especially after the recent massive Game Spot expose on Abandoned.
He’s been shown working at Sony’s motion capture studios, it’s obvious.

I thought the big project rumor is Death Stranding 2?
I find it very hard that Kojima would have the time to make 3 project

The rumors I’ve seen state that one project is episodic in nature while the other is a AAA title. If it’s split up like that then I can see his team working on multiple projects at once. Definitely don’t see him making multiple AAA titles at the same time.

adamsapple

He’s been shown working at Sony’s motion capture studios, it’s obvious.

RE Village was also motion captured at the Sony studio.

That means pretty much nothing.

Nor does him receiving the sony conferencing monitors.

what is kojimas actual next game? overdose or death stranding 2? if overdoes is the xbox exclusive game than how can it be anywhere near ready if they were only in " talks" not long ago according to jeff grubb? what has kojima been doing since 2019 then? im more confused than ever. imagine nothing shows up at the xbox show? even more confusion.

I think one of the rumors state that Overdose is episodic in nature.

Edit: Sorry I didn’t mean to say Overdose but one of his projects is episodic.

Last edited:
I didn’t mean THAT snitch.
cYL8KKm.gif

johnjohn

Well the Xbox showcase just got a little more interesting. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for Koijma now, an Xbox exclusive horror game from him would be pretty hype.

Last edited:
RE Village was also motion captured at the Sony studio.

That means pretty much nothing.

Nor does him receiving the sony conferencing monitors.

Only Grubb and his friend talked about Kojima having a bad relationship with Sony. But I haven’t really seen an indication of that from anywhere else.

Could it be possible he was using that Studio for a game playable on PlayStation?

Not exclusive mind you but playable on PlayStation.

adamsapple

It’s all spelt out quite clearly in this leak, but believe what you will.

Thats what I'm saying, don't believe anything until officially announced :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If we were to believe leaks, we know for over a year now that Kojima and Xbox are working on something, yet so many people refuse to want to believe that one for some reason.

Only Grubb and his friend talked about Kojima having a bad relationship with Sony. But I haven’t really seen an indication of that from anywhere else.

Could it be possible he was using that Studio for a game playable on PlayStation?

Not exclusive mind you but playable on PlayStation.

Sony lends out their SSM motion capture studios too, it's a good studio. Shooting there doesn't really mean anything one way or another.

Same as getting conferencing equipment. Kojima's running an office, of course he'll need tele-con equipment.

Anyway, I was 90% expecting Keighley to have Kojima at the show, and with him not being at the Keighleys, him appearing at the Xbox event just got a lot more likelier.

Last edited:
The rumors I’ve seen state that one project is episodic in nature while the other is a AAA title. If it’s split up like that then I can see his team working on multiple projects at once. Definitely don’t see him making multiple AAA titles at the same time.
There are actually 3 rumor project from Kojima not two
One is this Episodic game the other is New Silent Hill & last one is Death Stranding 2

Thats what I'm saying, don't believe anything until officially announced :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If we were to believe leaks, we know for over a year now that Kojima and Xbox are working on something, yet so many people refuse to want to believe that one for some reason.

What about the other rumors?

I think one of the rumors state that Overdose is episodic in nature.

Edit: Sorry I didn’t mean to say Overdose but one of his projects is episodic.

i dont know anymore. the speculation and rumours are so annoying at this point. to top it off sony are becoming annoyingly silent and seem reluctant to do any type of big show like they used to. they're so different than they were in the PS4 era. its honestly starting to piss me off.

There are actually 3 rumor project from Kojima not two
One is this Episodic game the other is New Silent Hill & last one is Death Stranding 2

I struggle to see how he can work on 3 projects at once. As for Silent Hill I don’t believe that rumor. Another Death Stranding does make sense but there’s no way it’s exclusive to Xbox. As for this episodic one that’s the only one that I can see any Xbox exclusivity for but then again it could be a multiplatform title as well.

i dont know anymore. the speculation and rumours are so annoying at this point. to top it off sony are becoming annoyingly silent and seem reluctant to do any type of big show like they used to. they're so different than they were in the PS4 era. its honestly starting to piss me off.

I guess if it doesn’t appear at Microsoft’s showcase we can assume it’s for some other event. Whether or not everything fits with what Grubb has been saying remains to be seen.

Calverz

I think the kojima stuff is PlayStation and more than likely ds2. Possible game awards reveal.
This stuff about overdose could have been a demo he made and presented to google and Xbox but never went anywhere.

Last edited:
Or maybe Kojima isn't announcing anything until December at TGA.

Kind of a leap to assume lack of news today = XBox exclusive.

bitbydeath

That was from Grubb, who’s known to be wrong a lot. This new source is batting a 100.

I struggle to see how he can work on 3 projects at once. As for Silent Hill I don’t believe that rumor. Another Death Stranding does make sense but there’s no way it’s exclusive to Xbox. As for this episodic one that’s the only one that I can see any Xbox exclusivity for but then again it could be a multiplatform title as well.
Death Stranding is a Sony IP why would it be exclsuive to Xbox?
Im talking bout this Overdose game lol

didnt xbox tease in a tweet that kojima may show up on their stage? may be reading too much into it but it could point to something but wouldnt be surprised if nothing happens. whenever i expect something to happen, it never does!

Last edited:

reforen

didnt xbox tease in a tweet that kojima may show up on their stage? may be reading too much into it but it could point to something but wouldnt be surprised if nothing happens. whenever i expect something to happen, it never does!
wasn't a tease, it's just a theory of the "xbox, xbox, xbox.... games" tweet just because Kojima appears in the video

Death Stranding is a Sony IP why would it be exclsuive to Xbox?
Im talking bout this Overdose game lol

Maybe but it’s weird how Overdose is a horror game and Kojima is also rumored to be making Silent Hill. Don’t think both are possible to be fair. Now as for Death Stranding 2 I can definitely see it happening after what the actor said.

Maybe but it’s weird how Overdose is a horror game and Kojima is also rumored to be making Silent Hill. Don’t think both are possible to be fair. Now as for Death Stranding 2 I can definitely see it happening after what the actor said.
If that is the case then Silent Hill from Kojima aka Abandoned is fake
So all things points back to what Jeff Grubb said over a year ago

But what about the Japanese publication that said it exists? Really strange how a couple years ago all these Silent Hill rumors started popping up.

Maybe it’s true that Silent Hill exists but it isn’t a Kojima game.

Corndog

Banned
Maybe overdose is death stranding 2.

Rac3r

Yes but the Gematsu article is more recent than Grubb's statement.

One thing for sure is that if Kojima is making an Xbox game, it definitely isn't Silent Hill.

Top Bottom