• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - is available now on PC

Hoddi

28 people dealing with a port is not a lot a people?
Who says they're all programmers? That list includes the business and management side as well.

Besides, there's not much a programmer can do about game assets being large. This game was explicitly made for a 16GB console and it was never gonna work well on 8GB GPUs.

Kvally

Banned
Still broke :(

We are currently investigating the following issues:
  • Loading shaders takes longer than expected
  • Performance and stability is degraded while shaders are loading in the background
  • Older graphics drivers leads to instability and/or graphical problems
  • Game may be unable to boot despite meeting the minimum system requirements
  • A potential memory leak
  • Mouse and camera jitter for some players, depending on hardware and display settings
  • Corrupted-appearing/neon textures in game

Kataploom

Gold Member
Why are they wasting time with older drivers????????????
Many people, including myself, are always one or two versions behind for some weeks or months to avoid being vendors unpaid beta testers or if there's an issue with a specific feature we care about. Oc if the drivers are like 4 years old I could agree with your pov.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Been playing a lot after the Nvidia Driver and hotfix. They fixed a lot of the fucking issues with this. I am now in Summer. VERY Good Port, afterwards.
It is definitely not the Last of US game that I first played on PS3. Play on Grounded,imo, this game is too fucking easy, otherwise.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Many people, including myself, are always one or two versions behind for some weeks or months to avoid being vendors unpaid beta testers or if there's an issue with a specific feature we care about. Oc if the drivers are like 4 years old I could agree with your pov.
Nvidia constantly releases "game ready" and "hot fix" drivers, so people will really complain because they are having issues with older drivers???

John Bilbo

We are currently investigating the following issues:
  • Loading shaders takes longer than expected
  • Performance and stability is degraded while shaders are loading in the background
  • Older graphics drivers leads to instability and/or graphical problems
  • Game may be unable to boot despite meeting the minimum system requirements
  • A potential memory leak
  • Mouse and camera jitter for some players, depending on hardware and display settings
  • Corrupted-appearing/neon textures in game
I'm glad they are investigating their own work! I hope they get Sherlock Holmes on the case.

The Fartist

Gold Member

This mod looks really cool!

shocked holy shit GIF

Kataploom

Gold Member
Nvidia constantly releases "game ready" and "hot fix" drivers, so people will really complain because they are having issues with older drivers???
Yes? As I said, many people play with older drivers, it's just a matter of avoiding bad drivers until they can confirm no one else had issues

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Yes? As I said, many people play with older drivers, it's just a matter of avoiding bad drivers until they can confirm no one else had issues
Again: People play on the older driver without the fixes on the new driver for the game and complain about issues on the game that are fixed on the new driver?

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
So, after completing it. I've only had one major bug. I think I was trying to do some kind of animation via button prompt, right? Well, I did it while whipping around the corner of the desk, so I was pushed forward and down, then through the floor. I just ALTF4ed that shit, because it wasn't an instant death.

Regarding performance... this game is weird. I tried to turn down some settings as an experiment, to see if it would affect Vram/performance and surprisingly, I can tick everything ultra except for effects, that's on High. I get 60FPS most of the time with DLSS on Quality. Many settings seem to not affect performance or even Vram, but if you play with toggling graphics settings on and off, the max amount of vram changes... it's odd. Also, some places that don't have much going on at all, I get drops into the lower 50s sometimes... we're talking small rooms with some decent lighting. Nothing spectacular, meanwhile, while I'm roaming around Spring, all the spore effects, the backgrounds, huge open area... 60FPS, solid.

winjer

Gold Member

The Last of Us Part I Patch 1.0.4.0 Release Notes​

PC

• Optimized CPU and GPU use throughout the game
  • Improved texture fidelity and resolution on in-game Low and Medium settings
  • Improved graphical fidelity on the in-game Low graphics preset, particularly water surfaces no longer appear black
  • Fixed a crash that may occur during shader building
  • Fixed a crash that may occur when quitting to the Main Menu
  • Also fixed a crash that may occur when dying after combat
  • Fixed an issue where, on first boot, players may experience longer wait times to load into the game
  • Added an option for players to lock and unlock performance stats simultaneously in the HUD menu (Options > HUD)
  • Added descriptions in the Graphics menus to better explain when certain settings may affect another (Options > Display)
  • Also added a Texture Streaming Rate setting (Graphics > Texture Settings)
  • Fixed an issue where skipping cutscenes during a critical load may cause the game to hang
  • Fixed an issue where the shader load warning did not appear while relaunching the game
  • Updated the VRAM bar to more accurately display the OS+Apps usage
  • Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader read values for locked settings which may imply those same locked setting were active
  • Fixed an issue where aiming downward while using keyboard and mouse (KBM) may increase camera sensitivity
  • Refined the handling of certain commands that are assigned the same KBM keybinding
  • Corrected Brazilian Portuguese, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, LATAM Spanish, Spanish, Thai, and Traditional Chinese translations for multiple menu options
  • [Ultrawide Displays] Corrected the Rangefinder reticle position for the bow

AMD

• Fixed a crash that may occur on AMD CPUs with affinity limited to X3D cores
  • Fixed an issue where textures may render incorrectly on AMD GPUs

Steam

• Fixed an issue where the “It Can’t Be For Nothing” achievement did not trigger, despite acquiring all other achievements

Steam Deck

• Fixed an issue on Steam Deck where resetting Display settings to Default no longer enabled AMD FSR 2 (Options > Display)

Kataploom

Gold Member

The Last of Us Part I Patch 1.0.4.0 Release Notes​

PC

• Optimized CPU and GPU use throughout the game
  • Improved texture fidelity and resolution on in-game Low and Medium settings
  • Improved graphical fidelity on the in-game Low graphics preset, particularly water surfaces no longer appear black
  • Fixed a crash that may occur during shader building
  • Fixed a crash that may occur when quitting to the Main Menu
  • Also fixed a crash that may occur when dying after combat
  • Fixed an issue where, on first boot, players may experience longer wait times to load into the game
  • Added an option for players to lock and unlock performance stats simultaneously in the HUD menu (Options > HUD)
  • Added descriptions in the Graphics menus to better explain when certain settings may affect another (Options > Display)
  • Also added a Texture Streaming Rate setting (Graphics > Texture Settings)
  • Fixed an issue where skipping cutscenes during a critical load may cause the game to hang
  • Fixed an issue where the shader load warning did not appear while relaunching the game
  • Updated the VRAM bar to more accurately display the OS+Apps usage
  • Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader read values for locked settings which may imply those same locked setting were active
  • Fixed an issue where aiming downward while using keyboard and mouse (KBM) may increase camera sensitivity
  • Refined the handling of certain commands that are assigned the same KBM keybinding
  • Corrected Brazilian Portuguese, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, LATAM Spanish, Spanish, Thai, and Traditional Chinese translations for multiple menu options
  • [Ultrawide Displays] Corrected the Rangefinder reticle position for the bow

AMD

• Fixed a crash that may occur on AMD CPUs with affinity limited to X3D cores
  • Fixed an issue where textures may render incorrectly on AMD GPUs

Steam

• Fixed an issue where the “It Can’t Be For Nothing” achievement did not trigger, despite acquiring all other achievements

Steam Deck

• Fixed an issue on Steam Deck where resetting Display settings to Default no longer enabled AMD FSR 2 (Options > Display)
Thanks, waiting for some comments yo see if it's now safe to buy

k_trout

New patch, not tried it yet

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.4.3, which includes a fix for “longer than expected shader compilation time” in The Last of Us Part I

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.79

• Reduced shader building times
  • Optimized code to improve global CPU performance
  • Optimized content to improve performance across several levels
  • Improved level loading to help reduce the amount of 'Please Wait' and loading screens
  • Added a new Effects Density setting, which adjusts the density and number of non-critical visual effects (Options > Graphics)
  • Increased crowd sizes on Low and Medium Ambient Character Density settings and added a Very Low option (Options > Graphics)
  • Implemented additional scalability tuning for Low and Medium in-game Graphics settings
  • Reduced the VRAM impact of texture quality settings, allowing most players to increase their texture quality settings or experience improved performance with their current settings
  • Fixed a crash that would occur on boot on Windows 11
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on Intel Arc
  • Fixed a crash that may occur when starting a New Game in Left Behind prior to the completion of shader building
  • Corrected an issue where pointing the camera at the floor while aiming would cause the player and camera to visually stutter
  • Fixed an issue where Sniping Sensitivity settings were not applying to all scoped weapons. Additionally, Sniping Sensitivity has been renamed to Scoped Sensitivity (Options > Controls > Mouse Camera Sensitivity)
  • Fixed an issue where players could not click on 'Jump To Unbound' when prompted in the custom controls settings (Options > Controls > Input > Customize Controls)
  • Fixed an issue where changing Graphics settings (Options > Graphics > Graphics Preset) during gameplay wouldn't restart the player at the correct checkpoint
  • Fixed an issue where adjustments to Lens Flare (Options > Graphics > Visual Effects Settings > Lens Flare) were not not applied

• [Pittsburgh] Fixed an issue where players may consistently fall out-of-world when restarting at the checkpoint in the bookstore
  • [Left Behind] Fixed an issue where players may get soft locked when jumping into the electrified water

AMD-Specific

• Implemented improvements to load times
  • Fixed an issue where shaders may take an abnormally long time to load

Last edited:
Top Bottom