• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade Developer Shift Up addresses censorship claims "This is our final product. We are discussing this internally"

midnightAI

Don't force me to post every piece of art Kotaku posted over twitter.

Unless you like to lick Nintendo Switch cartridges.
What the fuck are you going on about? I post that I don't think an ex game studio exec should be constantly going after a studio who has released their first game on console (you'd think he'd show some empathy towards Devs trying to get into the console game) and you start bringing up Kotaku, who I don't give a damn about, don't read, and never will read.

Fake

What the fuck are you going on about? I post that I don't think an ex game studio exec should be constantly going after a studio who has released their first game on console (you'd think he'd show some empathy towards Devs trying to get into the console game) and you start bringing up Kotaku, who I don't give a damn about, don't read, and never will read.

IDK in what bubble do you live, but execs and mostly devs go after studios a loads of time over Twitter.

midnightAI

IDK in what bubble do you live, but execs and mostly devs go after studios a loads of time over Twitter.
And that makes it right? No, it's unprofessional and most of the time just sounds like sour grapes. They (sometimes) get called out a lot for it and rightly so.

Last edited:

midnightAI

You are really no different from Grummz. You focus on him as much as he focuses on culture wars on twitter. You both need to go touch some grass.
Do I? Huh, weird, I've only posted a few times on NeoGaf in a thread that discussed him and posts tweets from him, I mean, I can just not post in any threads if that's what you prefer, or just put me on ignore if I bother you too much.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What’s puzzles me is that this not first time Asian game with sexy characters, this year alone we got Unicorn Overlord that had plenty of sexy design complete with jiggle physics.

Asian devs always make attractive design in their games and so why these people making such a big deal out of Stellar Blade all of the sudden?

Let me remind you we about get SMT 5 Vengeance soon which has demons like Na’amah.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't even notice that the bunny suit was censored. It still looks damn good with plenty of sideboob and ass+thighs.

5QkLTVO.jpeg

That said, at least there's something to look forward to with the inevitable PC version now: uncensored outfits (either official or unofficial).

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Asian devs always make attractive design in their games and so why these people making such a big deal out of Stellar Blade all of the sudden?
Just the next target in a long list of resentment groups of people have towards feminine beauty standards. Which is just a vocal projection of a person's insecurities and their unwillingness to seek self-improvement. Eastern devs generally design girls to be attractive. Western devs either design very ugly characters or have characters that have the personality of flat piece of wood, the temperament of a worn out leather shoe or make a minor trait usually sexual orientation the entirety of their character leading to a forgettable, empty and shallow character no one will remember.

With Vanillaware they actually tried to play the game they are playing with Stellar Blade with Dragon's Crown and Vanillaware didn't give a rat's ass and the angry mob moved on to it's next plausible victim.

Last edited:
uhIYiMp.jpeg

I think stellar Blade doesn't give a fuck
This is weird on a couple of levels. I can understand Grummz speaking out about the changes to the outfits, but this is approaching stalker behavior. I'm getting cringey jealous lover vibes from this post.

It's also pretty strange that the Stellar Blade X account would retweet the Kotaku especially knowing how disrespectful and overly critical Kotaku has been of their game and their studio. Why try to make peace with a toxic website that has acted so disingenuously with their coverage?

violence

I honestly didn't even notice that the bunny suit was censored. It still looks damn good with plenty of sideboob and ass+thighs.

5QkLTVO.jpeg

That said, at least there's something to look forward to with the inevitable PC version now: uncensored outfits (either official or unofficial).
I just obtained the outfit and feel the same way. It’s pretty sexy the way it is. Not that I wouldn’t prefer the original version. I’m really conflicted about this whole petition thing. Seems too petty to go to war for. Again, not that I wouldn’t mind the original outfit.

With 70 outfits, they were probably toning them down throughout development and had to do it one more time after release. Perhaps PC modders will be able to find more outfits that were censored before version 1.0 and revert the added layers.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I just obtained the outfit and feel the same way. It’s pretty sexy the way it is. Not that I wouldn’t prefer the original version. I’m really conflicted about this whole petition thing. Seems too petty to go to war for. Again, not that I wouldn’t mind the original outfit.

With 70 outfits, they were probably toning them down throughout development and had to do it one more time after release. Perhaps PC modders will be able to find more outfits that were censored before version 1.0 and revert the added layers.

No one is really “going to war”. Just folks want the original costumes back and are letting their voices be heard in a simple, adult manner. Ignore the culture warriors and see what the average joe is asking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom