• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mandalorian Season 4 Rumoured to Become a Movie

Sybrix

Looks like season 4 will be a movie instead:

The genesis of this decision lies in the recent skirmishes involving the Writers Guild of America and the Screen Actors Guild - American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. Given this turmoil, there's uncertainty regarding Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau's prospects of completing two more foundational seasons, originally seen as stepping stones for a future Mandalorian movie.

Not sure about this, i really liked the seasons for The Mandalorian and given Disney's track record so far i'm sceptical.

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea on paper. It's clear that even with short seasons, they end up with quite a few unnecessary side plots and moments where the plot isn't really moving along. With a time constraint of 2ish hours they could tighten things up. They are already using the highest quality cameras and high quality CG art(especially with this last season), so why not go all the way.

NeoGiffer

yoda-embarrassed.gif

Disney still hasn't learned and we're still going to get constant movies about the Skywalker/Empire era.

Can we please get a movie that takes place in the far past or far future even though Disney will probably screw that up as well?

Last edited:

BlackTron

I think this is a great idea on paper. It's clear that even with short seasons, they end up with quite a few unnecessary side plots and moments where the plot isn't really moving along. With a time constraint of 2ish hours they could tighten things up. They are already using the highest quality cameras and high quality CG art(especially with this last season), so why not go all the way.

We had this great idea on paper already, they stretched out the Obi Wan movie to a show because Mandalorian was a better success than the bad movies. We know how that turned out.

Now the source of making everything shows, Mando, is becoming a movie, because they botched his show.

Maybe Star Wars Episode 10 will be a streaming show? Why not right? Whatever happened to be successful the week before it comes out, they can release it in that format.

Fbh

Not surprising. They want to milk the only thing they've managed to do with Star Wars that people seem to give a shit about.
But after S3 I can't say I'm too interested.

They need some new writers.

Season 3 was dreadfully written; I still had fun watching it.. because the VIBEZ are cool, but the story is terrible, and the action is poorly written too.

They made a decent standalone story with mando S1-2
Then they decided to undo much of the plot of the first 2 seasons.... on some Mando focused episodes on ANOTHER TV show (Boba Fett)
Then they basically made a Bo-Katan show that also features the Mandalorian and called it "season 3".

ManaByte

Gold Member
originally seen as stepping stones for a future Mandalorian movie.
They’re not stepping stones to a Mando movie. They’re stepping stones to Heir to the Empire.

The plan was:
Ahsoka S1
Skeleton Crew
Mando S4
Ahsoka S2
Heir to the Empire (movie)

But with the strike they don’t know if they’ll have time to film Mando S4 and Ahsoka S2 before 2025 when Heir to the Empire comes out. Mando S4 is already written so the idea is to cut all the filler and turn it into a movie instead.

We had this great idea on paper already, they stretched out the Obi Wan movie to a show because Mandalorian was a better success than the bad movies. We know how that turned out.

Now the source of making everything shows, Mando, is becoming a movie, because they botched his show.

Maybe Star Wars Episode 10 will be a streaming show? Why not right? Whatever happened to be successful the week before it comes out, they can release it in that format.
I wouldn't be surprised especially since the new Alien movie is going to be streaming only. It's also going to start that woman from Indiana Jones 5. Yike-a-roonies.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Never watched book of Fett or Mando season 3, I don’t know why either, just haven’t felt like watching either. Are they any good? Andor was amazing, but I think it being so good made me realize how bad the rest of Star Wars has been.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Skipped Season 3 after they put 2.5 in Bobba Fett, which was pretty dreadful. Like anything Disney touches, I feel they've already run this into the ground. What would be the idea of a movie anyway - an ending for Din's character?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I never even watched Season 3, nor Fett.

Sad, since at one time I lived, breathed, entrenched my life with Star Wars.

If one thing Disney did for me, is save me a lot of money on a IP/Brand that I would have no issues spending money on freely prior.

I got through that one episode in Boba Fett... and that was it for me. Super glad I didn't bother trying with season 3.

The single best decision I've made in terms of getting good quality entertainment was to swear off anything made by Disney. Working like a charm.

Might as well just call it a Bo Katan movie because that’s what’ll be. Got kind of annoyed with S3 changing to be practically centered around her, but I guess that was partly to blame on Pascal (from what I read), and also that was the least of the shows problems.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The mandalorian came off as a movie some scenes I’m fine with a mandalorian movie too many people are trying to protect shows and seasons.

I don't particularly like how S3 shifted its focus to Bo Katan but I don't particularly hate it either. I just prefer bounty hunter doing bounty hunter things. Also, sorry but the Razor Crest was just a more aesthetic ship compared to the soulless N-1.

Tams

Disney still hasn't learned and we're still going to get constant movies about the Skywalker/Empire era.

Can we please get a movie that takes place in the far past or far future even though Disney will probably screw that up as well?

We are the far future.

Wrong galaxy though.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised especially since the new Alien movie is going to be streaming only. It's also going to start that woman from Indiana Jones 5. Yike-a-roonies.
Phoebe Waller-Bridge? She does have a bit of a Sigourney Weaver look to her, she gonna be a young Ripley or are they adapting Isolation and she is her daughter? Or are they NOT adapting Isolation, gonna come up with their own, likely steaming pile of shit, storyline?

TheUsual

Gold Member
Never watched book of Fett or Mando season 3, I don’t know why either, just haven’t felt like watching either. Are they any good? Andor was amazing, but I think it being so good made me realize how bad the rest of Star Wars has been.
Book of Boba Fett is only good when they bring in the Mandalorian plot line into it. Everything else focusing on Boba Fett himself was dull. And watching it is pretty much required to watch Season 3 of Mando.

Konnor

Hasn't is become pretty shit now? Why do they think they can keep milking it? Are they that desperate?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hasn't is become pretty shit now? Why do they think they can keep milking it? Are they that desperate?
It's like the only merch success in the entire Disney period of star wars. They MUST milk it as its the only think bringing in $$$.

Ain't no girls buying Rey, Ahsoka, or Bo-Katan stuff. DEFINITELY no boys are. But Baby Yoda......that was a decent hit.

Trilobit

They should have just let Grogu go after he left with Luke. Find a different thing to for a bounty hunter to do.

Or at least have allowed Mando to be a few episodes completely without him so that it would have been more emotional when they finally reunited. But no, they didn't even wait until season 3 had started. It's weak storytelling.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge? She does have a bit of a Sigourney Weaver look to her, she gonna be a young Ripley or are they adapting Isolation and she is her daughter? Or are they NOT adapting Isolation, gonna come up with their own, likely steaming pile of shit, storyline?
Yes, PWB.

I don't think it's any of the above. The name of the new Alien movie is Alien: Romulus.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The last episode of season 3 has Mando and Grogu going off on their own and living on that planet with Grieff Karga. There's no Bo-Katan centered stuff going forward... But the Mando-Verse IS leading to Heir of the Empire.

Jinzo Prime

Use Filoni's Star Wars movie to bring the casts of Ahsoka and Mandolorian together and use it to set up Heir to the Empire. Recast Luke, Han, and Leia; make two more movies and call it a trilogy.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Use Filoni's Star Wars movie to bring the casts of Ahsoka and Mandolorian together and use it to set up Heir to the Empire. Recast Luke, Han, and Leia; make two more movies and call it a trilogy.

Everything before the last sentence is what is being planned.

Jinzo Prime

Filoni’s movie IS Heir to the Empire and is the finale to the Mando and Ahsoka series.

Everything before the last sentence is what is being planned.

Well good, looks like they have a solid plan, but hope it's more than just one movie and they have have the guts to, at least, cast a new Luke Skywalker. Mara Jade and Luke getting together at the end of a new trilogy would do a lot of good for the character after The Last Jedi.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Well good, looks like they have a solid plan, but hope it's more than just one movie and they have have the guts to, at least, cast a new Luke Skywalker. Mara Jade and Luke getting together at the end of a new trilogy would do a lot of good for the character after The Last Jedi.
Seeing as how Filoni was George’s Padawan and doesn’t do anything Lucas wouldn’t, don’t get your hopes up for Like and Mara. George said in his canon, Luke never got married.

Top Bottom