• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could the Timothy Zahn Thrawn trilogy be adapted as a television series?

deleted

Final season is airing in the next month or two. They are already busy creating another animated series. Its not announced yet tho.

They plan X amount of seasons.

I would kill for Filoni doing an Old Republic era show that maybe tells the Disney Canon events around KotoR etc. Never going to happen though

Ah, okay, if it's planned it doesn't sound too bad.

Excited for what comes next, maybe something entirely removed from the Clone Wars Era.

Luke had an evil clone named Luuke, created from his hand that got chopped off on Bespin, and wielding Anakin's lightsaber.

Search your feelings. You know that this story IS, in fact currently being told in the new canon right before our eyes. Except they tweaked it a bit by naming the clone something different:

Rey! She's a clone of his hand... there WAS no mother, only a father! It's the opposite of Anakin... like poetry!

The fandom's infatuation with this trilogy is so bizarre to me.

To answer the question: sure, it could, theoretically, I don't know who'd be stupid enough to bankroll that, but sure it could happen, it won't though, because that'd be silly.

I actually don't want this, even though it sounds great. I'd prefer them to explore a different part of the universe that's unconnected to the main struggle against the Empire.

A post Empire galaxy and a New Republic in its infancy, Luke's attempt to reboot the Jedi Order, and the scattered remnants of the Empire regrouping and attempting to retake the galaxy would be the safest bets. I can't see why you couldn't involve the core OT characters in this. It's far enough removed from the current timeline and fans are nostalgic for the OT. And many of these fans are regular consumers of animation of all genres and age demographics, which happens to include some of the Star Wars animated shows from the past 10 years. Using Clone Wars to sell expansion of prequel era was a hard sell to begin with and yet they managed to succeed in gaining a committed fanbase.

With good writers, I think the Lucas story team could work even more miracles with expanding the OT era set after Return of the Jedi. It would at the very least attract some interest by the media.

On the other hand, there's the option of pressing ahead with some of these ideas without the main OT cast, but it would disappoint many, not to mention take longer to win over viewers with an initial band of nobodies to shepherd the story forward.

Top Bottom