• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox + Bethesda 2021 E3 Showcase & Discussion Thread

How many games will they show at Xbox E3 2021?

• 20 games

Votes: 80 31.9%
  • 35 games

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • 50 games

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • 60 games (same as 2019)

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • 85 games

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • 100 games

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Over 100 games

Votes: 72 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm hoping for Hellblade and another teaser for Perfect Dark. Forza is always fun for a bit. It'll certainly look amazing. Pie in the sky dream of a Banjo game with Ratchet and Clank levels of production.

Jeeze you guys need better taste in gamer food.
iu
SH50MbY.jpg

Don't count out Nintendo yet, they could have one of those rare home runs. Unless you don't think they compete with each other, which would be fair.
If BoTW2 is shown its an auto win for them. I want XBOX to do well today as its my main console, but just about nothing they have can compete with the Zelda franchise.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is it for Microsoft. I know they will continue to sell well and gamepass will be a success even if this show fails to impress, but I think their credibility is riding on this. At least when it comes to the hardcore. They cannot phone in another year. They have to come out guns blazing with all the games they showed last year in CG form.

Sony's ridiculous and greedy cross gen stance has left Microsoft a huge opening. Nintendo is MIA and as irrelevant as ever when it comes to hardcore gaming. They show up every 6 years with a zelda game but are otherwise as irrelevant as ever. It's shocking how there is absolutely no Nintendo discussion on this board despite Nintendo Switch on its way to becoming the fastest to 100 million. They are as irrelevant as Fifa, CoD and Madden to hardcore gamers. If MS fucks this up they will see the same fate as Nintendo. At least when it comes to this board.

And this is where Microsoft should come in and show the hardcore gamers that they are there for them. Not for the casuals, for for the last generation userbase, but for gamers who were there day one for their next gen consoles, and have supported them through their kinect and xbox one disasters. Show us what Avatar showed us yesterday. Horizon doesnt even compare. If Fable or Hellblade 2 look like that, it's going to earn them so much goodwill no one will care if they games are 2-4 years away. See Sony's E3 2015.

They have done a great job acquiring talented studios like Ninja Theory, Playground Games and Obsidian. Studios that are right on the cusp of greatness. They have Bethesda. Initiative and Coalition are ready. They have done the leg work. Now its time to show us the goods. Fuck Jeff Grubb, I think MS will deliver.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
I'd like to watch this later tonight at 4k/60 on YouTube, so could someone please tell me how to do it without spoiling the entire experience?

My guess is just to open xbox YouTube channel and find the video when they post it. Am I right?

I'd like to watch this later tonight at 4k/60 on YouTube, so could someone please tell me how to do it without spoiling the entire experience?

My guess is just to open xbox YouTube channel and find the video when they post it. Am I right?
If you want good 4K you'll watch the uploaded stream on Xbox.com better than YT. Usually uploadrd a few hours after the show.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Starfield looks next gen, but its a teaser's teaser. Come on guys, you cannot show your game off like this. Disappointing but at least it looks next gen. They bought Bethesda back in September. They shouldve been working towards a gameplay demo for E3 since then. I dont get it.

No PS5. Just xbox series x, series s and PC.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well, it's 2:45am AEST and for some fucking reason I decided to sit up and watch this. Phil - don't make me regret it.

Also, remind me to throw that tweet back at Schreier the next time he rants about spoilers ruining things for developers. And folks - spoiler tag that shit please.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Well, it's 2:45am AEST and for some fucking reason I decided to sit up and watch this. Phil - don't make me regret it.

Also, remind me to throw that tweet back at Schreier the next time he rants about spoilers ruining things for developers. And folks - spoiler tag that shit please.

That dude is such a leech. “Gotto get my name out there!”

Matt_Fox

Starfield next gen only - that's the good news.

Maybe another reason for 2022, simply not enough XSX out in the marketplace yet for the game to make the multi-million splash that a Bethesda RPG is used to making.

Top Bottom