• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Coming September 2 (PC version in development)

rubbing hands GIF

sam winchester yawn GIF

What a fucking waste of resources. I really hope they don't delay GOW and this end up being their big second half of the year title.
Sont releasted TLOU2 / Ghost of Tsushima and Forbidden West / Gran Turismo 7 three weeks apart from each other.
Releasing this is September and God of War Ragnarok later is totally possible. They won't sit on a finished game, lol.

Bartski

Gold Member
need to see those gameplay enhancements, especially combat. No way they'll gonna leave jump and crawl from 2 out... but that would require changing level design a ton, how far remaking did they go?

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I have to be honest I'm not blown away by the visuals here, considering that this is supposedly built form the ground up for PS5 & PC.
TLOU2 still looks so good, so I guess it's going to be harder for them to raise that visual bar than I initially thought.

I love that this is running at 60fps out the gate though, that's certainly much appreciated.

Swift_Star

Banned
I don't understand what the point of this is.

You can play the game on PS5 already and it's no like the PS4 version doesn't hold up reasonably well by today's standards.

Talk about milking a cow.
People will buy it. And it’ll be bundled with ps5 in the future… so why not?

Lognor

Banned
I did not expect this to be $70. Damn!!

But great to see Sony confirming up front that it's coming to pc. I wonder if it'll be day one on pc.

Will factions launch with this?

WoJ

Can't wait to see how they change the story to retcon TLOU 2 and mix in other woke shit. I say this as someone who liked TLOU2 and thinks the blowback against that game is silly

Glad we have studies remaking games that aren't even 10 years old.

ksdixon

She looks miles better than tlou2 flashback ellie at first glance. Still seems aged-up from original release game. Anyone got proper comparison pics?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I meant in terms of the story. Jason's leak already pointed out that the gameplay systems were going to borrowed from TLOU2. But cutscenes look identical with slight difference in facial animations so they must have redone those.

I have played this game 5 times on the PS3 and another 5 times on the PS4 and PS4 Pro, and i have pretty much all the cutscenes memorized. The cutscene choreography is pretty much the same. If they didnt bother reshooting the scenes they likely didnt bother adding new gameplay levels let alone new cutscenes.

My 3080 is ready. Hoping its a day one release and $50 like the other Sony games on Steam.
I see. Well I still think it's kind of silly to assume that every cutscene is going to be literally identical when they have a 2nd chance to link it to the next game with 20/20 vision. I don't have any evidence of that obviously, but I guess we'll see.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And to think some gamers thought Spiderman, God of War and LoU would never come to PC. Add in UC4 and Mile Morales too.

All coming in 2022.

The only big franchise left not announced for PC is Gran Turismo. It'll come one day. I'm surprised it wasnt one of the first games since it's GAAS. Make more money for mtx. It should had been Sony's first. Cross play it with PS to grow the online user base and cash in on mtx from both users.

Swift_Star

Banned
For the record, Sony never referred to this as a remake.

"now rebuilt for PlayStation®5."

Sounds like something in between remaster and remake, perhaps.
It’s a 1:1 remake. Basically the same game with improved gameplay and a new coat of paint, not unlike the crash and Spyro remakes.

Swift_Star

Banned
Demon Souls and SOTC are a remakes, just stop.

Your ignorant concern goal posts are clownish at times.
Putting him on ignore was one of the best choices I’ve made. Too many unwarranted negativity. It gets old.
In brief, it's a waste of resources.
I don’t think so since this is cheap to develop. The assets, engine and gameplay have already been done for part 2. The level design is already done. They can reuse the same animation mocap they did for the first game.
Honestly, this must have been really cheap to make.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Its not the same game.

Its not the same content.

It's the same story. And story is the only reason why people like Naughty Dog games. Nobody is like "geez, this climbing mechanic in Uncharted feels amazing" or "wow, these wooden plank / ladder puzzles in The Last of Us are mind-bending".

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No ps4 version but it barely looks better than tlou2? Lmao why?

Edit: nvm slimy is probably on point.
I mean I called it didnt I? lol

This was being done by a support studio for PS4 and thats all it was going to be. TLOU with TLOU2's gameplay and visual enhancements, but then Herman started fucking around with it and then ND took over and wasted literally two years on an underhwelming PS4 remake.

I wouldnt have minded if this came from a B or Support Tier studio, but just the sheer fact that ND artists and programmers wasted 2 crucial years on a last gen looking game is very frustrating. Herman needs to be fired. THIS is Naughty God's first attempt on a PS5? This? Really? Almost 1.5 years into this gen? Last gen they had this trailer shown just 0.5 years into the gen.

SsOV.gif

Sure it was like a prerendered trailer but they got pretty close at the end with TLOU2 in cutscenes. I cant believe ND has wasted two years on something that doesnt even look as good as their trailer from 2014.

Last edited:

Hugare

I'm underwhelmed

It looks like a PS4 game. Don't know why it's not crossgen then.

Was hoping for something much more impressive for a PS5 game

And to think some gamers thought Spiderman, God of War and LoU would never come to PC. Add in UC4 and Mile Morales too.

All coming in 2022.

The only big franchise left not announced for PC is Gran Turismo. It'll come one day. I'm surprised it wasnt one of the first games since it's GAAS. Make more money for mtx. It should had been Sony's first. Cross play it with PS to grow the online user base and cash in on mtx from both users.

What Sony is doing makes perfect sense. You release them all years later after they are no longer console sellers.

Then when sequels come around the PC people who don't want to wait a year or so will be forced to buy a PlayStation.

And worst case if they aren't bothered they still get their money down the line.

Swift_Star

Banned
Same engine, was in development alongside TLoU 2 so no real improvement time.

also, $70 and no MP and not launching day 1 on any of the high tier plans ?

:messenger_grimmacing_
That’s not happening for SP first party titles and you already knew that.
Sony is not going that route.

Top Bottom