• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Last Of Us’ becomes HBO’s 2nd largest debut after ‘House Of The Dragon’ since 2010 with 4.7M viewers

So its at 10 million views in 2 days US only.

That brilliant for a HBO show as far as I know.

Last of Us seems to be mor popular in Europe based in game sales charts so Id guess the EU number will be good too.

Last edited:
Fixed that for you.
Warner Bros has the final say, it's HBO that will renew it for Season 2/3/4 and so on or cancel it, and if they if can't find another network?
You think Sony will just keep making it?
That's not how it works
And the networks have control and do influence shows.
This is why so many show runners leave, because no matter where it's produced the network always interferes, even if networks own by the company producing the show.
But HBO is pretty good as far as I'm aware, so no worries.
I doubt they do anything to ruin it.
They would find another network in a heartbeat...

I can't wait for the second episode since I didn't get past the mission where you have to sneak out in the rain in the first game. So everything from episode 2 onwards will be new for me.

Both my partner and I really enjoyed episode 1. Everything just looks top notch.

kyliethicc

I can't wait for the second episode since I didn't get past the mission where you have to sneak out in the rain in the first game. So everything from episode 2 onwards will be new for me.

Both my partner and I really enjoyed episode 1. Everything just looks top notch.
wait so you never played either game?

Mikey Jr.

Curious to see how they'll handle Joel for season 2, considering that
He dies earliy in part 2 and many people didn't liked that.

I don't see Bella carrying the series to be honest.

Who said there is a season 2?

Could be a 1 and done type of show.

Like Netflix. 10 million viewers in 2 days... yeah, any network would take it.

Look at the viewership numbers, the critical reviews, and the audience reviews...

Then go home, you're drunk

Knowing it was going to have the HBO label on it, everyone (or at least me) knew it was going to be good or above average. HBO usually doesn’t disappoint major releases. People keep saying Sony/PlayStation made it completely by themselves which is false, HBO heads definitely have influence/input.

At Netflix you would get something like the Witcher. Amazon may be a bit better but still had potential for LOTR. But HBO you were going to get minimum season 8 GoT quality so one could assume it would already be among the best adaptations ever.

Something about HBO

Kagero

Knowing it was going to have the HBO label on it, everyone (or at least me) knew it was going to be good or above average. HBO usually doesn’t disappoint major releases. People keep saying Sony/PlayStation made it completely by themselves which is false, HBO heads definitely have influence/input.

At Netflix you would get something like the Witcher. Amazon may be a bit better but still had potential for LOTR. But HBO you were going to get minimum season 8 GoT quality so one could assume it would already be among the best adaptations ever.

Something about HBO
Agreed. HBO and Naughty Dog have similar standards and aesthetics. It’s a perfect fit.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
it'll be interesting to see how they're going to tackle S2
seeing as Joel gets killed quite early on in the game
they'll probably want to change that, the only thing i can see working is if they introduce us to Abby and have 2 stories playing out simultaneously, hers & then Joel’s & Ellie so that we get to know Abby in depth and care for her before the finale of season 2 where
SHE FUCKING MURDERS JOEL!!!
That leaves the viewer with a complete What the absolute FUCK! Red Wedding level scene to cap of S2, then S3 can begin with everyone upset/unsettled and then continue the story..

That's actually quite an interesting idea. I mighve felt different in the game if I had known or cared about Abby first.

Also, I don't mind buff women at all if their face looks pretty enough and not like a man. So can I suggest either Colleen fotch (on whose body Abby's body was designed. Don't know why they had to change the face and make her uglier) or Brooke ence (who is jacked but is also pretty AND had a few acting credits under her name)?

Colleen-

Colleen-Fotsch-transformation.png

Brooke-

IMG_20191022_005309-1237x1536.jpg

That's actually quite an interesting idea. I mighve felt different in the game if I had known or cared about Abby first.

Also, I don't mind buff women at all if their face looks pretty enough and not like a man. So can I suggest either Colleen fotch (on whose body Abby's body was designed. Don't know why they had to change the face and make her uglier) or Brooke ence (who is jacked but is also pretty AND had a few acting credits under her name)?

Colleen-

Brooke-

I want her to body slam me onto the concrete

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Colleen-

Brooke-

I don't think Abby needs to be as muscular in the series as she is in the game. I would maybe cast Florence Pugh.

Yoboman

I strongly suspect the season will end with Abby coming to the hospital seeing what happened to her dad and the last scene will be her looking at the camera with a vengeful stare.
I hope not, Part 1 ending is perfect as is. That sounds like some Marvel post credits shit

The mystery of why Abby wanted to kill Joel also needs to be maintained.

At most maybe they extend some scenes with the doctor, maybe he mentions having a daughter but they don't show her

Woggleman

At the start of season 2 they rewind back to 2003 and show a doctor straight out of medical school dealing with the outbreak and all the horror that comes with it and he swears that he will do everything he can to stop this. It turns out that doctor is Jerry but they don't show that until later in the season when we finally see the infamous scene with Abby. The rest of season two deals with the fallout between Ellie and Joel because of his actions at the hospital and it ends with the infamous scene.

xrnzaaas

I don't think Abby needs to be as muscular in the series as she is in the game. I would maybe cast Florence Pugh.
They're gonna double down on what it's in the game, don't expect normal size actresses to play Abby's role. ;) The only question is can they find an extremely muscular woman who can also act (quite) a bit.

Last edited:

Tomi

Sony and ND are on killing streak!!!

Sales of Ps4 and ps5 versions of the game are very high, every new episode will shatter viewership records, and march 3rd with pc release will be the icing on the cake

This is crazy what Nd has done, millions and millions of profit everywhere

Tallahassee

Something about HBO
this

netflix is quantity over quality, most of their releases are trash

EDMIX

Something about HBO

lol I find most people who say or think like this haven't actually looked up the studios that make that content, yet assume "the HBO label" has something to do with it or something....

The studio for The Last Of Us was already picked as HBO is NOT SONY Pictures Television....

Thats like fucking saying Apple has bad quality, I mean that stupid ass Masters Of The Air show isn't up to "hBoz qUalItyz"...... so of course someone might think this that doesn't know WHO is making the show, they think HBO is making the show... HBO is part of this, they are not the studio at helm and if Netflix got the bid, the studio would just have it funded by them and released on Netflix, JUST like Masters Of The Air is on Apple instead of HBO.

Even the comment regarding the Witcher is incorrect, its budget is by no means something small.

Sandman's was around 15 million per episode

Just like you got Sekrio by Activision, yet Bloodborne by Sony, yet Elder Ring by Namco-Bandi If you understand that is the same team and those games were merely funded by those publishers, you better understand how those deals come about between HBO, Netflix, Amazon, Apple etc.

Don't let the fucking name of the company marketing, streaming and funding the show stop you man.

So you not watching Master Of The Air cause HBO isn't in the fucking beginning? Even with it literally by the same people that made Band Of Brothers? =)

Last edited:

aclar00

They must regret TLOU2 story now that they have Pedro Pascal on board. They have to rewrite the whole thing (it was a mess anyway).

Abby actress will be the most hated actress in the history of the medium. Good luck to they/them.

I dont know what the plans are for the show, but they could easily get 3-5 seasons with Joel. Wasnt there years between Part 1 and Joels death in Part 2. Thats a lot of time to create some untold stories not in the game. Even anything, the series could add canon to the game.

levyjl1988

Banned
The Last of Us TV show is definitely killing it.
Microsoft needs to step up. The Halo TV series Season 1 is just a colossal failure.

levyjl1988

Banned
Why is it bad?

I heard people saying it's junk but I'm wondering what's bad about it.

There are literally tons of YouTube videos saying it's bad, and it's hard to disagree with them.
Essentially the Halo TV series deviates from the source material and gives us CW garbage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom