• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Well tried 3 apps with the slot thing. Didn't get spins. Guess I'm done with that.

Maybe I should just tie a debit card to my iTunes.
You can contact them on Facebook or give it some minutes. It took me a week getting more than 60.000 and getting Minecraft for free. Don't give up just yet.

Karish

How the fuck do I get Vice City cloud saves to work between my iPhone and iPad? I saved a game in an "empty cloud slot" on my iPhone. Downloaded and installed it on my ipad, then went to load game, and there's not cloud saves available. I had a similar issue with Rayman. Why can't I figure this out?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
How the fuck do I get Vice City cloud saves to work between my iPhone and iPad? I saved a game in an "empty cloud slot" on my iPhone. Downloaded and installed it on my ipad, then went to load game, and there's not cloud saves available. I had a similar issue with Rayman. Why can't I figure this out?

Signed into iCloud on both devices? iCloud enabled?

You can contact them on Facebook or give it some minutes. It took me a week getting more than 60.000 and getting Minecraft for free. Don't give up just yet.
It works. I got twd. It just ain't working atm. And it's quite a lot of tedium to save $5 xD.

Also. Free alert.

The sims medieval is free.

GeekyDad

Into the dead is awesome! Easily the best runner I've played.

oprah.gif

Sometimes I feel like the Sheldon Cooper of GAF...

Booter

having some issues with controlling Mutant Mudds on iPhone 5. the flying with double tap can be challenging because it's easy to have my finger move off the button. really wanted to try it out, glad I only paid $0.99.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Not available in the Brazilian store. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why this happens with a few games, do you know the reason, Mario? I'm guessing it has to do with ratings.

I think you are right. Brazil didn't even have a Games category until recently either, though some devs cheated around that.

Goddamn. If Final Fantasy Tactics HD goes on sale after I bought it last week, I'm going to be pissed.

MAKE YOUR SHIT UNIVERSAL SE

It's the end of the year yo. Shit is gonna go on sale! WOOOOOOO

no universal and cloudsaves for all SE shit sucks.

And freaking Chaos Rings 2 has some ridiculously low framerate cap (20ish?) which pisses me off.

I'm not really feeling Into the Dead, though I got bored of Temple Run really quickly too and that game has more going on. Seems like there's nothing much to it besides swaying left and right to avoid zombies. The parts where you're in a forest or cornfield are better, but the game still seems pretty brain dead to me. As far as the weapons go, I think I'd already had my share of zombie killing for awhile around the time the second Dead Rising came out, I know it's already been mentioned but I'm surprised some people are still trying to take part in that fad.

Looks really cool though!

Hmmm that shouldn't happen. Can you describe the ad?

Was it fullscreen for another game, some sort of offer/coupon, or a banner ad?
Off the top of my head, pretty sure it was an offer (the pop up window that takes up 50% of the screen).

Also had a trouble with the offers taking far too long to load (you should be able to close the window after a few seconds regardless).

Fuck no I play games to relax not have aneurysms
what are you looking for? If you like puzzles, there are some decent puzzle games last month. If you want a good word game, Writer Rumble is good. If you want some virtual stick stuff, MC4 and Vice City seem decent.

And holy shit, when did Simpsons game get so hot? Top grossing on iphone in the states. I remember playing this when it was broke ass and they pulled it. If I enjoy old simpsons (up to season 8 pretty much) will I dig it?

bonesquad

Hmmm that shouldn't happen. Can you describe the ad?

Was it fullscreen for another game, some sort of offer/coupon, or a banner ad?

I just had this happen in Into the Dead too:( If this isn't intentional, my guess to what happens is this. After a run ended, I jumped back into a new run hitting next/play as fast as possible. Then a second or so after the run started, I think the ad the game wanted to load between matches finally displayed (it was one of those that cover the screen but can be quickly dismissed with the 'X') pausing the game in the process.

PittaGAF

I just had this happen in Into the Dead too:( If this isn't intentional, my guess to what happens is this. After a run ended, I jumped back into a new run hitting next/play as fast as possible. Then a second or so after the run started, I think the ad the game wanted to load between matches finally displayed (it was one of those that cover the screen but can be quickly dismissed with the 'X') pausing the game in the process.

Happened to me as well.
It was an ad I had to press the X to get rid of it.
After that I immediately died.

I'm not really feeling Into the Dead, though I got bored of Temple Run really quickly too and that game has more going on. Seems like there's nothing much to it besides swaying left and right to avoid zombies. The parts where you're in a forest or cornfield are better, but the game still seems pretty brain dead to me. As far as the weapons go, I think I'd already had my share of zombie killing for awhile around the time the second Dead Rising came out, I know it's already been mentioned but I'm surprised some people are still trying to take part in that fad.

Looks really cool though!

Ditto too man, the visual are cool but I am just not gelling with the base gameplay. And the seeming lack (or simplicity) of the metagame is just not pulling me in. I doubt the game will last long on my system.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Yes, just chased this up. Its a problem with skipping "too fast" through the menus. Apparently caught and fixed.

We should be submitting the update today that has a few fixes and adds the next game mode.

Roi

Sooo nice to play Vice City again :).

Still having some problems shooting though, if you want to shoot someone behind you'll have to run a little circle until they're in front of you..

Also having some difficulty's changing the weapons during a fight, swiping doesn't work that great.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Lucifon

Anyone tried Hollywood Monsters yet? Someone on TouchArcade said it was crashing a ton. Game looks great to me but I don't want to pick it up if it's broke.

Is it me or AppShopper is kind of slow on updating things? I usually get the notifications about sales or updates faster here than AppShopper.

Cth

Re into the dead...

anyone else having trouble with collisions? I can't get anything to collide with me anymore.

lol wario revealing his hand.

Anyhow, got MC4, game runs great on iphone 5, visuals aren't as good as nova 3, but MC has always been about solid framerate over visuals.

Will poke at it more.

Shaneus

Fuck, completely forgot about Vice City. Anyone on iPad 3 able to confirm how it looks/runs? 60/30fps?

Does any version run at 60fps?

Goli

Going by that site it seems FFI and FFII are getting sales too. I wonder why...
SE generally does sales when they release new games or so I've noticed, and since this one is specifically for those titles (it seems), does this mean a new FF game is coming to iOS?
#FFIVDStoiOS #believe

A Square-Enix sale? They are gonna piss me off with FFT HD at 9.99. I just know it.

What happens if I sell a house in Happy Street? I just noticed that I built 3 wood cottages instead of the other type of houses lol

Zeth

Minigore 2 is pretty damn good. Lots of nice weapons/abilities and jetpack joyride style missions that keep you playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom