• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Coming September 2 (PC version in development)

In before “the graphics look the same”

coGoxP7.jpg

WcWZ15v.jpg

Spoiler: they don’t
The sheer amount of geometry detail is being way too discounted. Putting this next to a PS4 game is going to reveal just how flat everything looks in the PS4 game. Same issue with Demon's Souls - you take a first look and think its just a PS4 game, but play that for a few hours then boot up Dark Souls 3 and holy shit is there a massive difference.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont believe that. Im sure things are different. The gameplay is definitely changed. No reason to not make some edits the 2nd time around.
I meant in terms of the story. Jason's leak already pointed out that the gameplay systems were going to borrowed from TLOU2. But cutscenes look identical with slight difference in facial animations so they must have redone those.

I have played this game 5 times on the PS3 and another 5 times on the PS4 and PS4 Pro, and i have pretty much all the cutscenes memorized. The cutscene choreography is pretty much the same. If they didnt bother reshooting the scenes they likely didnt bother adding new gameplay levels let alone new cutscenes.

In development for PC . Oh yeah baby.

Where are the tears and salt ? I want them lol
My 3080 is ready. Hoping its a day one release and $50 like the other Sony games on Steam.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
wow someone is in real trouble at PSN.

They're sort of making it look "compatible" with part 2 but enhanced for PS5, part 2 HD next guaranteed

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I meant in terms of the story. Jason's leak already pointed out that the gameplay systems were going to borrowed from TLOU2. But cutscenes look identical with slight difference in facial animations so they must have redone those.

I have played this game 5 times on the PS3 and another 5 times on the PS4 and PS4 Pro, and i have pretty much all the cutscenes memorized. The cutscene choreography is pretty much the same. If they didnt bother reshooting the scenes they likely didnt bother adding new gameplay levels let alone new cutscenes.
“faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat.“

skneogaf

I'd prefer to wait for the pc version but I know I'll buy it on ps5 as I love the original so much.

I'll probably buy it on playstation and pc knowing me.

So should EVERYONE. This is a $70 PS4 game being marketed and sold as a PS5 game. Lets have high standards please.
Yes, I will have high standards...in 2024 when Unreal Engine 5 games start to slowly trickle out. We're literally just now barely starting to leave the cross-gen arc of the PS5/XSX. This game was probably in development in the past couple years, and on top of that it looks like they've simply used some of the assets of part 2 to make the dev time way faster. Knowing all of this, why in the world would I expect this game to be mind-blowing in graphics? Again, you're going to have a bad 2023 with these expectations.

I don't understand what the point of this is.
1bc393679f5e944f9a8d0cc52c5c412e.jpg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Are People saying 70 dollars like its confirmed? It can't be...there's just no way....70 dollars for this?

Hahaha, I actually respect sonys hustle...they do not give a FUCK!

absolute big dick energy!

Jim is next level.

GymWolf

Let's see if the ia is gonna look nowhere near the first infamous reveal.

Are they gonna sell this thing for 80 euros aswell??

Last edited:

Pejo

*edit*

Whoops, i hadn't updated the thread since the first page, this was already posted.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Looks cross gen basically visuals on par with TLOU 2 on PS4. Disappointed.
You were expecting it to look better than TLOU2?, what?.

Anyway i may check it out on PC. The orig game on PS3 was one of the last console games i every played, and really liked it, but i recently watched the DOC play the game and man the gameplay seemed really dated from what i remember.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

My 3080 is ready. Hoping its a day one release and $50 like the other Sony games on Steam.
Same card. My 3080 is ready. I swear selling my PS5 / Xbox series x for a profit is probably the best thing I did this generation so far in terms of gaming

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
You were expecting it to look better than TLOU2?, what?.

Anyway i may check it out on PC. The orig game on PS4 was one of the last console games i every played, and really liked it, but i recently watched the DOC play the game and man the gameplay seemed really dated from what i remember.

Yeah l was as it's suppose to be be ground up built for PS5 this clearly looks cross gen.

Fbh

sam winchester yawn GIF

What a fucking waste of resources. I really hope they don't delay GOW and this end up being their big second half of the year title.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lack of PS4 version is suprising.
It basicly looks like TLOU2 which ran fine on PS4.
There will be a PS4 version. Sony has a habit of announcing games as PS5 releases. HFW, Miles, GT7, GOW, RE8, RE4make, Godfall were all announced as PS5 games. They are all cross gen.

They didnt limit their graphics vision and deliver an underwhelming remake for no reason. This game was designed to sell to PS4 owners with a 60 fps mode for PS5 owners.

Top Bottom