• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PC Gaming Show and Future Games Show return on June 13

mortal

Gold Member
So many derivative looking games.

Bunch of STALKER knockoffs, and so many indie games are aping that voxel 2D/3D look now.

cFJcIjB.jpg
RbGm5Um.jpg

CitizenZ

Banned
Are all Eastern European devs just making versions STALKER now?

This show is a snore.

Hello? that has been going on for over a decade now. And the reason being THEY grew up there, they saw and LIVED it, but they also know STALKER is one of the greatest games ever made.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I mean, this entire show was pitiful beyond words. What a joke. And, Day9 is such an insufferable fuckhead.

Last edited:

Lone Denjin

Your comment made it sound like the only games available to people playing on PC were those shown at this presentation, don't pretend to be daft by your original intent.
You have to admit none of the games shown were worth $1.5k+ graphics card. Also lol calm down Pc mustard race.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

You have to admit none of the games shown were worth $1.5k+ graphics card. Also lol calm down Pc mustard race.

I 100% agree about the presentation being ass, as a PC gamer I won't play a single one of those games even if they were free. But again your comment was purely meant to troll, there was no other purpose for it. Now you're back peddling and telling me to calm down when you were the one who couldn't help themselves and acted like a child.

Lone Denjin

I 100% agree about the presentation being ass, as a PC gamer I won't play a single one of those games even if they were free. But again your comment was purely meant to troll, there was no other purpose for it. Now you're back peddling and telling me to calm down when you were the one who couldn't help themselves and acted like a child.
>U back peddling
No just telling your sperg ass to calm down and handle the banter.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
cxdsa
Hello? that has been going on for over a decade now. And the reason being THEY grew up there, they saw and LIVED it, but they also know STALKER is one of the greatest games ever made.
Chernobylite is polish I think and believe me, we are not Soviets and there are no nuclear plants or radiation outside :p

Last edited:

GHG

Hell let loose exiting early access in July and coming to next gen consoles later this year.

1 million copies sold so far.

I really hope the console gamers give this a chance, it's far better than whatever the fuck EA have been doing with BF.

CamHostage

Is it me or have no VR titles been announced or talked about in both PC presentations?

There was a dedicated Upload VR Showcase:

...but yes, there is a lot less of that "VR is the future" buzz this year. This might be a rebuilding/charge-up period for VR before the next big PC VR product and the PS5 VR launches? (Quest is a breakthrough product but it's still outside of the major-platform conversation.) Almost all the games went back to meat-and-potatoes gaming this year after a bit of honeytrap experimentation in the past few years. VR has some work to do to get over the hump and get to that next level.

(*To explain one platform's lack of visibility by slamming another, Nintendo Switch is also having a quiet year so far. If you're a platform out of the mainstream, you've got to go it alone...)

It's not part of the zeitgeist of this show, but I do keep running into people who are like, "Yeah man, I got a Quest for Christmas" or "My girlfriend got a Quest recently" or "My office is talking about using Quest for this new project...", so good luck to FB and other VR manufacturers in building on that foundation.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Rankings so far:

Day of the Devs: A
PC Gaming Show: A
IGN showcase: B
Future Games Show: B-
Square Enix: C+
Xbox: C+
Devolver: C
Ubisoft: C
Summer Games Fest: D+

Future games show had a rocky start, a bit too many quips, was oddly paced(montages and then suddenly slowing to a crawl with dev commentary then speeding back up with another montage), but in the end it was full of gameplay content and some new content too. They need to make sure to have less and less leftovers from other presentations in the future. It's kind of a bad look especially during those moments where you don't expand on the content much.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Oooh. I hope there's some retro-inspired pixel art platformers with Kickstarter backing, or a 'new imagining' of a classic franchise, made with 0.0001% of the budget of the original that was made in 1994. And, that Day9 fellow is just so great to watch.
fortune teller gypsy GIF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Minute of Islands​

This just came out? looks great. I am always open for more stuff like Far lone sails or inside. Anyone tried it ?

Top Bottom