• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier |OT| Cap's Best Friends

ManaByte

Gold Member
xz6PPqS.jpg

Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Sam Wilson/Falcon (Anthony Mackie) and Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) team up in a global adventure that tests their abilities -- and their patience -- in Marvel Studios’ The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

March 19th on Disney+. Six episodes.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
Interested in hearing impressions. I was disappointed with the whole Netflix and Marvel collaboration on TV shows. Hoping these Disney+ shows have a bigger budget and better writing.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I read somewhere that the action will be "bloody". I wonder what that means exactly.
It's kind of weird how these Disney shows will be less restricted than their theatrical counterparts.

*EDIT*
It was Twitter of course

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I read somewhere that the action will be "bloody". I wonder what that means exactly.
It's kind of weird how these Disney shows will be less restricted than their theatrical counterparts.

The clip they showed is described like PG-16 like the Netflix shows.

sol_bad

The clip they showed is described like PG-16 like the Netflix shows.

Yeah, again, kind of crazy that the American TV ratings system is less restricted than the theatrical ratings system.

TV where anyone can watch it because parents generally don't care what their kids watch,
Theatrical where younger kids have to be with an adult.

You'd think the TV side of things would be more restricted.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Interested in hearing impressions. I was disappointed with the whole Netflix and Marvel collaboration on TV shows. Hoping these Disney+ shows have a bigger budget and better writing.

Marvel Disney+ TV Shows get 25.000.0000 Dollar production budget for each episode.

DKehoe

I'll check this out but looks like generic MCU stuff. Wandavision interested me because it looked like it was trying something a bit different.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Why is their country vulnerable!!!???

Cap gone. Iron Man, Black Widow, and Vision dead. Wanda (at this point) having a breakdown in New Jersey. Captain Marvel off in space somewhere, Thor's having adventures with the Guardians. That part of the TV spot matches where US Agent was seen in set photos, so that's probably his introduction to the media.

Last edited:

DKehoe

I mean, if you’re not into the MCU.... i doubt this will do anything for you.
I do like the Marvel stuff. But I feel like I'm maybe getting fatigued on it. And there's no particular hook to this one (that I've seen at least) that's especially drawing me in.

bitbydeath

I do like the Marvel stuff. But I feel like I'm maybe getting fatigued on it. And there's no particular hook to this one (that I've seen at least) that's especially drawing me in.
I’m watching it anyway but I largely agree. This one looks more like unnecessary filler right now but I hope to be proven wrong.

sol_bad

Cap gone. Iron Man, Black Widow, and Vision dead. Wanda (at this point) having a breakdown in New Jersey. Captain Marvel off in space somewhere, Thor's having adventures with the Guardians. That part of the TV spot matches where US Agent was seen in set photos, so that's probably his introduction to the media.

Yeah but what's attacking America to require a super hero?
:eek:

sol_bad

Yeah I'm feckin hyped for Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Can't wait at all.
Inject that MCU shit into my veins.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I’m less excited for this than Wanda (although I wasn’t excited for that until it got going), but it does seem like they’re trying to keep it from being a show that takes itself too seriously with the humour. I’m hopeful.

bitbydeath

I’m less excited for this than Wanda (although I wasn’t excited for that until it got going), but it does seem like they’re trying to keep it from being a show that takes itself too seriously with the humour. I’m hopeful.
At least Loki isn’t too far off which should be interesting.

INC

Didn't people say that about GOTG?
They aren't even C tier.
o_O

Thats a film, not a series, chalk and cheese, you can make most things interest for only 2hours, C class characters over 7-10 episodes and multiple seasons.......not so easy, since you've gotta stretch out paper thin characters even more.

INC

It's 6 episodes and only one season. It's a limited series like WandaVision.

That's still nearly 6hrs of wing boy, and gruff metal arm man.

Im sure my wife will watch it, so let's see, it could be entertaining

Is wonda and this meant to be the start of 'next phase' of marvel, with a PG blade and the eternals? Or is this just to milk avengers even more?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yeah, again, kind of crazy that the American TV ratings system is less restricted than the theatrical ratings system.

TV where anyone can watch it because parents generally don't care what their kids watch,
Theatrical where younger kids have to be with an adult.

You'd think the TV side of things would be more restricted.
This isn't going on TV..

INC

You obviously don't like Marvel. So why are you trolling an OT?

I do actually, so what is it, a set up or a milking?

If it's a milking I have no reason to watch it, if it's a set up, them it might be worth watching

Marvel films are just average tho, not a bad thing, u know what you're getting, CGI with empty blockbusters and that's fine, but thats about it really. Guardians was fun and watched a few times, Dr strange was also decent, original iron man was dope. I also think it's pretty amazing how the planned out the whole avengers films and origin stories. I still think avengers is overrated as fuck (but still an amazing achievement) Do I pass? Or are you still upset I don't jizz over marvel completely, so must be a troll?

ManaByte

Gold Member
I do actually, so what is it, a set up or a milking?

If it's a milking I have no reason to watch it, if it's a set up, them it might be worth watching

Marvel films are just average tho, not a bad thing, u know what you're getting, CGI with empty blockbusters and that's fine, but thats about it really. Guardians was fun and watched a few times, Dr strange was also decent, original iron man was dope. I also think it's pretty amazing how the planned out the whole avengers films and origin stories. I still think avengers is overrated as fuck (but still an amazing achievement) Do I pass? Or are you still upset I don't jizz over marvel completely, so must be a troll?

Wanda set up things for Doctor Strange 2, this sets up some other things (not Avengers).

INC

Wanda set up things for Doctor Strange 2, this sets up some other things (not Avengers).

Hmm ok, then I guess I've gotta watch wonda now......

Surely it's gotta be eternals or the new Jared Leto film morbius or something, there's a new Spiderman announced and teased too, so logically could be that, like the pidey multiverse or something, probably Loki series tho I expect

ManaByte

Gold Member
Surely it's gotta be eternals or the new Jared Leto film morbius or something

Morbius is a Sony movie. Marvel ignores their universe unless it's Spider-Man. And Eternals is set 35,000 years before these shows.

there's a new Spiderman announced and teased too, so logically could be that, like the pidey multiverse or something, probably Loki series tho I expect

None of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: INC

bitbydeath

Yes Kevin Feige already confirmed that when WandaVision released. It's six episodes.

All Marvel and Star Wars stuff on D+ is weekly. People should know this by now.
News to me, was this the same statement that said WandaVision would also be an hour? Cause that was wrong.

Top Bottom