• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I - PS5 - Coming September 2 (PC version in development)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't understand what the point of this is.

It'll sell millions for not much development, not surprised. Someone in this thread is probably already Googling where they can pre-order it.

Ulysses 31

“faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat.“
It says total overhaul so story alterations is not off the table.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They are literally using the same exact cutscenes from the first. I saw no differences. They just swapped out the character models and other assets. Everything else is the same.

This isnt a remake like RE2 and RE3. This is more of a asset swap like Demon Souls and SOTC. You dont have to worry about new cutscenes, new gameplay sections with Abby etc.
I dont believe that. Im sure things are different. The gameplay is definitely changed. No reason to not make some edits the 2nd time around.

Flutta

Banned

You can play the game on PS5 already and it's no like the PS4 version doesn't hold up reasonably well by today's standards.

Talk about milking a cow.
”Gamers be like”

milk GIF

You can play the game on PS5 already and it's no like the PS4 version doesn't hold up reasonably well by today's standards.

Milking a zombie in this case. It’s not pleasant .

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'll still get it, although I still don't think it was necessary. That being said, I haven't seen gameplay and it could very well convince me otherwise that it is.

Topher

Gold Member
They are literally using the same exact cutscenes from the first. I saw no differences. They just swapped out the character models and other assets. Everything else is the same.

This isnt a remake like RE2 and RE3. This is more of a asset swap like Demon Souls and SOTC. You dont have to worry about new cutscenes, new gameplay sections with Abby etc.

For the record, Sony never referred to this as a remake.

"now rebuilt for PlayStation®5."

Sounds like something in between remaster and remake, perhaps.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just seems so weird that it's not on ps4 as well. Like you're going to have a native version of part 1 on the ps5 but not ps4 and part 2 only on ps4 with a ps5 patch.....

...wait a minute, of course there is going to be a directors cut of last of us part 2 on ps5 that includes factions?

I mean, where the fuck is factions...they cant be charging full price for this with just the campaign, surely.

Oh and just to add, this game is one of my favourite games of all time...like legit top 5...I'm all over it...I just don't think this needs to exist....I completed the ps4 version like 6 months ago again and it's still basically perfect and looks great.
I thought for sure they would bundle this with Factions and a TLOU2 native PS5 SKU but Jimbo being jimbo.

They are treating this like Demon Souls which was also $70 despite the fact that the SOTC remake was only $40. New Sony is not the same as old Sony.

That said, Demon Souls looked better to me than this game which still looks very last gen while DS still had a somewhat next gen feel to it.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Be interesting to see what they mean by ‘modernising gameplay’

They changing parts of the story aren’t they.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like Sony is pricing the game as a normal release. So $90 CDN standard/$130 CDN Deluxe Edition.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Awesome i have to have it, i need it. Fuck yes. There are some parts that i love in the first game that will look fucking amazing. Is there another link? I cant watch it.

Last edited:

I would have no problem doing a fifth playthrough on this if it came with Factions or was $20 cheaper. But $70 for the same game I already bought twice and beat four times...

I'll probably pass on this one and get it for PC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Demon Souls and SOTC are a remakes, just stop.

Your ignorant concern goal posts are clownish at times.

Last edited:

SilentUser

Definitely my favorite ND game. Not sure it needed a remake. Cool that they’re just announcing a PC version right up front too.
Same here. Loved the first title (played it on PS3 and later played the PS4 version). I'm skipping the PS5 version, though the graphics are far better than the PS3, I don't think there is a compelling reason to pay for it again.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Yeah, so manypc ports at once would canibalize sales. I was just happy with a ps4 version of the game. Specs should be much higher for a PS5 one.

What the heck are they going to remake? 7th gen games still feel fresh when played at higher resolutions and frame rates.

SoraNoKuni

So, that means we'll see the overdose Kojima thing, the snitch has been 100% correct in everything, and seems like a Sony leaker.

Top Bottom