• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson: Hideo Kojima’s New Horror Game is Dubbed “Overdose”

tmlDan

Tom is way more reliable than Grubb, please don't say Grubb is a reliable insider. He just says stuff and hopefully one of them becomes a reality.

Hopefully this is true, im on the side of hoping its multiplat rather than fans of each side desperate for it to be exclusive. Horror games already have a relatively niche audience, the more the merrier for success.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Check the Snitch's banner. #teamreal

OykcVjW.jpg

72986fd1d7258cb98073ec5fbe5d56c4.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I personally am not all that bothered about another Kojima game but if Phil Spencer has managed to get a deal in place with him then it'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

I'm skeptical of how much influence one individual can have over a game so I don't see why he couldn't be overseeing production on a few titles, as Miyamoto was doing in the past.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What are you talking about? Even his last game was published by PlayStation using a Sony game engine with the help of a Sony internal studio.

Jeff Grubb rumors are mentioned in this very topic why are you pretending you don't know about it?

I'm into every Kojima thread so I know very well the type of people who shits on his games, same crowd that takes issues with other games that make use of cutscenes or third person cameras. We all know who they are, even if you want to pretend that we don't...
Yes his last game was PS exclusive, the game before that was multiplatform if we count producer credits then the game before that one was also multiplatform and the game before that was multiplatform and the game before that.
You'd have to go back to Guns of the Patriots on frikken PS3 to find another exclusive*

*Im not counting P.T.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Did you read the whole story or even who wrote the article?

It's written by Tom Henderson who has been pretty spot on in recent years on his leaks.

He says that Jeff claimed Kojima is working with Xbox, but he himself has seen nothing from this footage to say that that is the case.

Do your research before making drive by posts next time man.

kanye thank you GIF

The "triggered" reaction has been made for this post. 😂

PS: "story" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Tom is way more reliable than Grubb, please don't say Grubb is a reliable insider. He just says stuff and hopefully one of them becomes a reality.

Hopefully this is true, im on the side of hoping its multiplat rather than fans of each side desperate for it to be exclusive. Horror games already have a relatively niche audience, the more the merrier for success.

"reputable insider" is writer lingo for "I don't care to report about actual news because I'd rather clickbait without a shred of evidence or accountability, and I need to cover my own ass by giving this dude a descriptor" 😂

Last edited:
Yes his last game was PS exclusive, the game before that was multiplatform if we count producer credits then the game before that one was also multiplatform and the game before that was multiplatform and the game before that.
You'd have to go back to Guns of the Patriots on frikken PS3 to find another exclusive*

*Im not counting P.T.
If you don't count the exclusive games they were all multiplatform.

Anyway, I had to read my own post again to understand where you are coming from. I never mentioned his games being exclusive I just said they have all being releasing on PlayStation for a long time now. You were the one that brought that up.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

The video footage features Margaret Qually, it sounds like it could just be a teaser for a game or even death stranding 2. It could be a million weird Kojima things tbh

This is most likely bullshit but its worth thinking about

If Kojima is making a hybrid VR game the 3rd and 1st person aspect makes sense to me

Hows this accounts track record? I remember them posting some shit that didn't happen.

Kojima been around forums too long.

He saw green rats call Playstation games walking simulators for years, and decided to actually make one. Why give people what they don’t know they want, when he can give them what they don’t want.

Hugare

The video footage features Margaret Qually, it sounds like it could just be a teaser for a game or even death stranding 2. It could be a million weird Kojima things tbh

This is most likely bullshit but its worth thinking about

If Kojima is making a hybrid VR game the 3rd and 1st person aspect makes sense to me

That would be such a waste

But yeah, Kojima is probably making it for PSVR2 as a smaller project (like Horizon Call of the Mountain) while he is focusing on Death Stranding 2

Black_Stride

If you don't count the exclusive games they were all multiplatform.
Fine count P.T if it makes you happy.
But hes still been more of a multiplat developer in recent history.
So the narrative that the guys who hated on Kojima are the same guys who want Kojima + Xbox rumors to be true seems at best far fetched at worse low tier garbage level console warring for no good reason.

Fine count P.T if it makes you happy.
But hes still been more of a multiplat developer in recent history.
So the narrative that the guys who hated on Kojima are the same guys who want Kojima + Xbox rumors to be true seems at best far fetched at worse low tier garbage level console warring for no good reason.
It's just the truth though, I don't know why you have a problem with it. You think the people I'm talking about don't exist? You'll find them on any Kojima thread. Makes me wonder if your are not one of the people I'm talking about in the first place... why do you want his games exclusively on Xbox so much?

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Did you read the whole story or even who wrote the article?

It's written by Tom Henderson who has been pretty spot on in recent years on his leaks.

He says that Jeff claimed Kojima is working with Xbox, but he himself has seen nothing from this footage to say that that is the case.

Do your research before making drive by posts next time man.

kanye thank you GIF
Drive-by posts of that caliber seems par for the course on Gaf these days. :messenger_poop:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I've got better things to do than get triggered over someone being uneducated on an internet forum bro lmao, just pointing out where you were wrong, and instead of acknowledging that you've doubled down so I'll leave you be 😅

"someone doesn't care for my "insider." I'mma cry." 😂

Last edited:
[citation needed]

Where in any of my posts or even in my post history have I ever even implied I want an exclusive Kojima game on any platform, let alone an Xbox exclusive.
As if I was going to do an investigation just because you can't accept what is pretty obvious to everyone.

Please provide the proof that the people I'm talking about don't exist, I'll wait.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
"someone doesn't care for my insider. I'mma cry." 😂
This is the mental age of GAF Users nowadays? 😂 Bring back console warring threads by the masses I say.

All I did was point out you were wrong about who sourced the story and pointed out why you shouldn't disregard it. And all you've been is immature and childish. Maybe you'd be better off on that other site where they all behave like that.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
This is the mental age of GAF Users nowadays? 😂 Bring back console warring threads by the masses I say.

All I did was point out you were wrong about who sourced the story and pointed out why you shouldn't disregard it. And all you've been is immature and childish. Maybe you'd be better off on that other site where they all behave like that.

"someone doesn't care for my "insider" so not only I'll cry, I'll even throw insults around." 😂

The moment will never come too soon that some people realize what kind of literal pieces of shit those who leak developers' reveals for personal gain and/or clout are (assuming that they're even accurate, which is always a tall asumption), instead of letting devs announce the results of years of hard work on their own terms. 🤔

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
"someone doesn't care for my "insider" so not only I'll cry, I'll even throw insults around." 😂

The moment will never come too soon that some people realize what kind of literal pieces of shit those who leak developers' reveals for personal gain and/or clout are (assuming that they're even accurate), instead of letting devs announce the results of years of hard work on their own terms. 🤔
I've not insulted you, I've just described the way you're acting. There's a difference my friend.

And I agree with your stance on leakers, just because I'm saying a leaker is credible doesn't mean I'm a fan or defending what he does? Leaking is sadly part of these big industries, and as much as I hate it, I can't lie and said I haven't benefitted off it before with the likes of being able to hear long unreleased songs that were scrapped or see games that never came out.

Black_Stride

As if I was going to do an investigation just because you can't accept what is pretty obvious to everyone.

Please provide the proof that the people I'm talking about don't exist, I'll wait.

Hahaha mate what kind of logical fallacy koolaid have you been drinking.
The burden of proof isnt on me, the person making the statement has to back it up.
You said the people hating on Kojima are the same people who want this rumor to be true......so you must have seen them post in this thread or atleast were reminded of their posts in the other Kojima threads......you dont even need to find their posts, just name them, NeoGAFs search function is pretty damn good and I got time to spare.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I've not insulted you, I've just described the way you're acting. There's a difference my friend.

And I agree with your stance on leakers, just because I'm saying a leaker is credible doesn't mean I'm a fan or defending what he does? Leaking is sadly part of these big industries, and as much as I hate it, I can't lie and said I haven't benefitted off it before with the likes of being able to hear long unreleased songs that were scrapped or see games that never came out.

You can choose to support it or not. If you choose to support a shit practice and those who do it because "it's sadly part of the industry" that's on you.

I don't care whether these leaks are accurate or not. That's not the point.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I really hope for Kojima to make a real good horror game (be it Silent hill or an original lore) and that game is muliplat for the benefit of all gamers. I know it's naive but it's the best way to be.

Hahaha mate what kind of logical fallacy koolaid have you been drinking.
The burden of proof isnt on me, the person making the statement has to back it up.
You said the people hating on Kojima are the same people who want this rumor to be true......so you must have seen them post in this thread or atleast were reminded of their posts in the other Kojima threads......you dont even need to find their posts, just name them, NeoGAFs search function is pretty damn good and I got time to spare.
My statements: "I find it funny how much people want the Xbox rumors to be true, usually the same people that for years talked shit on Kojima."

You can chose to believe it or not and move on with your life. You think I work for you? Wtf...

I'm almost tempted to prove it to you, how common what I alluded to is, but it would be a big waste of my time and I would be falling for your games.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
You can choose to support it or not. If you choose to support a shit practice and those who do it because "it's sadly part of the industry" that's on you.
I don't openly support it, I'd never put my money towards group buys for example or openly share leaks if they aren't known by the masses.

But if something has leaked already say a build of a long gone unreleased game or a leaked song that isn't planned to release ever, I'll definitely listen/consume that content as a fan in a respectable manner.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I don't openly support it, I'd never put my money towards group buys for example or openly share leaks if they aren't known by the masses.

But if something has leaked already say a build of a long gone unreleased game or a leaked song that isn't planned to release ever, I'll definitely listen/consume that content as a fan in a respectable manner.

Clicking on the link in the OP literally makes these people money and supports the practice.

Builds of long-gone unreleased games are a very different issue, which really doesn't practically damage anyone. And I can promise you they don't provide their "leaker" with nearly as much money or unearned clout than fucking up a reveal of an upcoming game while sprinkling a bit of console war on top of it.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

My statements: "I find it funny how much people want the Xbox rumors to be true, usually the same people that for years talked shit on Kojima."

You can chose to believe it or not and move on with your life. You think I work for you? Wtf...

As I said I got time.

Your statement as quoted by you, says the people who want the Xbox rumors to be true are usually the same people that have been talking shit about Kojima for years.

But you cant even mention one person who has done that in this thread.....its only two pages long?
Are you sure you didnt just make up these people in your head?
What kind of complex is that.....you arent a an actual Playstation so I wouldnt call it a persecution complex.....what drives you to make such a claim seemingly knowing full well its not something you can easily prove if you could prove it at all?

As I said I got time.

Your statement as quoted by you, says the people who want the Xbox rumors to be true are usually the same people that have been talking shit about Kojima for years.

But you cant even mention one person who has done that in this thread.....its only two pages long?
Are you sure you didnt just make up these people in your head?
What kind of complex is that.....you arent a an actual Playstation so I wouldnt call it a persecution complex.....what drives you to make such a claim seemingly knowing full well its not something you can easily prove if you could prove it at all?
Since you wanted me to do research, I had a look in your own post history. You have more mentions of Kojima in this thread than in all your post history combined of 10+ years here.

You almost got me, have a nice life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom