• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Captain America 4' in the Works With 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Showrunner

ManaByte

The head writer and creator of Disney+ and Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is developing a fourth installment of the Captain America film franchise for Marvel Studios. Spellman will co-write the script with Dalan Musson, a staff writer on Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Xenon

Has a character from a show ever transcended into the theaters? Then again maybe it's just a Disney + movie

was a good series but it went off the rails as soon as they started bringing in the woke crap
the last episode was building up to something great but instead of a bad cap and a big showdown we got a half assed fight...bad cap seemed to of been completely re-written for the episode and we got a woke speech that went for 10 out of the 45 minute runtime

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The show ended with this megaton of cringe and the same people are making the movie now. Of course, I will make fun of them
Evilore was pretty clear man. No politics. You whining because the episode had the "preaching left" is pretty clearly politics.

Just trying to save you a warning or ban.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
Evilore was pretty clear man. No politics. You whining because the episode had the "preaching left" is pretty clearly politics.
It is not about politics it was an empty word salad with some buzzwords thrown in. When the senator was asking him for a solution his answer was "do better". If that is already politics making fun of TV show writers who think that they are clever, but fell flat on their ass, then you can talk about nothing anymore.

When even the most cringe-inducing stuff in pop culture has to be accepted and you can not even make fun of it anymore, because the right buzzwords were used. Then we can only stand in front of our homes and clap while Hollywood people sing Imagine.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

not sure how I feel about another cap movie. Falcons and Winter Soldier started off pretty strong but it’s become worse every episode. 6 episodes and not a great finale, so hand over cap 4 to them? Ehhh.
What I am trying to figure out is when did the writers decide the villain was sympathetic. At no point prior to the final episode is that ever presented. In fact the villain is killing randoms. Then in the last episode they are like “she has a good point”.
I watched and was confused by the thought.

Hatemachine

Banned
I haven't watched any of this since the first episode. Can someone give me a 2-3 sentence summary of it? Sounds like it sucked pretty bad.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait the show is over??
Haven't seen it yet but I don't think one episode gonna change my perception of the show
How underwhelming, this was the one I was looking forward too and it's been meh, Wandvision turn out way better then I expect but I didn't expect Falcon & Winter Soldier to go so off base, it looks like is had good ideas but had other ideas.
I should watch the latest episode and reserve judgement but, kinda short no?
not sure how I feel about a new Cap film.

Ichabod

Banned
Totally out of the loop of the happenings with the disney+ series, but if they finally give Bucky the shield and Cap's mantle, day fucking one.

Lupingosei

Banned
Wait the show is over??
Haven't seen it yet but I don't think one episode gonna change my perception of the show
How underwhelming, this was the one I was looking forward too and it's been meh, Wandvision turn out way better then I expect but I didn't expect Falcon & Winter Soldier to go so off base, it looks like is had good ideas but had other ideas.
I should watch the latest episode and reserve judgement but, kinda short no?
not sure how I feel about a new Cap film.
Honestly, both shows made no sense and I am not really looking forward to the new movies now. Both shows are like the Wizard of Oz. Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain. Because as soon as you do, it falls like a house of cards. Not that the MCU was very consistent from the beginning, but the new shows really demand a lot of suspension of disbelief to work.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
It is not about politics it was an empty word salad with some buzzwords thrown in. When the senator was asking him for a solution his answer was "do better". If that is already politics making fun of TV show writers who think that they are clever, but fell flat on their ass, then you can talk about nothing anymore.

When even the most cringe-inducing stuff in pop culture has to be accepted and you can not even make fun of it anymore, because the right buzzwords were used. Then we can only stand in front of our homes and clap while Hollywood people sing Imagine.
Literally everything you just described is politics. You are butthurt that the message at the end of the episode catered more to what you perceived to be one side of the political spectrum more than the other.

And I am not saying that you are wrong, but that is no longer apart of the forum.

Last edited:
Literally everything you just described is politics. You are butthurt that the message at the end of the episode catered more to what you perceived to be one side of the political spectrum more than the other.

And I am not saying that you are wrong, but that is no longer apart of the forum.
The problem is you cant discuss this show without discussing politics...and that was the problem with the show in the end.

Other then that....it was ok

I wanna see if they go the thunderbolts route

Last edited:

BigStef71

Neo Member
Personally, I wish Kolstad was writing the film because I think the episodes he wrote for F&WS were the best ones. Anyways I'm hyped i definitely preferred this show over WandaVision.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The creator/writer needs to work on his climaxes and endings. Other than that issue, episodes 1-5 had good enough pacing to them. Again I don't know how big of an impact Covid had on the finale.

Yoboman

What I am trying to figure out is when did the writers decide the villain was sympathetic. At no point prior to the final episode is that ever presented. In fact the villain is killing randoms. Then in the last episode they are like “she has a good point”.
I think they did a poor job of showing what she was fighting for

They were essentially citizens of countries being shipped away because they had no place after being brought back from the snap

Shai-Tan

Banned
The back story on Sam, the boat etc just made me think the entire time that it would be more like The Boys. Everyone knows him yet that’s not monetized? Yeah ok

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Uggggh I haven’t watched w vision and I haven’t watched this. I don’t want to have to watch all then study up. Because of Easter eggs and comic book references

This is too much like homework. I don’t want to think when I watch a film.
explain the plot to me. Make sure you have like jump cuts. Because my attention is .. bad.

it’s bad enough these movies came from a comic book. Nerd shit.

what next. Some fantasy nerd shit made into a TV series , dragons on the bit screen. What ? Good luck with that.

Ass , Titties, explosions, aliens , babes
That is why Michael Bay is number one.

saturday night live mullet GIF by HULU

I hope my sarcasm works, if you don’t get it you don’t understand great comedies like scrubs season 9. So great.
the lost boys 80s GIF

look at that sexy mullet and the sax. Lost boys now that’s a film.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Marvel are smart to bet on Anthony Mackey, the guy is pure charisma.

I still laugh that due to Mackie being Cap, the owner of one of the biggest movie websites is now banned from forever interviewing Captain America after Mackie torched him for 4 minutes during the Infinity War press junket for making a deceptively edited video where the site made it look like Mackie was trashing Man of Steel.

trikster40

Yeah, basically they said “look, she may have been a killer but people liked her ideas, so cave in to her demands or someone worse will take her place”.

Put it in real world, replace FlagSmashers with Antifa, and that argument is a horrible idea. There’s a reason why we don’t give in to terrorist demands: you give them an inch, they’ll demand a mile. Anything you do will never be enough, and you only confirm in their mind that their methods work.

wait, according to the show, they aren’t terrorists. My bad.

Last edited:

Laieon

not sure how I feel about another cap movie. Falcons and Winter Soldier started off pretty strong but it’s become worse every episode. 6 episodes and not a great finale, so hand over cap 4 to them? Ehhh.

I feel the exact opposite! I think Falcon and the Winter Soldier started off weak, but finished strong. It was the opposite with Wandavision, which I felt started very strong, but didn't really nail the ending.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Totally out of the loop of the happenings with the disney+ series, but if they finally give Bucky the shield and Cap's mantle, day fucking one.
Bucky is set up to become a version White Wolf, this show was about him finally dropping The Winter Soldier stuff and coming to terms with his past, literally getting therapy to help him overcome the nightmares of the kills he did when under control.

Xenon

Thanks Nobody for the defense against malicious attacks against the forum. Seeing you goad somebody into the argument about their posts and them getting banned really brings me back few years. It's like we've truly come full circle.

Personally I feel there's a huge difference between arguing over every racially charged political event on a daily basis and discussing whether or not a piece of media has political influences. But that's just me.

Toons

Banned
Thanks Nobody for the defense against malicious attacks against the forum. Seeing you goad somebody into the argument about their posts and them getting banned really brings me back few years. It's like we've truly come full circle.

Personally I feel there's a huge difference between arguing over every racially charged political event on a daily basis and discussing whether or not a piece of media has political influences. But that's just me.
He didn't get him banned, the dude kept doubling down after being warned. He has no one to thank but himself

Batiman

Banned
That episode had to have the record amount of camera cuts. I never really notice that stuff but I swear they didn’t let the camera sit on any shot for more than 2 seconds for half the episode. I couldn’t keep up with WTF was going on.

RAÏSanÏa

Good. It should help keep the franchise steady through Sam's run.

Where's all Tony's nano suits? Steve had one. What happened to that?

Top Bottom