• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier |OT| Cap's Best Friends

ManaByte

Ah, guess you just got caught up in another rumour before then?

You knew the shows were weekly drops since WandaVision. You even made this thread about complaining about it:

But of course you had to come to an OT to troll and whine about it more.

Once a week is too long for me. I’ll wait for the lot to drop so I don’t have to switch between shows. Ideally they should drop episodes of shows daily to get the best of both worlds. IMO.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Literally my two least favorite characters but I'm a sucker for anything Marvel so I'll give it a shot.
tumblr_o6y0umXJZE1qire1qo1_500.gif

bitbydeath

You knew the shows were weekly drops since WandaVision. You even made this thread about complaining about it:

But of course you had to come to an OT to troll and whine about it more.
What are you talking about?
The above quote has no context about show lengths.

You said you knew every WandaVision episode was going to be 30mins in length and I quoted you where you believed the last three we’re going to be an hour.

It’s OK to be wrong every now and then, we’re all human.

quickwhips

I'm really excited for this. Just wish it was a cap winter soldier or cap and falcon series before them doing one together.

GymWolf

Wanda set up things for Doctor Strange 2, this sets up some other things (not Avengers).
Oh cmon, do i really need to watch that wanda thing to understand strange 2 or is gonna be like the latest 30 sec of the latest episode with a small correlated scene?!

ManaByte

Oh cmon, do i really need to watch that wanda thing to understand strange 2 or is gonna be like the latest 30 sec of the latest episode with a small correlated scene?!

Wanda is a main character in Doctor Strange 2. If you skip from Endgame to DS2 and don't see WandaVision you don't know how she got to her power level in DS2.

GymWolf

Wanda is a main character in Doctor Strange 2. If you skip from Endgame to DS2 and don't see WandaVision you don't know how she got to her power level in DS2.
Ugh...
Can i hope for a summary from you when strange 2 is gonna come out?!

RAÏSanÏa

Unexpected chemistry. Buddy comedy, quips and boom pow. Pretty conventional. Better have Tango and Cash references.
It's not the weird fun of Wandavision and might end up being more popular because of that.

Lol at "diversity" being a selling point. It's specifically sounding about black issues. Diversity pfft. Misleading label aside, normal subject to explore in fiction, didn't appear to hurt Black Panther, probably won't hurt this if handled similarly. If reading the summaries right it's a discrete thematic project with it's own thing going on like BP. If it's super popular might see a lot more of it.

Ten_Fold

What is woke about that? Stop being a crybaby and go find a safe space with padded walls mate.
Facts ain’t nothing woke about that. Some people just cry woke at everything. Now if it was turning the whole story to some LGBTQ love fest, then maybe he would have a point.

You don't need to watch Wandavision to understand Dr. Strange 2. Feige tries to make all movies/TV shows self contained so you don't need to watch all other MCU stuff to enjoy them. I doubt that if you skip Wandavision you will miss much when you watch Strange 2. It's just that if you watched WandaVision you'll get some of the more subtle references and things that will be in Strange 2.

bitbydeath

Series will tie into at least three MCU projects.
All being kept under wraps.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Feige confirms to EW that those specific details were "already free and clear" for them to use before the acquisition, but there are certain things coming in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier that will reflect that larger sandbox. He doesn't want to set expectations too high, but teases, "There's a setting in particular that people have already glimpsed in some of the trailers that is a setting from the Marvel Comics that was not previously available to us, but it's more of an Easter egg in and of itself."

People here were refusing to believe it‘s Madripoor.

The rumor is that’s where they get in a bar fight with Batroc.
Now that the man himself said it people here can start getting excited for it.

Better to go that route and wait for official announcements to get excited than do what some people tend to do, which is to spread FUD like, I don't know, saying the original Sony - Disney deal was for 6 movies because of a random Tom Holland interview even though Feige had stated the contract between the two entities was for 5 movies.

EDIT: More interesting though is that Kang was already available to them. As was the alias Scarlet Witch.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Movie looks interesting I would watch at home day 1 if available and I would not go to theater, covid’s secret is pretty obvious we know it will have a resurgence.

sol_bad

I'm wndering if the villain girl with curly red hair will have more screen time than I was expecting. Not sure why but I was suprised to see she had talking parts in the last trailer.
LOL

First episode done. As with all things Marvel, I enjoyed it. Definitely used most of the episode to setup the next 5. Can't wait to see what comes next.

sol_bad

Watched it and loved it. The action scenes are money, dayum.
And my heart sank for Bucky when you learn about his new friend.
:(

Reactions: KO7
Super slow start. Crazy how bad some special effects are when it's a Marvel project. Acting too, GSP is a better actor than some of the people from this episode.

Last edited:

Shouta

I really liked that first episode. it's definitely set-up but getting character development for Sam and Bucky is really enjoyable, especially since it sets up the world post-Blip and it has two perspectives on people trying to deal with lost time.

McCheese

Sorry but I can't buy an avenger being poor and needing a loan, he's effectively a secret agent working a high risk job for the military, but can't afford to fix a boat? Can't ask pepper for a loan? he saved half the literal universe but can't gofundme a few thousand dollars? So dumb.

Also really disliked how dumb they treat the audience, they drop some hints that the kid you see Bucky kill may be the old Japanese guys son, but then shove it in your face with zooming in on pictures twice because folks are stupid and need it spelt out for them, felt hamfisted.

Hopefully the script improves for future episodes

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Sorry but I can't buy an avenger being poor and needing a loan, he's effectively a secret agent working a high risk job for the military, but can't afford to fix a boat? Can't ask pepper for a loan? he saved half the literal universe but can't gofundme a few thousand dollars? So dumb.

Also really disliked how dumb they treat the audience, they drop some hints that the kid you see Bucky kill may be the old Japanese guys son, but then shove it in your face with zooming in on pictures twice because folks are stupid and need it spelt out for them, felt hamfisted.

Yeah, Avengers earning nothing didn’t make sense to me either.

Surely they could have come up with a better reason like him blowing it all on hookers or something.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Spider-Man is an Avenger in the comics and is always poor (until that idiot Dan Slott turned him into Tony Stark).

Top Bottom