• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 gets a 4K60fps Patch for PS5/XSX in Feb 2021

Rikkori

It's probably going to be dynamic 4K again, but in this case it's actually for the best. TD2 has a form of temporal reprojection that is at least on par if not better than the best DLSS 2.0 implementation. Even on PC I put the resolution scale at 85% because it's so good I can't tell the difference with 100% 4K and it just feels like a waste of resources to keep it native.

I think Snowdrop might just be the best overall engine on the market right now in terms of visuals + performance. It's so good! Avatar is going to be INSANE!

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
I wish they would do this with Division 1 instead, and just pretend the sequel doesn't exist. It is a better game in ALL aspects.
love-you-136739-2034123.gif

Grinchy

Banned
I'll check it out. I never bothered with the first one, so I don't know how much worse this one is, but I sunk around 60 hours into it anyway.

It started getting a bit tedious with the end game grind. Those level 4 alert things where every enemy takes a year to kill and shreds through you can be annoying.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'll check it out. I never bothered with the first one, so I don't know how much worse this one is, but I sunk around 60 hours into it anyway.

It started getting a bit tedious with the end game grind. Those level 4 alert things where every enemy takes a year to kill and shreds through you can be annoying.

It's so bad that if you go and play the first one now, you would think that's the sequel.

I really don't know how Ubi fucked up so bad with this game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guess I'll probably pick up that New York expansion at some point then

no 120hz?

i mean even THAT would be a downgrade from 165hz but 60hz is a joke.

lol it's almost 2 years old. you don't need a 3090 to run it like a champ.

It ran like shit on my 980Ti and wasn't doing 4K 60.

I'm not just using the 3090 for this game.

Last edited:

Hairsplash

that would be great, because that is the only game that i feel like a sucker!... paid 150CAN for the Gold edition!... great atmospheric game... except those damn gold level enemys required “cheesing” to defeat... (you know, going to place that you can shot them, but they can not shot you)... i quit the game...

Last edited:

saintjules

This is the one game I was looking forward to seeing the upgrade. Guess I'll wait to finish the endgame content.

waylo

Banned
Said it before, but Massive took everything they learned from the first game and all the strides they made to make that first game really good, and tossed it all out the window with the second. Every fucking fumble and stumble from the first was repeated with the second. It's actually quite impressive.

jbortz78

Good news about better performance but... what about new content so it’s worth my time?
Thought the game was on track with warlords but no. They learned soo little from D1

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Long wait for it. Still, nice to see.

I wonder when ESO will get its next gen patch? The announced it in September

TheMan

february??

lol, ok. This game is already old, you'd think this wold have been ready for launch. Maybe they're planning some content updates at the same time?

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Said it before, but Massive took everything they learned from the first game and all the strides they made to make that first game really good, and tossed it all out the window with the second. Every fucking fumble and stumble from the first was repeated with the second. It's actually quite impressive.

I feel like the big reason for this comes is that the people doing the live work to fix the game and make new content aren't the ones who are making the sequel.

I want to ask Ubisoft, why do they even allow you to play as a man?

You don't play as a man, do you? It's just body type left or right in the character creator.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:
Top Bottom