• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

ParaSeoul

at9WBss.jpg

Horror... *sigh* No matter where it is I'll be too pussy to play it lmao. I can't play scary games. I can watch scary movies, but games are too immersive for me. I'm the type that will be going downstairs to grab a bottle of water late at night (if playing or watching something scary) then randomly get freaked out by something and start sprinting up the stairs, accidentally slipping and hitting knee on the stairs.

Yep.. the scary games ain't for me lmao. Even the flood sections of Halo freak me the fuck out, but I soldier through there.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The idea that Kojima would spend 20+ years cultivating an audience on Playstation and then denying them access to a new, major release seems pretty unlikely to me! I can see the appeal of getting them to pay a fuck-load of money for a day#1 release on GP of a title that's a bit of an edge-case commercially though.

Being honest, I suspect the most likely case is that his next project will be fully multi-platform with Xbox getting the announcement as publisher on Xbox.

Ohh found my secret love affair for Kojima Xbox Exclusive Hentai??
Please do share.
giphy.gif

The idea that Kojima would spend 20+ years cultivating an audience on Playstation and then denying them access to a new, major release seems pretty unlikely to me! I can see the appeal of getting them to pay a fuck-load of money for a day#1 release on GP of a title that's a bit of an edge-case commercially though.

Being honest, I suspect the most likely case is that his next project will be fully multi-platform with Xbox getting the announcement as publisher on Xbox.

I can't think Kojima and not think Playstation. It def. felt weird playing The Phantom Pain on PC at launch. Kojima and the Playstation brand have had such a mutually beneficial relationship.

Regardless, at least it'll hit PC, which is neutral ground.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
He said that during lockdowns Kojipro wasn't productive but during that period but during lockdown until now they released the Death Stranding PC port, Death Stranding Director's Cut and Death Stranding Director's Cut PC port plus they started to work in Death Stranding 2. And during that period they also opened a new studio in LA to make movies and tv stuff (they mentioned to be interested on making a movie, short film or anime) and in Japan they moved to a new office.

This with a team of around 80 people. I think they have been too busy to have another project, and Google officially debunked the rumor of the game for streaming that supposedly ended on MS after being cancelled by Stadia. Google said that they never had something from Kojipro, not even at pitch.

"Letter of intent" it's a Grubb excuse to justify the permanent lack of confirmation of this rumor until people forgets about it.

Game companies sign contracts with their publishing, marketing or exclusive deals, not letters of intent.

Google said that project never existed, that they talk with many devs but never had nothing from Kojipro, not even a pitch. And Kojipro has been very busy (see above). The rumor is fake bullshit.
Yeah. Let's believe Phil Harrison of all people.

Guy who praised Stadia's first party few days before shutting them all down.

I'm sure I trust him that he didn't have a pitch from Kojima 😂😂

Corndog

Banned
"someone doesn't care for my "insider" so not only I'll cry, I'll even throw insults around." 😂

The moment will never come too soon that some people realize what kind of literal pieces of shit those who leak developers' reveals for personal gain and/or clout are (assuming that they're even accurate, which is always a tall asumption), instead of letting devs announce the results of years of hard work on their own terms. 🤔
Spin.

So whats the over under on this being the Xbox game or the Sony game? Regardless the reactions will be fun to watch.
Tom is way more reliable than Grubb, please don't say Grubb is a reliable insider. He just says stuff and hopefully one of them becomes a reality.

Hopefully this is true, im on the side of hoping its multiplat rather than fans of each side desperate for it to be exclusive. Horror games already have a relatively niche audience, the more the merrier for success.
Hes like 70% from the field...not a bad insider at all.

Matsuchezz

I do not care if this is real or not, I am wondering if there is going to be a Hype Train, I mean a green Hype Train full of rumors, CGIs and InEngine Trailers.

This guy might have a leak/source inside Sony or might be an employee himself. If he also knows about the Kojima game…

What is the trick here, did this guy really post that image before the event?

I hope he is for real he liked the following tweet: "I beg bloober team stop making video games" :messenger_grinning_sweat:.

Last edited:
What is the trick here, did this guy really post that image before the event?

I hope he is for real he liked the following tweet: "I beg bloober team stop making video games" :messenger_grinning_sweat:.

Yeah they were posted the night before, or early morning 1am june 2nd. Doesn’t really seem to be an “insider” or “leaker” considering the account was just made and created specifically to leak this event.

I’m guessing its a disgruntled employee

Last edited:
im not falling for this again, i did last time for another leaker and looked like a fool lol
Yeah they were posted the night before, or early morning 1am june 2nd.
Usually there is always some trick behind this stuff. I'm completely ignorant about twitter and how editing a twit or changing the hosted image works.

If he really did post that then he is the best leaker ever.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Horror... *sigh* No matter where it is I'll be too pussy to play it lmao. I can't play scary games. I can watch scary movies, but games are too immersive for me. I'm the type that will be going downstairs to grab a bottle of water late at night (if playing or watching something scary) then randomly get freaked out by something and start sprinting up the stairs, accidentally slipping and hitting knee on the stairs.

Yep.. the scary games ain't for me lmao. Even the flood sections of Halo freak me the fuck out, but I soldier through there.
No! Sack up! If I got through shitting my pants in Dead Space 2 you can do this! How are you going to play Callisto Protocol with that attitude?!

Vognerful

Kojima just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase silent hill for either system, nor will they purchase any of kojima's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel silent hill for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Kojima just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase silent hill for either system, nor will they purchase any of kojima's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel silent hill for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Actually what's being rumored is Silent Hill for PlayStation. That's only if you believe the leaks from Dusk of course. Doesn't mean that Kojima can't make a horror game himself though.

Actually what's being rumored is Silent Hill for PlayStation. That's only if you believe the leaks from Dusk of course. Doesn't mean that Kojima can't make a horror game himself though.

Dusk wasn't that specific though was he. It was gematsu that leaked the involvement of kojima and Sony. I think this game might be it.

Dusk wasn't that specific though was he. It was gematsu that leaked the involvement of kojima and Sony. I think this game might be it.

Weird I thought Dusk had a recent leak where he said that Sony was involved.

Weird I thought Dusk had a recent leak where he said that Sony was involved.

Did he? I'm not sure. One thing he is sure about though, is that silent hill is real. He's been going on about it for years. We all know it's real by now. There's been so many rumours. The best would be kojima and funded by Sony. Its what we all want.

No! Sack up! If I got through shitting my pants in Dead Space 2 you can do this! How are you going to play Callisto Protocol with that attitude?!

lol I literally wasn't. I was going to watch braver people than myself play it via youtube or something to see what it's like or maybe reveal the scares. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

One of these days I'll conquer scary titles. I just haven't managed to develop the guts for that yet lol. Always bugged me that I skipped those games cause I couldn't manage them lol.

Varteras

Gold Member
lol I literally wasn't. I was going to watch braver people than myself play it via youtube or something to see what it's like or maybe reveal the scares. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

One of these days I'll conquer scary titles. I just haven't managed to develop the guts for that yet lol. Always bugged me that I skipped those games cause I couldn't manage them lol.
Yeah to be honest I have to work myself into a mood to play them. I always have this attachment to my character in games like that and I feel bad when bad shit happens to them. Like I got them killed in real life. lol

AmuroChan

Didn't Geoff say there are no new game reveals at his show? That means this would be shown at Xbox's showcase then. So either this is a multiplat game with Xbox having marketing rights, or a straight up XBox exclusive.

Yeah to be honest I have to work myself into a mood to play them. I always have this attachment to my character in games like that and I feel bad when bad shit happens to them. Like I got them killed in real life. lol

That's how I feel. I feel like not succeeding somehow lets down real people, as weird as that sounds. Every game I take on that has any serious vibe to it, I feel some responsibility to see it through to the end, to "save the day."

I don't like entering a police station in the early sections of Resident Evil 2, seeing a bloody dog with no skin bust through a window, and then being like "okay, fuck this, the city is fucked, I'm done." :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Varteras

Gold Member
Didn't Geoff say there are no new game reveals at his show? That means this would be shown at Xbox's showcase then. So either this is a multiplat game with Xbox having marketing rights, or a straight up XBox exclusive.
He simply wanted people to lower expectations because there were some wild rumors he was seeing about new games being shown there. Most of what they have to show are games people already know about. He did not say there wouldn't be anything new.

you can start with resident evil village for PSVR 2. the doll house part would legit give you a heart attack.

Did he? I'm not sure. One thing he is sure about though, is that silent hill is real. He's been going on about it for years. We all know it's real by now. There's been so many rumours. The best would be kojima and funded by Sony. Its what we all want.

There was a leak where he released some screenshots and it got deleted. Then he mentioned how Sony was involved.

Mind you after the broken PS5 stuff I don’t really believe him on anything which is why I’m highly skeptical of these Silent Hill rumors.

Top Bottom