• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today is a sad day for the gaming discussion side of GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm89

Damn, I was hoping for at least another week or two.. any idea how long we have until they shut down the servers?
They won't need to shut down the servers, playstation and nintendo gamers will now provide the much needed revenue to keep the lights on šŸ˜

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You're taking this way too seriously my guy, go outside.
giphy.gif

twilo99

Fanboys in general are a toxic breed that makes simply talking about my favorite hobby an absolutely shitty experience. Fuck all of those that choose sides rather than seeing gaming as a whole.

They canā€™t help it. Compassion and humor is the only feasible approach..

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Damn so many topicsā€¦.about nothing and we finally see the real Colors of some users hereā€¦Iā€™m saddened you guys are usually the best.
Mannnn, this thread is irony if Iā€™ve ever seen it before šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

ā€œSo many random topics and itā€™s sadā€¦hey, I have an ideaā€¦letā€™s make another random topic to prove our pointā€ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Bridges

Are you serious right now?

Why MLB is multiplatform

Why Marathon is multiplatform

You had to go back to the fucking Gameboy Advance to get to the amount of games that were announced TODAY.
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Jesus, you guys are unbelievable.
You said "when in the fuck has this ever happened?" And I showed you. I grabbed the ones off the top of my head, I know there are others too.

Yeah, there's a reason why MLB and Marathon are multiplat. Just like there's a reason why Hi-Fi and Sea of Thieves will be.

But you've already made up your mind and anything beyond doom and gloom looks like Xbox is dead now is considered an inappropriate response so I guess we can agree to disagree.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
That Sony did not lie when they made the purchase?

You mean like they said over two years ago? I'll be fucking shocked and fuming!
Q. Bungie has future games in development, will they now become PlayStation exclusives?
No. We want the worlds we are creating to extend to anywhere people play games. We will continue to be self-published, creatively independent, and we will continue to drive one, unified Bungie community.

Exactly what microsoft have been saying with their purchases. All games will be looked at on a case by case basis. Phil has said it like 50 times.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I really do hope microsoft go all out on hardware again. Like the first xbox.

Make it clearly more powerful than the competition. Not splitting hairs. I don't mind if I have to pay a couple hundred more

RickMasters

images

images

images

images

Yup, you're right. Nothing like this has ever happened. And when Marathon comes out on Xbox it won't be weird either.
This. I already know Iā€™ll be playing marathon on Xbox. I wouldnā€™t mind if Sony brought helldivers 2 over aswell. I bought it in PC. Iā€™d double dip for my Xboxā€¦. Come get my money Sony.

I already paid them for some Playstation games on steam. Come get some of my money on Xbox too. They can make money off people like me without me even owning a PlayStation šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Tipping Jim Carrey GIF

reinking

Gold Member
Exactly what microsoft have been saying with their purchases. All games will be looked at on a case by case basis. Phil has said it like 50 times.
You know that is not the same thing as Bungie having games on other consoles. Sony did not say Bungie games would be a case-by-case decision. They said from the start that Bungie would remain independent and multiplatform. The bigger news would be of Bungie games did not come to other platforms.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You know that is not the same thing as Bungie having games on other consoles. Sony did not say Bungie games would be a case-by-case decision. They said from the start that Bungie would remain independent and multiplatform. The bigger news would be of Bungie games did not come to other platforms.

OK then. Well let's see what sonys gaas games do over the coming years. I bet within 5 to 10 years playstation gaas games are everywhere just like xbox games. Even if it starts as just switch 2 it will go day and date with pc and some things will port to other platforms.

The times they are a changing. You just have to look at the financials.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
OK then. Well let's see what sonys gaas games do over the coming years. I bet within 5 to 10 years playstation gaas games are everywhere just like xbox games. Even if it starts as just switch 2 it will go day and date with pc and some things will port to other platforms.

The times they are a changing. You just have to look at the financials.
Going by recent comments, we know Sony is looking to "improve margins" so it is likely they will be looking into expanding to other platforms. At minimum, I expect more on PC and mobile at first. We will also need to see if they stick to GAAS only. It looks like Xbox is starting out with a "couple of community driven games" and some "older" titles. You are right, things are changing. That is what makes it interesting.

LastBattle

I don't know why it's such a big deal. For the people who own an Xbox, are you no longer getting your games on your system? Do you own stock in Microsoft and fear you are going to lose money? Is someone holding you at gunpoint? What is actually changing in your personal life as a result of this?
I could be wrong, but I don't think all the noise today is coming from xbox folks here on Gaf?

XXL

You said "when in the fuck has this ever happened?" And I showed you. I grabbed the ones off the top of my head, I know there are others too.

Yeah, there's a reason why MLB and Marathon are multiplat. Just like there's a reason why Hi-Fi and Sea of Thieves will be.

But you've already made up your mind and anything beyond doom and gloom looks like Xbox is dead now is considered an inappropriate response so I guess we can agree to disagree.
No, you're wrong.

No company (aside from Sega) has EVER announced 4 games coming to their competitors platforms and definitely not on the same fucking day.

The mainstream media (CNBC, etc) is even talking about this.

I own all systems (including Xbox) so save persecution complex for someone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom