• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This is SSX (Trailer) + Uber Mondays

I couldn't care less about split screen racing.

Head to head would have been nice... but I played the shit out of the first three games with almost no head to head racing so I'm sure I'll love this one too.

I have to admit that I really don't play too many multiplayer games, but I enjoyed all the previous SSX games immensely! I'm probably in the minority that I like the RiderNet and Global Events leader board structure. For me it is so hard to line up my schedule with other people so that we may be able to race at the same time. That being said, I can understand why others are disappointed that they can't play the way they want to with split screen and/or head-to-head online races.

ScOULaris

I've always viewed the SSX games as a racing series, not a point-based leaderboard climb. The tricks are there to give you the boost you need to keep your speed going in order to win the race. Separate trick events are fun too, but the racing was always the core gameplay for me.

No head-to-head racing means EA can deepthroat my cock.

I've always viewed the SSX games as a racing series, not a point-based leaderboard climb. The tricks are there to give you the boost you need to keep your speed going in order to win the race. Separate trick events are fun too, but the racing was always the core gameplay for me.

No head-to-head racing means EA can deepthroat my cock.

I didn't know any SSX game had head-to-head.

Maybe SSX 3 for Xbox?

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Agreed.

I'm still certain this game is going to take over my life though. Even though I'm primarily a fan of the racing aspect, the Global Events are a great addition for the trick competitions.

Holding out hope for a patch to fix this issue.

I didn't know any SSX game had head-to-head.

Maybe SSX 3 for Xbox?

All of them?

I'm the only idiot more upset about losing replays than losing head-to-head.

I played the shit out of SSX3 I NEVER EVEN KNEW THERE WAS A REPLAY MODE LOL.

No head-to-head multiplayer is making me consider not preordering and waiting until they patch it in or something... EA has until the 12th of Feb to convince me at this point.

I'm the only idiot more upset about losing replays than losing head-to-head.

Nope. I'm in the same boat, since I rarely if ever even played splitscreen in the older ones. I mean, come on EA.

All of them?

I think he was referring to online multiplayer, and if so I didn't know any had that!

Also, clustermate is ok with me using his gamertag: EkaFrikay3141. If it's not in a game of Skate 3 or SSX then it's probably not me playing though.

Hawk SE

Hey guys. I just wrote up an article about SSX and the Badges that are in the game. I'm not sure if what I received was meant for internals or not - had an Excel sheet attached.

Either way here, it is: http://www.savingcontent.com/2012/02/ssx-earning-badges-without-having-to-join-the-boy-scouts/

At the bottom of the story is a link to a Public Google Doc that you can save where it shows all of the Badges in SSX.

SSX-Badges-1024x576.jpg

Turns out it wasn't for internals. Seeing it released elsewhere, but a nice list to have.

I played the shit out of SSX3 I NEVER EVEN KNEW THERE WAS A REPLAY MODE LOL.

Replay mode to me is not a huge loss. I never used it, except in SSX Tricky, when I finally finished Tokyo Megaplex completely on rails. Was pretty cool.

A good replay mode is nice to have, though, especially if it has a good cam editor.

SykoTech

Lack of online multiplayer with friends would suck (if true), but I'm still more pissed over the lack of splitscreen. This game would have been prefer for my brother and me to play together instead of taking turns passing the controller.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah, online. I never played SSX online.

It was always pass-the-controller around experience. No one wanted to play Splitscreen because the screen is too small.

Same here. It was always beat the previous persons time/score or everyone watches in awe as the player executes mega tricks.

Will there be groups we can join? Can we start a GAF league/group/clan so we can all compete together without needing to keep everyone on the friends list all the time?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This latest news swayed me away from X360 and back to PS3 for Fuji. I am all for getting a GAF group together so I can be humbled repeatedly every night as I struggle to beat a time or snag a G-Tag (and enjoy every minute of it).

Has there has ever been a game which had cross platform multiplayer on the PS3 and 360?

I was referring mostly to-

It's not a stupid question. If the challenges/tags are RiderNet based, it would be easy as dang to have it be platform agnostic.

yeah, this. I feel like cross-platform tags/challenges would be good for the formation of ssx-gaf, seeing as we don't all game on one platform.

badge document said:
Boom! Achieve a speed of over 250 km/h Gold
Spin Doctor Perform a 4320 rotation Gold
Which Way is Up? Perform 10 flips in a single jump Gold
Special Tactics Performed a 100 move combo Gold
I Got a Bajillion Points! Scored over 10,000,000 in a single Combo Gold

yBc0B.gif

Holy shit. SSX 3 made me into such a ridiculous perfectionist while playing the game [ie I would restart a run if I screwed up in a slight manner] and I have a feeling this is only going to make it worse. But I will love every second of it.

Watching this thread has me so pumped I re-bought SSX3 for PS2 the other day. Turns out something is wrong with my PS2 and Mac keeps punching stuff like I'm holding L1, so I just bought it again on the Gamecube.

March can't come soon enough!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
10,000,000 point single combo. Lol, some people are gonna go bald from pulling their hair out. I fear for the cheevs crowd.

Not sure if this has been discussed further back in this thread or perhaps in another, but do we know what the DLC mountain ranges will be? I ask because I noticed 13 mountain ranges marked in this video. I assume the 10th is Japan, and 11, 12 and 13 are possibly DLC?

See the map here:

gondee

Jwong said:
Also, you haven't played oranges to judge, I mean SSX.
Ah, but I have you see. Played it in June when I was invited to EA to do so. No worries though, I get what you mean.

And not that I expect anyone at GAF to care too much about this but you must collect all 177 badges in SSX to get 1000/1000 or Platinum it. This badge:
Bandwagon
Play in a Global Event with 50,000 or more Riders
Gold
may make it impossible to platinum the game after the online activity dies down. So if you are planning on getting all the trophies/achievements, be sure to do it in the first month of the game. Otherwise it may be impossible. Remember NBA 2K7's infamous 1000 Players Online achievement that kept a bunch of people from perfecting it?

Same situation here, so word to the wise.

M.W.

From the EA forums, about riding and competing with friends:

Email response from Todd Batty to a member of Merqury City

--------------------------
Todd Batty wrote:
I read briefly through the online uproar today so we'll be sure to make that one of our primary topics. I have since asked marketing and pr to shoot some updated footage and info on global events as well to give you guys some more detailed information, the recent video released was actually shot in November and was intended for a wider audience.

In the meantime to clear up the first thing I read, you should at the very least know that OF COURSE you can find your friends online through the game interface. This is what RiderNet does. In both global events and explore you have a ridernet wall, where you will spend a lot of your time checking out what everyone is up to and figuring out what you want to do next.

If you create an event and jump in, your friends will immediately get an actionable pop-up notification, this event will immediately become a top recommendation in the post-event menu flow and it is always the first thing listed on your wall - "Chris and 3 of your friends are online RIGHT NOW and competing on Trickypedia!". See that in any of these places, press a single button, get taken straight to the event to join them. This of course works the same for both public and private GE's.

There's lots more to clear up, and more you haven't seen.

Hale-XF11

Kind of telling that he didn't immediately address the uproar over real-time racing, unless it completely went over his head.

Seems like they went Trackmania-esque with it instead of doing full head to head, which I do prefer. Trackmania multiplayer=gooood

Um, is it just me or did he not address the "uproar" at all?

He drove way around the uproar. Trackmania online is cool, but only if it's in addition to real head-to-head. They lost my full-price purchase. I'll Redbox it and then grab it later when its 30 or less.

soultron

Banned
Um, is it just me or did he not address the "uproar" at all?

He's trying to get information put together but in a way that can be swung as part of their marketing push;

Todd Batty said:
I have since asked marketing and pr to shoot some updated footage and info on global events as well to give you guys some more detailed information, the recent video released was actually shot in November and was intended for a wider audience.

Seems like a smart move on EAC's part to me.

I'm eagerly anticipating what this information will be. And to see Global Events in action.

SykoTech

So I can't race together with my brother or real life friends, and I (apparently) can't do it with my online friends either. At least not normally.

At first I thought no splitscreen would be the only catch, but it sounds like multiplayer in its entirety is crippled. Will probably just stick to passing the controller. :/

AndyD

aka andydumi
He drove way around the uproar. Trackmania online is cool, but only if it's in addition to real head-to-head.

I think he avoided it as well. What I dont like is this:

In both global events and explore you have a ridernet wall, where you will spend a lot of your time checking out what everyone is up to and figuring out what you want to do next.

I thought we were not going to spend time looking at a lobby menu in this newfangled take on multiplayer. But hey, they are giving us a wall that we can spend a lot of time at deciding what we want to do. Not a lobby guys, a wall, not the same thing.

Jamie OD

Not sure if this has been discussed further back in this thread or perhaps in another, but do we know what the DLC mountain ranges will be? I ask because I noticed 13 mountain ranges marked in this video. I assume the 10th is Japan, and 11, 12 and 13 are possibly DLC?

See the map here:

As much as I don't want to encourage this sort of stuff, I would download the "Big Mountain" from SSX 3 if they released it as DLC.

This is definitely new thread worthy. I'd make it myself but I'm on my iPhone so I can't really copy and paste the relevant quotes.

Also no wonder there's no online pass now, haha.

Top Bottom