• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima took Phil Spencer to a Japanese ceremony to purify his new Xbox horror game OD

Draugoth

Gold Member
XC5hfSrTzPsmWAC3g7z7a3-1200-80.jpg

Hideo Kojima has revealed a fascinating tidbit about the development of his new Xbox horror game OD: He brought Xbox boss Phil Spencer and other members of the Microsoft gaming team to a traditional Japanese purification ceremony.

The picture seems to have been taken from a phone, but you can still pretty clearly see Spencer, Bond, and Kojima donning a ceremonial sash with Japanese text printed lengthwise.

"You know how before making horror movies or dramas, people go to a shrine for Oharai?" Kojima said. "Well, this is a scary game, so we did the Oharai ceremony with Microsoft."

Source

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Xbox horror game, eh

WitchHunter

Banned
XC5hfSrTzPsmWAC3g7z7a3-1200-80.jpg

Hideo Kojima has revealed a fascinating tidbit about the development of his new Xbox horror game OD: He brought Xbox boss Phil Spencer and other members of the Microsoft gaming team to a traditional Japanese purification ceremony.

The picture seems to have been taken from a phone, but you can still pretty clearly see Spencer, Bond, and Kojima donning a ceremonial sash with Japanese text printed lengthwise.

Source
They are now infested with yokai and other stowaway soul sucking demons. The brass is now influenced by them, game over. If they do anything stupid, you know why. Phil needs to drop some pounds, all that stress accumulated as fat and that's bad for health.

Last edited:

Ansphn

It feels like Kojima is just trolling them at this point. Like Phil is force to do a bunch of nonsense per contract.
Kojima is pretty much giving them a backhand slap. He's making sure doing a game for a bad brand brings him success so it does not ruin his reputation. Basically purifying the losing energy from his game due to its connection with Xbox.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Would be even funnier if OD will be on PS5 eventually, lol.
I doubt that it is even a console/PC game.

The general consensus among the hardcore Hideo Kojima fans (based on extensive analysis) is that it'll be sort of a phone game with face recognition that would keep track of your reactions and emotions as you play the game trying to not OD on fear. Or some bullshit along those lines.

To think that Silent Hills died for this...

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I doubt that it is even a console/PC game.

The general consensus among the hardcore Hideo Kojima fans (based on extensive analysis) is that it'll be sort of a phone game with face recognition that would keep track of your reactions and emotions as you play the game trying to not OD on fear. Or some bullshit along those lines.

To think that Silent Hills died for this...

As a Konami era Kojima Stan- we're talking MSX2 games, used to obsess over MG timeline, etc - I feel like Kojima has officially entered the "Big Boss," stage of his career. I.e. - the man is renowned and infamous for his status as one of the legends of the battlefield, but people who have fought wars with him can testify that they have absolutely no fucking clue what he's doing when he charges into the battlefield with boxes and balloons. Yet we're all too scared to question his leadership because, I mean, he has the Motherbase. He has an army. He's still the good guy, right? He's not enlisting child soldiers to guard his quicksand Swamp, right?!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is what happens when you keep giving Kojima money.

Next thing you know, he'll start drawing up neck-hands which act as a face mask .. and brush your teeth too.

Frwrd

I bet Phil was meditating and just before going into a trance, he ushered the following words:

We’re listening, and we hear you

Shin-Ra

I wonder if they’re giggling about Sarah Bond’s reaction to HK’s T-shirt.

Ty9f6eJ.jpeg

Not familiar with the subject matter, it might be entirely appropriate for a business meeting!

Lycoris Recoil?

Hideo Kojima praised Lycoris Recoil for its premise, unusual and yet so typical of anime: high school girls with licenses to kill work at a coffee shop. He praised the first episode's surprising intro, and shared some of the show's key visuals in his tweets, featuring protagonists Chitose and Takina.

🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom