• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iOS Gaming Thread December 2012: Santa touched me somewhere weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Mind blown?

Just wait until we release Shatter on iPad early next year. That will be "Developed by Sidhe" and "Published by PikPok".

Smoke and mirrors!

can't do arkanoid games on ipad, my finger slowly gets stuck to the screen and its uncomfortable.

Already bought ages ago on PSN though, so I'm sure you don't mind :)

T.O.P

Banned
I really hope for a Cave Christmas Sale, i had DDP and ESP on my lost GS2 and i don't wanna pay full price for a second time to get them on my Ipad :/

Will try Into The Dead later, looks awesome

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yup, in Ravenmark's options menu we included a tip jar IAP section, with $0.99, $4.99 and $9.99 denominations. The morale boost of hearing back from fans who left us tips tends to have more effect than the actual financial benefit, but every bit counts really. We're grateful there are actually people who like our game enough to use their money for tips instead of buying some other game.
That's really cool! Didn't know if Apple would allow something like that.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Wow... I'm having lots of problems with "Into The Dead" locking up in the menus on my 4s running ios6. Can play once and then when I go to play again no luck. Tried rebooting, reinstalling and still have issues. Anyone else having problems?

EDIT : nevermind... Everything seems fine now. Odd......

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
virtual buttons. you can change the opacity of them as well as the position. seems like they put some thought into it.

That's very positive. As long as I can move them I'm happy. I'll check it out later, if it's good I'll shout from the rooftops.

So I recall someone recommended Mighty Wardens yesterday, anyone try it yet? Sounds great on paper (combo based system, 4 classes, loot, co-op online mp with voice chat, online pvp, pretty much on the border of iffy with castle crasher).

I guess the game lives and dies based off how the game feels in terms of controls.

Only had time to try out modern combat 4 so far but it is rather good, runs like sub 30fps on my ipad 3 but really well on my iphone 5.

sangreal

Into the Dead is a lot of fun, but I really don't like how it punishes you for your past success with the "get a new record" challenges

So I recall someone recommended Mighty Wardens yesterday, anyone try it yet? Sounds great on paper (combo based system, 4 classes, loot, co-op online mp with voice chat, online pvp, pretty much on the border of iffy with castle crasher).

I guess the game lives and dies based off how the game feels in terms of controls.

It's okay, it controls fairly well. The problem I had was that it is just mind numbing repetitive. At least with Castle Crashers you have alterations with the backdrop and enemy sprites (although many do attack the same) and that does a lot to help prevent the repetitive nature of the gameplay becoming a chore. Wardens just doesn't achieve that, the first level is fighting the same group of 5-6 orcs 12 times with a scrolling backdrop. It is very likely better in MP, but I can't recommend it really.

Curious how mc4 controls. After playing a bunch of dead zone, I realized that the lack of iron sight really does make the aiming controls a lot better.

Pachimari

I'm on iPhone right now but apparently all of Gamelofts upcoming games have leaked

War Boys look awesome! Also there'll be a Modern Combat 5: Last War.

how is the control?

Just like every other gameloft 1st person shooter if you have played any, though there is a weird bug sometimes such as you throw a grenade, tap somewhere else and the game throws a second grenade, no idea what causes it.

Curious how mc4 controls. After playing a bunch of dead zone, I realized that the lack of iron sight really does make the aiming controls a lot better.

MC4 online, use a grip and silencer and just spray away without iron sights, and I agree they don't really work well on touch games where you have to toggle ADS often.

Deadzone is still the online king for me right now, it plays so well and has the perfect pace of movement and action to not overwealm you.

I'm on iPhone right now but apparently all of Gamelofts upcoming games have leaked

War Boys look awesome! Also there'll be a Modern Combat 5: Last War.

I hope dungeon hunter 4 is like the first two and not an arena based time sink.

OMG GT racing 2 hhhgggggg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Only those racing games look decent to me. GT2 particularly (though GTi or whatever wasn't very good so I'd probably still wait for Real Racing 3 instead). War Boys has nice TF2-like weapon models but the rest looks sloppy in the video. Well, the isometric games (but not DH4) look good too but I dunno if I'd trust GameLoft to make good RTS and magement games, those tend to need a lot of polish and balancing etc, while Gameloft often doesn't even get simple action games right beyond the superficial elements.

Pachimari

Only those racing games look decent to me. War Boys has nice TF2-like weapon models but the rest looks sloppy in the vid.
To me Total Conquest and My Funny Hospital looks interesting. Those are the only ones along with War Boys that have my attention.

I also agree that Shadowgun Deadzone is the shooter king right now. But you guys should also try out Criminal Missions: SWAT =/

Guessing Vice City doesn't run well on iPhone 4? Anyone here tried it on iPhone 4?

Edit: Yeah, watched a video showing it on iPhone 4, really laggy. Time to upgrade I guess

chris121580

Never thought I'd see the day I'd be playing Vice City on my phone. I remember the day I first played it on PS2 like it was yesterday and how blown away I was

Really liking Into the Dead

The ad is not that bad like some people exaggerated it to be.

It doesn't appear during gameplay
Edit: i take that back... I was playing then game paused and AD lol

bonesquad

Into the Dead is a lot of fun, but I really don't like how it punishes you for your past success with the "get a new record" challenges

I wasn't a fan of that ether. Especially the second one (is there a 3rd?) where you needed to get a high score without using any weapon. On the plus side, the cost (in game currency) to skip a challenge, at least early on, seems a bit on the cheap side (shhh:) So I just skipped that one.

And I agree, the ads seem fine. Occasionally between games an ad pops up that can be quickly dismissed. Not a big deal in a game that was initially free.

sangreal

I wasn't a fan of that ether. Especially the second one (is there a 3rd?) where you needed to get a high score without using any weapon. On the plus side, the cost (in game currency) to skip a challenge, at least early on, seems a bit on the cheap side (shhh:) So I just skipped that one.

And I agree, the ads seem fine. Occasionally between games an ad pops up that can be quickly dismissed. Not a big deal in a game that was initially free.

Yeah, that's exactly the one I was talking about. I ended up skipping it too

I do wonder how much money they will make since the free coins flow in pretty steadily

xJavonta

Banned
That's exactly how this game works: first 20 minutes - "fuck this game!!" next 12 hours - "oh god just one more go..."
Yeah but I'm really bad lol this is my high score.
lasZe.png

I suppose it's better than my first experience with it where I was dying every 5 seconds rofl. Now I see how fantastic the game is. It's really addictive and I don't know why

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah I'm steadily getting better but I'm still in the "wow I suck // FUCK THIS GAME" stage. I wish the control scheme was traceable but maybe that would make it too easy.

Zeth

Any more iPad Mini impressions for new releases? I'm guessing MC4 will handle as well or better than full size iPad?

Twiccan

Neo Member
For a fun and cute card game, Gubs is now out on the app store, and it's free for the ad supported version, which only plays ads in between games. It's against AI only, though, which is fine with me, bu I know that bothers some people.

But the game itself is reminiscent of card games like Fluxx, because you have to keep certain cards out (in this games case, the Gubs themselves) while trying to sabotage the other players attempts to do so. All the other cards revolve around protecting your own Gubs while trying to steal or incapacitate those of your opponents.

What I really like about this game is that most of the cards have multiple uses based on the situation. One example is that there is this bubble trap thing that you can use on an enemy's Gubs (trapped Gubs don't count for points.) Then there is a spear card, which can be used to either destroy the bubble trap on one of your own Gubs, OR you can use it to kill an unprotected enemy Gub. Most of the cards follow a similar sensical logic. The only card that isn't very logical is the mushroom card. It can be used to protect a Gub, which is fine, but you can also use a mushroom card to destroy another mushroom card that is protecting an enemy Gub. That part doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but oh well.

Here's the link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gubs/id580366171?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Pizza Vs. skeletons is fun as hell. Love the music and aetheastics too.

How far are you? I REALLY loved the aesthetics of it too and was enjoying it alot but I'm really close to the end of it and kinda loathe it at this point. Its just the same thing over and over and by the end it becomes frustratingly unfairly difficult to get 3 stars on every level. I'm actually annoyed that they updated it with more levels recently because they are sure to be more frustrating than the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom